The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #2721
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Congrats! Sounds like a blast. I remember Heathers, the movie anyway. My junior year in high school the drama club did The Sound of Music, so I decided to take drama as my elective the next year and we did The Wiz. So much fun! Had a small part as one of the Emerald Citizens but it was a great experience. We also did a (non-musical) production of The Mouse That Roared. That one I had a bigger part in as one of the General's daughters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Congrats, GM. I did plays in high school but never had time in college for that as my workload was too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That's awesome, GoldMutant!
Thanks, guys.

There are four (technically 5 or 6) original drama kids in my grade since freshman year. I could say 5 or 6 because one of them didn't return sophomore year while the other didn't become an actress until sophomore year; instead, she was the photographer for the freshman shows. Of the original four, however, I'm the only one who has never done crew work. Instead, I've been an actor throughout every show (I did come close to quitting a few times despite it being my passion due to personal reasoning. I kept coming though, didn't want to sacrifice my involvement.).

I'm guessing he picked me because he trusts the hell out of me. I've been there since the beginning and I've wanted to manage for a long time now. I know there are going to be caveats relating to the job, but I know how I'll be organizing it. I just need to make sure work doesn't screw me out of the job, so it's time to finally balance everything out.

I'm super confident on Heathers (Duckie, I highly recommend you listen to the Heathers soundtrack. I think the musical and movie have their own pros and cons.), but now it's just a matter of being careful. I already messaged my instructor (he's also my teacher. In fact, if I didn't mention, I got second place in a contest involving him for my state.), so hopefully, I get some notes.

On top of that, my freshman English teacher, my Ethical Issues teacher, and my former choir teacher from middle school (she's now the high school choir teacher and has various music classes, like Music Theory, which I'm taking.) are all apart of it. It's huge! I would say if you like the movie/musical that you should come down to see it, especially because my school does amazing drama for my state in the region. We could meet each other as a result.

Either way, I'm excited.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #2722
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
What made me happy today was spending some "outside time" with Mr D and the kittehs, and while they enjoyed thesunshine and rolled around(the kitties not Mr Duckie), I did a few pics of my new Samurai Turtle Mikey. Reproduced a scene from TMNT III, when he ended up on the horse backwards after the scepter sent them back in time.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #2723
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sounds like you had fun, Duckie.

Something that made me laugh a few days ago: My dad and I always sing the seventh inning stretch during the Chicago Cubs game which is "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" for those who may not know. Well, when we were singing it, instead of singing, "For it's root root root for the Cubbies" my dad sang, "For it's root root root for the White Sox" which is the other Chicago team! It was so hilarious! Not sure if he did it on purpose or not, but it made me laugh!

Took Dad outside today and then had homemade chicken noodle soup which was delicious.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:51 PM   #2724
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Found 3 bucks in the parking lot as I was leaving work today.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 09-17-2017 at 09:57 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:55 PM   #2725
Vegita-San
Emperor

some how my real ghostbuster promo went up 4,000 views in two days and still shooting up and the likes are thankfully far out pacing the dislikes. considering it took about 2 months to do, that's happy worthy.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #2726
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Think I lucked out with the work schedule for Friday... Have to work that afternoon/evening, but (knock on wood that it doesn't change) I'll be out by 7pm and home well before TMNT airs. Will be nice actually getting to watch it ON tv again.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:17 AM   #2727
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Indigo.

Watching the PPG special made me happy yesterday as it felt like I was watching something from the original show and that made me feel good. Really hope they bring Bliss back at some point.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #2728
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks

Happy maker... The local Toys R Us is having issues with taking debit, gift cards, etc. Before having to leave my stuff there and try to go find cash the woman said we can try it (my debit) first as sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.

So happily it decided to work for me. So I was able to get the Sit 'n Spin for my nephew for Christmas. (Remember those? Best toy ever. And they're suggested for age 18+ and he'll be that by Christmas. )

Also... since they didn't have any TMNT I was hoping to see, I went ahead and impulse bought a really cute plush two-headed snake I'd see when I was last there. Thought they were all sold out...then I spotted one hiding under some other plush below where the snakes are hung up.

