The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 09:49 PM   #41
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I didn't assign any particular voice to Toad Baron in my first read-through, but the second for some reason has him with Mark Hamill's Joker/Trickster voice. The Trickster's just a teensy bit more sophisticated, so I'd go with that.

I'll also second the Labyrinth vibes (not familiar with The Dark Crystal), as well as Pan's Labyrinth. Especially when they're following the toad in the hallway. Seriously, the whole thing would feel right at home in a del Toro movie.

Where is this "Family of the Parliament" thing mentioned? I went over the issue again trying to find it, figured maybe I'd missed something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
i heard a well-spoken sophisticated voice for Toad Baron as well.
Mark Hamill would be a great fit actually!

if you enjoyed Labyrinth i highly recommend seeing The Dark Crystal

Spoiler:

"Family of the Parliament" is just what i called them. i think they are just called 'the Parliament', but being that they are family members...
Old 04-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #42
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
"Family of the Parliament" is just what i called them. i think they are just called 'the Parliament', but being that they are family members...
Funny thing about that, all of a sudden everyone is calling them the Pantheon and I just realized while reading #68, during Leo's rant about the bros' priorities, that I can't remember if they were ever told that's what the big bad crew of deities call themselves. We, the readers, know them mostly as the Pantheon, but how did the Turtles ever come to call them that? Who told them and when? I honestly can't recall. Not saying it didn't happen, just can't remember when.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #43
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Good issue. Nice to see the Pantheon get more developed. As others have said, the art is really good, a great fit for the story, with an Alice-in-Wonderland feel. Kind of relieved the back-up story's finished, it kind of felt like it dragged on a bit too long and wasn't all that entertaining, the next one ought to be better.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:17 PM   #44
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Funny thing about that, all of a sudden everyone is calling them the Pantheon and I just realized while reading #68, during Leo's rant about the bros' priorities, that I can't remember if they were ever told that's what the big bad crew of deities call themselves. We, the readers, know them mostly as the Pantheon, but how did the Turtles ever come to call them that? Who told them and when? I honestly can't recall. Not saying it didn't happen, just can't remember when.
cripes!!! they are called the pantheon!!!

oh well? i guess there's something to be said for us with dain bramage!!!

if i had to guess where the name pantheon came from, it was probably within the Casey & April mini series?
i'll dig it out and check.

OK! found it!!!
we actually find out the family of immortals are named the Pantheon in Tmnt #46.
it was Professor Miller that called them that as he read April the ancient scroll.

Last edited by myconius; 04-26-2017 at 10:25 PM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #45
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #9 at TMNT Entity.

Harold's absence from "Team Nobody" was a little felt in the dynamic, I think. He provides that little bit of abrasion, otherwise you're left with two good buddies who like to make small talk. Still, even without Harold, the issue had a whole lot of fun to it. That Tunica guy can freakin' DRAW holy cow.

I'm still looking over the panels for details that I missed.

And the Toad Baron is a refreshing change of pace from the other members of the Pantheon; his fun-loving personality comes across as a bit more diverse from the angry villains or plotting schemers or philosophers.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #46
Ninjinister
無問題

Might be because he's the toad sage but I heard an echo-y David Lodge for Toad Baron.

But yeah, I agree with ya, doc. Harold is one of the best human characters in TMNT history, I think, and to have him out of the book, even for a bit, creates a void.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #47
myconius
Abby Normal

^ HEAR, HEAR!

i find the lack of Harold Obtruse!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:33 AM   #48
myconius
Abby Normal

my thoughts on the Back-up tale were that Jennika was spying on the Turtles because she missed them.

in the very last panel Leonardo was seen lurking in the shadows of the Foot headquarters spying on Splinter and Jennika.

i wonder what exactly did that mean?

did he realize he was being spied on and wanted to investigate why?

or was he there because of a secret longing to spend time with his Father?
Old 05-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #49
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Finally read it. Total Spirited Away vibe.

How did they come up with this Toad Barron thing? All I can think is Wind in the Willows... right down to the rowboat ride.

I really enjoyed this issue and the relationship between our two leads. The art was awesome, even if their appearances were dramatically different than in the main series. Really loved Alopex's expressions, especially her stretching on the second page and snuggling up to Angel during the drugged dance sequence! Ha!

Reading this though, I thought about the fact that I don't really know their personality traits very well. Alopex started out sneaky and vicious, now is usually just kind of there in the main but in this she was more carefree. Angel is... grumpy and tough? Like a female human Raph?

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote