The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We're talking about actual bread, right?
Ninja Smoke Bombs! Exploding Arrows! Epic Battles! Issue One Nods Everywhere! *head explodes* 47 55.29%
Your skills are impressive.... but they will NOT save you. 14 16.47%
What you know is dangerous to your enemy. What you THINK you know is dangerous to yourself... 16 18.82%
There's a creature out there trying to hurt my April.... our April.... 8 9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #41
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I can't stop watching the fight with Shredder XD. I really like how each Turtle is worried about the other and sees if they're ok. Like how Mikey went up to Raph after he had been shocked, or how Donnie screams "Leo!" worried, after Shredder hurts him. It was really sad to watch the turtles getting brutally beaten by Shredder, but still, Shredder was awesome. I really can't wait to see Dogpound and Fishface in action though. They look really awesome!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #42
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Man. Nickelodeon misled me. I thought this was going to be a weak episode because of Pigeon Pete, but then all these things happened. Well, here it goes.

Oh my gosh! This episode was awesome! It starts with Pigeon Pete, but then leads to the Kraang, then Xever and Bradford, and lastly . . . SHREDDER! I did not expect him to arrive. However, the turtles became cocky, so I guess this was their wake-up call. Plus, this was intense for a kids show. I love it. No wonder Nickelodeon changed the episode title.

There were times during that epic battle where I predicted Xever and Bradford would become Fishface and Dogpound, so I knew that was coming. Then Shredder arrives. Wow. I just can't believe, when Raph was electrocuted and when that sign fell on Mike, that those turtles were still alive. There was no way they could've survived.

Mikey with the smoke bombs was hilarious. Also, I'm glad that he proves to not be that stupid even though he is the annoying little brother. And that line provided by Don: "We can't let them hurt my April. I mean . . . our April."

As for Leo: awesome as always. Those scenes were he snuck up to the Kraang were so cool.

Lastly, Splinter's line was amazing. "We are at war." I knew he was going to say that.

Overall, a fantastic episode. This is now number 1 on my list. I sure can't wait when this comes onto DVD or Blu-Ray. I don't care if it's the first 13 episodes. I'd love them no matter what.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #43
kzekedaurus
Thug

A great episode. The tracking shots and quick cuts when the turtles are dispatching the Kraang soldiers on the tower were probably my favorite part. It's not everyday you see stuff like that in western animation, and it's something I wish I could see more often. I appreciate this show's love for style.

Also, Bradford and Xever seem to have a knack for getting washed away. They're like this show's equivalent of Team Rocket.

Also, also, were they making a reference to the dog who waited for it's master until death? Seems like an odd one to make in a show like this. The again, maybe not.

Last edited by kzekedaurus; 11-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.
kzekedaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
Yep It's A Trap
Foot Soldier

I won't come into this topic and just tell about the things I didn't like (and still don't like) as the shows creative team will just come into the thread like crybabies and have some ridiculous comment about it. Knowing that they have responded the way they have puts a bad taste in my mouth towards the show.

With that said, the fight with Shredder at the end was great. I wish the whole show could have that same tone to it.
Yep It's A Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #45
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep It's A Trap View Post
I won't come into this topic and just tell about the things I didn't like (and still don't like) as the shows creative team will just come into the thread like crybabies and have some ridiculous comment about it. Knowing that they have responded the way they have puts a bad taste in my mouth towards the show.

With that said, the fight with Shredder at the end was great. I wish the whole show could have that same tone to it.
Boy. You're still on that? And STILL not understanding what actually went on there? Wowie.

I like that the show has a lighter tone. Then when you get the contrast like the fight with Shredder it makes it more impactful. The entire show having a gloomy and serious theme would just get tiresome real quick.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #46
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

IGN gave this episode a 9.1: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...auntlet-review

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #47
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

I am currently watching the episode but I just have to get something off my chest: Mikey's portrayal in this series.
Since at least episode 3, the way Michelangelo acts is just annoying. Too much emphasis is put on how clumsy and "slow" he is (my sig sums up what I'm implying).

This episode just has way too much of all that so I felt I needed to rant about it. It is becoming unbearable for me. Sorry for the negativity but aside the fact that New York city seems always so empty, Mikey's portrayal has got to be the aspect of the show I am least fond of.

