The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #2381
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He's already made it, mane.
it's like a full-on Geek-dream come true!!!!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #2382
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
What do you guys think about me moving the "ask the editor" thread to... here?

(not this thread, but this forum)
Yes! I've been bummed about the IDW forums not working. Speaking of which, is there any way to reach out to the regular users of the IDW forum and let them know we still have active comic discussions here as well? I know there's a lot of user crossover already, but the exclusive IDW users are probably itching for some interaction.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #2383
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Volume 12 includes the Free Comic Book Day special, making it a 4 issue trade. TMNT #50 is double length, making Volume 13 a 4 issue trade (essentially).

From Volume 14 on they'll be 5 issues per trade.
Makes sense. I was wondering why the hell there was essentially a comic equivalent of a clip show thrown in.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #2384
oldmanwinters
Overlord

In which issues of the "New Animated Adventures" title did Karai appear. The only one I really remember is #7: "Triple Date Disaster" and her cameo (in partial snake form) at the end of #16.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #2385
ToTheNines
[sic]

Unless I'm mistaken, that is it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #2386
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, that is it.
Thanks! It's too bad she wasn't more utilized in that series. I always appreciated how the books gave us 2D representations of the 3D character models. That's helpful to me for artistic reference.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #2387
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Can anyone tell me why it's so difficult to find a copy of issue #10 from volume 2? I've looked everywhere, online and in stores. Is there something special about that issue other than it being the beginning of the DARPA story?

And does anyone have any ideas on where I may be able to find a copy of this issue?

Thanks!
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #2388
Editor's Note Comics
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
Can anyone tell me why it's so difficult to find a copy of issue #10 from volume 2? I've looked everywhere, online and in stores. Is there something special about that issue other than it being the beginning of the DARPA story?
Nothing major really happens in this issue. It was initially printed 8 months late. My best guess is since this story was rushed and prematurely ended due to low sales, the number of copies that were printed was likely lower.
Editor's Note Comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #2389
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
And does anyone have any ideas on where I may be able to find a copy of this issue?

Thanks!
Did you try Mirage?

If they don't have it, I can look around for it. I know I've seen one recently.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:17 PM   #2390
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Did you try Mirage?
Having checked, issue #10 is the ONLY issue from volume 2 that is sold out.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:46 PM   #2391
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Did you try Mirage?

If they don't have it, I can look around for it. I know I've seen one recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I've been on mirage and just about every major online comic distributor without any luck. I've been to about 9 comic shops around town as well with each having every issue but this one so I'm running low on options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor's Note Comics View Post
Nothing major really happens in this issue. It was initially printed 8 months late. My best guess is since this story was rushed and prematurely ended due to low sales, the number of copies that were printed was likely lower.
I've heard that the late release played a part in it having less copies but I was holding out to hope that it was just heresay. Thanks for the info though!
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #2392
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I asked first and then went to look.

Crazy that just about 2 years ago how much more well stocked they were... lol. I got a vol 4 #30 for cover price! Then bought and extra because I needed the #29. Then found a #29 by itself. Ended up keeping both copies of both issues because I went to Shellback and the guys all signed both copies of each and sketched on the last page. I just couldn't decide which ones were cooler. Lol
Old 03-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #2393
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

question...I know there was a TOY CHECKLIST on here somewhere with pictures but I cannot find it. can anyone help out?
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #2394
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

Is a preview for deviations coming out?
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #2395
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Guys, a question about the tales of the TMNT published by IDW, what's the difference between "Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" and "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Each title collects issues of the first and second volumen of tales in a special order? One is in color, the other one in black and white or what? Cheers
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:33 AM   #2396
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Guys, a question about the tales of the TMNT published by IDW, what's the difference between "Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" and "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Each title collects issues of the first and second volumen of tales in a special order? One is in color, the other one in black and white or what? Cheers
"Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" is a collection published by Mirage. It's in B&W, and it's thematically collected (Don-centered issues, Leo's blindness issues, etc.)
"Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is published by IDW. It's colored and collects (hopefully) all issues chronologically.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #2397
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
"Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" is a collection published by Mirage. It's in B&W, and it's thematically collected (Don-centered issues, Leo's blindness issues, etc.)
"Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is published by IDW. It's colored and collects (hopefully) all issues chronologically.
Cool, man! Thank you.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:10 AM   #2398
Nerdatello
Thug

I was at the event held at the Wayne Center for the Arts back in '07, where I got a copy of Tales of the TMNT #32 with the exclusive cover, and Ryan Brown signed the inside cover. I then bagged and boarded it, and almost forgot about it until I saw the Turtle Power documentary and saw the comic in the background of one of the interviews and thought, hey, I have that comic! I dug it out of my longbox, and found that Ryan Brown's signature had actually bled through the cover enough to make it noticeable on the front cover. Does anyone know how much that will affect the grade of this comic? Other than that, it is in pretty NM condition, but I didn't know, since it's a creator's signature, if it would downgrade the comic a lot or not.

Thanks!
Nerdatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #2399
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdatello View Post
I was at the event held at the Wayne Center for the Arts back in '07, where I got a copy of Tales of the TMNT #32 with the exclusive cover, and Ryan Brown signed the inside cover. I then bagged and boarded it, and almost forgot about it until I saw the Turtle Power documentary and saw the comic in the background of one of the interviews and thought, hey, I have that comic! I dug it out of my longbox, and found that Ryan Brown's signature had actually bled through the cover enough to make it noticeable on the front cover. Does anyone know how much that will affect the grade of this comic? Other than that, it is in pretty NM condition, but I didn't know, since it's a creator's signature, if it would downgrade the comic a lot or not.

http://i.imgur.com/nF0kmBc.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/mpDA1ds.jpg?1

Thanks!
Signatures usually add to the value but i'd be torn here because of where he signed it...
Old 05-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #2400
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdatello View Post

http://i.imgur.com/nF0kmBc.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/mpDA1ds.jpg?1

Thanks!
Certainly depends on preference. The last copies sold for $225 and it's nearly impossible to obtain Browns autograph anymore so it may hold the value or increase he value even. For others the fact that it's signed at all may deter them from even being interested. I personally would like mine signed and think in his case the value wouldn't be affected but others may have a different opinion.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions