The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #7181
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

X-Men

Marvel's X-Men
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:52 AM   #7182
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Fist of the North Star (1995). It's fantastic!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:08 PM   #7183
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

"A Monster Calls"

I'd never even heard of it, but was well worth watching. Some aspect of it had a vague, almost slightly Neverending Story-ish feel.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #7184
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Raiders of the Lost Shark.

It was pretty bad... Not as bad as Jurassic Shark but that's a low bar.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #7185
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

"The Revenant"

Is Leonardo Dicaprio even capable of being in a bad movie.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:40 PM   #7186
newfan
Mad Scientist

Finally got around to watching Split. A little mixed feeling but overall not bad.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #7187
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I saw IT and I thought it was good, however my one gripe is that I wish the film had a higher on screen body count but other than that its a solid 8 out of 10 for me
Old 09-08-2017, 08:08 AM   #7188
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Raiders of the Lost Shark.

It was pretty bad... Not as bad as Jurassic Shark but that's a low bar.
Omg I must find these. I'm a suckered for crappy shark movies, my favorite is Sharks in Venice
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #7189
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Sharks in Venice was on the voting table. We had Sharks in Venice, Frankenshark, Shark Exorcist, Planet of the Sharks, Jurassic Shark and Raiders of the Lost Shark. I think we had another one as well but I can't remember the title.

Cheesy horror movies are a staple in our Cheese nights where we watch movies and eat fancy cheese
Old 09-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #7190
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

re watched Rocky. Still really good, just that scene with Adrian coming into his apartment for the first time is hella cringey. Change that and it's perfect.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #7191
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

It. Really good at being both creepy and funny when It needs to be.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #7192
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Just saw It. WOW! So much creepier than the original movie. (Though I'm not sure that's saying much since the old one was a made for TV movie and rated PG.) Still left out and/or changed a few things from the book but overall closer in tone and presentation of the kids' fears. Much more graphic, but a few minor complaints. First is the scenes that for some reason the movies seem to refuse to touch AT ALL. Talking about the junkyard scene with Henry and the other bully kids (which was where Patrick ACTUALLY met his end) and second most obvious was the scene with Beverly and the boys'- erm, "bonding ritual" when they first entered the sewers to fight It for the second time, and the scenes about the werewolf from the movie the kids went to see. Also skipped a bit over some of Mike's story. I know he plays a bigger part in Part two as he was the only one who stayed as an adult. But I wish they wouldn't be so hesitant to get into some of the deeper psychological aspects of the "monster". How it was growing more dangerous over time, how the adults were blind to everything happening, and especially more on the kids' relationships to their families being tied into their reasons for fighting the evil. It focused mostly on Beverly and Eddie's parents, while leaving out almost everyone else's except Henry.

I enjoyed this version a lot even though I still feel Tim Curry IS and always will be Pennywise to me. Probably has to do with his delivery and expressiveness, though this take on him was much more like the creature in the novel. Pennywise was a mask, a disguise worn by the creature to get close to its prey, but here it just seemed a little TOO creepy on first sight to be effective at that. Even Georgie seemed hesitant to get close, and that was the most innocent-seeming it appeared through the entire movie! Far better at evoking fear, but at the same time how could it feed if the prey is too scared to let it near? Though I DID like the effects and how each time it appeared, it was more horrifying.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #7193
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Just saw It. WOW! So much creepier than the original movie. (Though I'm not sure that's saying much since the old one was a made for TV movie and rated PG.) Still left out and/or changed a few things from the book but overall closer in tone and presentation of the kids' fears. Much more graphic, but a few minor complaints. First is the scenes that for some reason the movies seem to refuse to touch AT ALL. Talking about the junkyard scene with Henry and the other bully kids (which was where Patrick ACTUALLY met his end) and second most obvious was the scene with Beverly and the boys'- erm, "bonding ritual" when they first entered the sewers to fight It for the second time, and the scenes about the werewolf from the movie the kids went to see. Also skipped a bit over some of Mike's story. I know he plays a bigger part in Part two as he was the only one who stayed as an adult. But I wish they wouldn't be so hesitant to get into some of the deeper psychological aspects of the "monster". How it was growing more dangerous over time, how the adults were blind to everything happening, and especially more on the kids' relationships to their families being tied into their reasons for fighting the evil. It focused mostly on Beverly and Eddie's parents, while leaving out almost everyone else's except Henry.

I enjoyed this version a lot even though I still feel Tim Curry IS and always will be Pennywise to me. Probably has to do with his delivery and expressiveness, though this take on him was much more like the creature in the novel. Pennywise was a mask, a disguise worn by the creature to get close to its prey, but here it just seemed a little TOO creepy on first sight to be effective at that. Even Georgie seemed hesitant to get close, and that was the most innocent-seeming it appeared through the entire movie! Far better at evoking fear, but at the same time how could it feed if the prey is too scared to let it near? Though I DID like the effects and how each time it appeared, it was more horrifying.
Agree with almost all of this. And I need to read IT, I have the book, just gotta finish up ATLAS shrugged so I can move on from that though. Yeah Skarsgard was more like a creature, Curry had a more human feel to Pennywise.
Really good overall.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #7194
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I started rereading the book after we came home from the movie, and now I am noticing some other changes. The movie never went into Belch getting killed, and the one bully that DID die in the movie was actually named Victor in the book. Odd change. And then there were the other dead kids- like the toddler on his tricycle who disappeared almost under his mom's nose. And none of them stayed missing- Georgie was actually found within a minute of being attacked. The movie made it out like none of them were ever found, but they were.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #7195
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Captain Phillips

Started off a little slow for me but then picked up and was worth watching.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:06 AM   #7196
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just watched You Are Umasou and it was really cute.

Spoiler:
But the ending confused me. Did the rock from Egg Mountain get ejected into space when it erupted? How???
Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 PM   #7197
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Just watched batman vs superman and then suicide squad. Now I'm in the mood to watch wonder woman and justice league.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #7198
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The Rezort, it's basically Jurrasic Park but with zombies instead of dinosaurs. Was a fun romp.

He Never Died, I liked it. It's about a immortal dude that "falls off the wagon" to save his daughter.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #7199
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Watched Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 2 on Blu ray. I really love that movie its my favorite of the two.

The opening credits scene with baby groot dancing to Mr Blue Sky and The Ravager break out scene are my favorite scenes

The ending still makes me cry though
Old 10-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #7200
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

My mom was watching His Double Life, and I tagged along. It was nice.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies