The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #61
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It...wasn't said by the Romans themselves. It was addressed to the Romans by St. Paul.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #62
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
What do you mean, we have no right to know? Yeah people died, but any American citizen or politician involved in making this happen should be hung. We do have a right to know what really happened. The Government isn't our Master. They don't have the right to keep anything like this secret from The People. Problem is, I'm sure some of the folks at the highest levels actually do know what happened, likely beforehand and it will never be seen unless a hacker finds it on a server somewhere. And then they end up dead.

People were killed. Too many people. And there are in fact far too many problems with the structure of the towers, plus two planes and 3 buildings collapsing in a straight down into their own footprints. If you have ever seen any "building demos gone wrong" videos....
For once, I actually agree with you MacZaps

Quote:
Yes and no. The problem is more people screaming to stop labeling scumbags, scumbags. I hope there isn't "bad guys" around, but when I'm out and about, I people watch. Its amazing how many people go about their day with their faces turned down at phones or otherwise oblivious to whats going on around them.

Islam isn't religion. Its an entire political system that includes the cult that passes for religion. It has to do with every single bit of their way of life and their laws. If you've ever read all or parts of their hellspawned book of evil....

Social media has also made communication near instant which most times doesn't help.... if you ever played that game as a kid where you sit in a circle and one person whispers a sentence to the kid next to them and then that person repeats in to the person next to them.... what gets back to the first person is never the same. Yet folks believe all of what they hear on the news, be it left leaning or right sometimes.

I'm also sure at least one person will be pissed off, raging mad at what I've written here... Never fails.

The good that came from 9/11 was a united America... at least for a time. It will happen again, people will die, again and then we will come together almost as before.
...aaaand it's gone. I don't see how near-instantaneous communication is a bad thing, communication is only as effective as people make it. If you're not adept at getting your point across, that's on you, not on the method of communication in question. Like some people can't text at all, trying to decipher their text messages is a huge headache and when you ask them to clarify you get more nonsense. So annoying.

And yes, Islam is a religion, and it actually has quite a lot in common with both Judaism and Christianity. I'm not really a fan of any religions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Here's where the Bible completely loses me.

http://studentdevos.com/wp-content/u...4-1024x512.png

Plus the whole Leviticus thing.
Yeah, the bible is a hot mess as far as internal consistency goes
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #63
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It...wasn't said by the Romans themselves. It was addressed to the Romans by St. Paul.
I know. I was being sassy.
(What's the deal with the Corinthians? Why don't they ever write back?)
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #64
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Say what you will about Trump's travel ban, I think it's a good idea in these times because you never know who will sneak in and try to kill us.
You know that would mean something if his ban included Saudi Arabia, you know a country thats been known to fund terriost groups and where 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were from.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #65
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
For once, I actually agree with you MacZaps

...aaaand it's gone. I don't see how near-instantaneous communication is a bad thing, communication is only as effective as people make it. If you're not adept at getting your point across, that's on you, not on the method of communication in question. Like some people can't text at all, trying to decipher their text messages is a huge headache and when you ask them to clarify you get more nonsense. So annoying.

And yes, Islam is a religion, and it actually has quite a lot in common with both Judaism and Christianity. I'm not really a fan of any religions.

Yeah, the bible is a hot mess as far as internal consistency goes
Well, you're learning.....

Annnnd its gone. You can believe what you want. The problem part of near instant communication is people are saying less. And only talking to people who agree with them on most or as many subjects as possible... friendships are built on a common interest and that interest goes away, so sometimes do those friends. "News" sources today want to be first to report, not first correct at reporting. If they are wrong, which is more often than not, there is never a retraction... unless its someone reporting a conservative pov and getting canned for being honest....

Islam if you go look at it from their point of view is most certainly NOT JUST religion. Islam is their entire way of being. Their political views, their laws, everything they do must be good by allah the goatf#cker & mooohammed the rapist.

Judaism is based on pre-Christianity and basically the Old Testament. They are NOTHING like islam. I don't see anywhere in the Bibles of Christianity or Judaism where it says its acceptable, and proper, to throw homosexuals from rooftops or stone non-believers. Christians & Jews are not supposed to lie, while islamists are told to lie in order to gain non-believers trust in order to gsin power and influence to further islam.

Islam is why 9.11 happened. In bed with some of our owm government...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #66
plastroncafe

Quote:
Islam if you go look at it from their point of view is most certainly NOT JUST religion. Islam is their entire way of being. Their political views, their laws, everything they do must be good by allah the goatf#cker & mooohammed the rapist.
Good lord there's so much to unpack here.
Allah is literally the Arabic word for God.
The God in question is literally the god of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.

And how you've described Islam is literally how Judiasm, and to an extent also how Christiantity works.
It's not just a religion, it's a culture and a philosophy.

Quote:
Judaism is based on pre-Christianity and basically the Old Testament. They are NOTHING like islam. I don't see anywhere in the Bibles of Christianity or Judaism where it says its acceptable, and proper, to throw homosexuals from rooftops or stone non-believers. Christians & Jews are not supposed to lie, while islamists are told to lie in order to gain non-believers trust in order to gsin power and influence to further islam.
Judaism is not based on Pre-Christian anything. Nor does it have a Bible.
That's the word for the holy book of Christianity.
Judaism is literally it's own religion. The Torah has absolutely nothing to do with the unauthorized sequels that followed.

Methinks maybe you should read yourself some Leviticus. Maybe a bit of Deuteronomy.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #67
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Leviticus, man. Go read that.

Condemns bestiality, homosexuality, adultery, and also wearing clothes made of multiple cloth types or whatever. Also shellfish.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #68
Prowler
Emperor

What if the buildings had not collapsed? Surely they'd have closed down or have to be shortened or spend a year or to in maintenance before being used again, no? The damage was pretty big.

Also, was their collapse a surprise to everyone? I mean, I know buildings don't tend to collapse form fire and that planes deliberately flying into buildings had never happened before or again ever since, but surely some people feared they'd might collapse, no? I mean, obviously the attackers wanted to take those buildings down. They can't have been the only people in the world who thought it would be possible for a big airplane loaded with jetfuel to knock down those two towers.

Quote:
Yep, and they knew what they were doing too. I don't think the attacks were an inside job from the U.S. as some people seem to think, but they were definitely an inside job for the terrorists and they were plotting it for a long time. We always need to be more vigilant when it comes to this stuff and not just turn away from it as though it isn't going to happen. Say what you will about Trump's travel ban, I think it's a good idea in these times because you never know who will sneak in and try to kill us.
The guys who did 9/11 were Saudis, I think... and ofc the travel ban doesn't include Saudi Arabia, the largest terrorist factory in the world next to Pakistan. They're friends of USA and the West and have nice oil, right?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #69
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Good lord there's so much to unpack here.
Allah is literally the Arabic word for God.
The God in question is literally the god of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.
Yeah, I was gonna say... pretty common knowledge that the big three are called the "Abrahamic religions". Jesus and Moses are both prophets in the Quran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Leviticus, man. Go read that.

Condemns bestiality, homosexuality, adultery, and also wearing clothes made of multiple cloth types or whatever. Also shellfish.
Also menstruating women will be stoned to death if they don't bring two doves or two turtles to their priest. Or a goat. Or something.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #70
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

So this is another thread that shows MrMAGAczaps as a complete and udder Idiot?
Old 09-13-2017, 02:46 PM   #71
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Also menstruating women will be stoned to death if they don't bring two doves or two turtles to their priest. Or a goat. Or something.
I believe it was simply that they were ritually unclean, and had to remain in isolation during that time. After which, they did the sacrifice.

Which, now that I'm thinking about, seems kind of expensive. Sacrifice two turtle doves (not turtles, turtles were unclean and only clean animals could be sacrificed) a month, from age ~13 to age whatever...
Old 09-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #72
Prowler
Emperor

And now everyone is discussing which religious book says the most evil things and there goes the point of the thread. Tbh, how could I have expected anything different? Never change, Drome.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #73
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And now everyone is discussing which religious book says the most evil things and there goes the point of the thread. Tbh, how could I have expected anything different? Never change, Drome.
To be fair its the one guy who started it.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #74
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
At this point I dunno why people still engage mrmaczaps in discussions. It's obvious he has his mind made and we all know by now what his views are.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #75
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I remember being at my grandma's place visiting with my mom as the news interrupted a tv show grandpa was watching. It was too bizarre and unreal at the time it didn't sink in until a couple of days later.

Quote:
As he usually does.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #76
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I believe it was simply that they were ritually unclean, and had to remain in isolation during that time. After which, they did the sacrifice.
I would LOVE some voluntary isolation during my menses.
That sounds like a plan that would work in everyone's favor really.

And I'm pretty sure in Judaism one must ritualistically clean oneself after one's period has passed. (Depending on which level of observance one participates in.)

I don't believe sacrifices are required. Just...you know, hygiene.
Which, given the time period and general state of hygiene, was pretty revolutionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I wouldn't say these things are evil.
Some of them are just flat out wrong, but probably make more sense in cultural context.

Though, we should all be lucky no one strictly adheres to that bit about the stoning death of rebellious and stubborn children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
So this is another thread that shows MrMAGAczaps as a complete and udder Idiot?
It'd be like a day without sunshine NOT to have one.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #77
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

The travel ban is stupid and short-sighted
There are people in the Middle East who have been helping American Military Intelligence for years that are now unable to get to this country because of the travel ban. People we have promised to protect. Who put they're lives, and the lives of their lives ones in danger.

All this ban does is ruin whatever credibility we have left in the Middle East. No one in their right mind would help us.

But I guess the lives of our men and women in uniform with their boots on the ground don't matter nearly as much as the approval rating of one sitting Administration.
No, it really isn't short-sighted at all. He's trying to protect us from the a**holes who have it out to kill us and that's all that matters. Those people are probably only a minority who really give a f*ck about us and the rest of these people are terrorists who want to kill us.

People have hated us for years even before this. That's nothing new and it will never change, but a lot of these countries are stupid for letting in refugees. That's why a lot of these European countries are getting terrorist attacks because they decided to take a chance on these refugees without really seeing if they were trustworthy. And before you make a generalization and act like I think these countries deserve it (which is what you would do because you enjoy making these types of assumptions), I don't feel that way at all, but I do feel that should have used more discretion about the matter.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #78
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No, it really isn't short-sighted at all. He's trying to protect us from the a**holes who have it out to kill us and that's all that matters. Those people are probably only a minority who really give a f*ck about us and the rest of these people are terrorists who want to kill us.

People have hated us for years even before this. That's nothing new and it will never change, but a lot of these countries are stupid for letting in refugees. That's why a lot of these European countries are getting terrorist attacks because they decided to take a chance on these refugees without really seeing if they were trustworthy. And before you make a generalization and act like I think these countries deserve it (which is what you would do because you enjoy making these types of assumptions), I don't feel that way at all, but I do feel that should have used more discretion about the matter.
If that was the case then why didn't the travel ban include Saudi Arabia.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #79
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

Geez you have truly drunk the Kool-Aid

Classic game strategy

Distract, Deceive, Divide, Conquer
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:38 AM   #80
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
If that was the case then why didn't the travel ban include Saudi Arabia.
I don't know and I agree that was stupid for him not to do that. I thought Saudi Arabia was included. Whatever. Still think it's a good idea whether you guys agree with me or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Geez you have truly drunk the Kool-Aid

http://www.funnyshirts.net/media/cat...rt-preview.png

Classic game strategy

Distract, Deceive, Divide, Conquer
Hey, Kool-Aid is awesome! I'm just saying that in this day and age, you can't trust anyone anymore and don't really know what their intentions are. Back in the day when our ancestors came here, nobody really worried about terrorism, but nowadays you have to worry about it and whether any of these people just want to come here for a good life or if they have other intentions. You just never know anymore.

My aunt is over in Israel right now, and I think it was a bad idea for her to go there because of all the stuff that has happened. So far, she's been okay, but I do worry about it.

When I go out, I do just what Mrmaczaps does and people watch. I'm aware of my surroundings at all times because you have to be vigilant. That's just what this stuff has done. I'm of the opinion that nobody can be trusted.

As for religion, all of the books are a crock so it's best not to take them literally anyway.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mrmagaczaps