Spoiler:

I tend to have a thing for plush critters that are bit off the wall.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #2729
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ooh that's cute! Now I want one! My plushie/beanie collection keeps getting bigger. A while back when we stopped at the Gainesville Zoo with my parents I picked up two more plushies- a sea tutrle and a cheetah. I'm a sucker for anything with my fave animals, like spiders, big cats, turtles, or dolphins. I dont have any snakes yet but I'd definitely go for that one!

Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #2730
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome snake plushie!

Getting some reviews for my fan fics made me happy today.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #2731
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Finding out a song my group did got regular rotation at NFL games! Like, real life, real deal sh*t. Had no idea it went on for a few months until my homie checked our royalty statements & had a bunch of hits from them. Guessing it was timeout/commercial rotation. I'm told it played at the following games:

Ravens/Giants
Chiefs/Falcons
Dolphins/Chargers
Patriots/Browns
Patriots/49ers
Jets/Dolphins
Chargers/Broncos
Titans/Chiefs

& it's apparently scheduled to be in the upcoming season, too. Cool as hell.
Today I received a really nice royalty statement/check for this. It'll have to go toward bills but it's been an awesome occurrence all the same.

It got played a LOT, at a total of 12 games, aired on CBS, Direct TV Sports, & NFL Sunday respectively.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:57 PM   #2732
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Today I received a really nice royalty statement/check for this. It'll have to go toward bills but it's been an awesome occurrence all the same.

It got played a LOT, at a total of 12 games, aired on CBS, Direct TV Sports, & NFL Sunday respectively.
Damn! Awesome, Powder!

This is probably a little petty/selfish, but I'm a bit excited for Homecoming. I'm one of the five guys for Homecoming King at the school. I'm likely not to be it compared to it, but just the thought a lot of people believe in me is surreal. The other drama rep is also on for Queen too.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #2733
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I was having a pretty bad day today:
*I overslept
*My leg was really sore from when I hurt it a couple of days ago
*I had motivational issues
*My stupid courses are stupid
*There are rumors going around concerning Oregairu Vol 12: major plot points are being abandoned and characters are going to act differently than they normally do
*I finished my first drawing sketchbook and looking back I feel like I haven't really made any sort of progress since I started again
*I had to deal with a lot of annoyances at work
Not a good day at all.

But it got better towards the end:
*I helped out some really nice customers
*During a slow period I was bored and had enough time to draw a little sketch on a receipt and later some coworkers saw it a complemented me on my drawing skills. It made me feel really good.
*There was a lot of food leftover so I was able to take a lot home with me. Gave a lot to the family and they were really happy to get that much free food, so it made me happy I was able to do that for them

I'm glad little things like that happened.
I had a much better day because of them.

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 09-19-2017 at 12:47 AM.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:17 AM   #2734
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Great to hear your day got alot better Destron
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:01 AM   #2735
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Congrats, Powder. That has to be awesome!

Glad your day got better, Destron. Sometimes it's the little things that can make anyone happy.

CNA came yesterday to give Dad a bath and the nurse comes today so that means we have the rest of the week to do as we please.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:34 PM   #2736
Prowler
Emperor

I'm currently starting what I believe to be my 4th day straight without caffeine. Seems to have been going well thus far. Granted I was "only" drinking 2-3 cappuccinos a day(used to be 2-3 espressos until a couple of years ago) but I felt a bit of withdrawal nonetheless. Mostly that typical headache you get around your eyebrows when your body is telling you that it's time for coffee/caffeine again.

While caffeine gave me a rush, it also made me feel tired once the effects began going away. So yeah, I'm better off.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:46 AM   #2737
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Writing more of my fan fic has made me happy because I like where the idea is going. Plus, it's very therapeutic.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #2738
Vegita-San
Emperor

Sometimes the things people post just make me smh and laugh. We never get older, we just age and act worse .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #2739
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Gotta agree with that post.

Getting the latest TMNT DVD with the crossover eps on it made me very happy today.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #2740
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The fact that my work week is now officially over. Was crazy busy today and still we were shorthanded again because- reasons. Wish they would hire more mature adults because they keep hiring high school kids who for obvious reasons cannot work the morning shift where we NEED them. I would also appreciate having a second 5 AM'er again like we used to, so I would not be the ONLY person trying to cover the entire drive through and counter alone with only a manager and one kitchen staffer.