Will share my thoughts on the episode shortly as soon as I'm done watching it.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #48
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

So much awesomeness in this episode!

The end fight with Xever and Bradford was badass, and it was even better when Shredder appeared.

April got some nice scenes and more character as well
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
I am currently watching the episode but I just have to get something off my chest: Mikey's portrayal in this series.
Since at least episode 3, the way Michelangelo acts is just annoying. Too much emphasis is put on how clumsy and "slow" he is (my sig sums up what I'm implying).

This episode just has way too much of all that so I felt I needed to rant about it. It is becoming unbearable for me. Sorry for the negativity but aside the fact that New York city seems always so empty, Mikey's portrayal has got to be the aspect of the show I am least fond of.

Will share my thoughts on the episode shortly as soon as I'm done watching it.
He's the annoying little brother. That's his character. He's young, naive and stupid. He's actually the only one to get a momentary leg up on Shredder in the whole fight.

Also. The new york thing. They aren't in new york city. They're in Brooklyn or maybe Queens. Those places are deserted in the am hours. Kinda sick of hearing that complaint from people that know nothing of that area.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 11-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #50
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So....Bradford and Xever touched the dog and the fish....and then the Turtles, who touched Pete and probably Splinter....man using Fred Wolf mutagen logic is hard. Then again, they tried to buy that back with the "The Kraang kidnapped scientists to make the mutagen's properties more stable/work in our dimension." so....well played Nick writers.

And are all the mutants in this show gonna be accidental?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #51
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So....Bradford and Xever touched the dog and the fish....and then the Turtles, who touched Pete and probably Splinter....man using Fred Wolf mutagen logic is hard. Then again, they tried to buy that back with the "The Kraang kidnapped scientists to make the mutagen's properties more stable/work in our dimension." so....well played Nick writers.

And are all the mutants in this show gonna be accidental?
The pidgeon wasn't an accident.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #52
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Was Rockwell and Pete an accident?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #53
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Ok...so will 9 out of every 11 mutants be an accident?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #54
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Whats the big problem with that?

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

I've watched the fight with Shredder ten times now lol.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #56
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
8 out of 10.
Accidental Mutants:
  1. Leonardo
  2. Donatello
  3. Raphael
  4. Michelangelo
  5. Hamato Yoshi/Splinter
  6. Snake/Snakeweed
  7. Vic/Spiderbytes
  8. Bradford/Dogpound
  9. Xever/Fishface
Non-accidental Mutants:
  1. Rockwell/Monkey
  2. Pigeon Pete

Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #57
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Leatherhead will probably be accidental as well.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #58
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

The episode was good but I guess the hype made it so that I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I would have imagined.
Still prefer episodes 4 and 8 to this one.

The fight scenes are top notch, as usual. By far my favourite aspect of the show with the chemistry between the bros and master Splinter of course.
Sad Xever got turned in this episode. Would have liked to see him in many more episodes in his human form.

Overall enjoyable eppie.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #59
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Accidental Mutants:
  1. Leonardo
  2. Donatello
  3. Raphael
  4. Michelangelo
  5. Hamato Yoshi/Splinter
  6. Snake/Snakeweed
  7. Vic/Spiderbytes
  8. Bradford/Dogpound
  9. Xever/Fishface
Non-accidental Mutants:
  1. Rockwell/Monkey
  2. Pigeon Pete

I edited my post like a second after. Realized what you was saying.

I say again, What's the problem?

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 11-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #60
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I edited my post like a second after. Realized what you was saying.

I say again, What's the problem?
Nothing. I just figured I'd mention it before Cybercubed beat it into the ground or gobo and Andrew used it as a reason to hate on the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
Sad Xever got turned in this episode. Would have liked to see him in many more episodes in his human form.
Part of me wonders if the plot will turn to Shredder promising Bradford and Xever to attempt return them to normal if they, "DESTROY THE TURTLES!!!" only to have him refuse or reveal there is no reversing it. I mean, I could see Xever having issues and wanting to be normal again but Bradford growing to like his new form.

Tags
2k12, nick