The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 01:10 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 05 & 6: When Worlds Collide

Quote:
When Mona Lisa suddenly arrives on Earth, Raphael must get her and Bishop to work together to defeat an alien threat and save the Earth.
The Episode is up on ITunes.

Saw this pic on Twitter, so you can tell that When Worlds Collide was meant to air before the Monster Arc.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Vicky82; 06-18-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:09 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
The Episode is up on ITunes.
Airing before the monster arc also makes sense in the context of the theme song which shows Newtralizer after Zombie Shredder, Tiger Claw and Kavaxas.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but can't wait. We're also getting a new tmnt short tomorrow
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:22 AM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Holy ****!!!!!

Mikey was awesome!!!!!!

So it looks like Mona Lisa is staying on Earth, sorry Mona Lisa haters.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:28 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Holy ****!!!!!

Mikey was awesome!!!!!!

So it looks like Mona Lisa is staying on Earth, sorry Mona Lisa haters.
Got any juicier spoilers? Like why Newtralizer wants to kill the Utroms?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:36 AM   #5
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Got any juicier spoilers? Like why Newtralizer wants to kill the Utroms?
I have to watch it again, But I think it was just a plan by Lord Dregg to follow Sal Commander and Mona Lisa (because they were going to earth to capture Newtralizer) to earth, so he can get his vengeance on the Turtles and invade earth.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:38 AM   #6
Mukouno
Foot Soldier

Those were some really cool episodes! I liked it, was good to see so many old characters returning.
Only thing that irked me were Mikey's sudden electric powers, I was just sitting there like "What the hell?! "
But oh well, at least they're gone again, so I guess it was kind of cool, he definetely had some awesome fighting scenes.
And yay! Mona gets to stay on Earth, I have to admit that while I don't particularly ship any of the characters (I usually don't care about that all that much), if I had to choose, Raph and Mona are my favorite couple out of the bunch, they're really cute.

And while we're on the the subject of couples, I was kind of confused by the first minutes. The others are acting like sickening sweethearts, Raph gets annoyed and even complains to Chompy how he "doesn't need love". I have the feeling I'm missing something here. Did... the other pairs become official or something? A little later when Raph and Mona reunite there's also this little weird scene with Karai and Leo, where Karai doesn't quite get what Raph likes about Mona and how Leo responds to that.
Maybe I'm also reading too much into it? I don't know....

Last edited by Mukouno; 06-18-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Mukouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #7
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukouno View Post
I have the feeling I'm missing something here. Did... the other pairs become official or something?
We have missed 5 episodes (the whole Monster Arc plus that travel to the past with Renet) because of Nickelodeon and its decision to not follow the real order.

But I don't think any ship has been canon during that time. Writers like to keep that "Will they?Won't they?" thing to tease the viewers until the very end

But if they did make canon a ship and we don't know it for the change of the order, I am gonna be so mad for it
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:07 AM   #8
Mukouno
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
We have missed 5 episodes (the whole Monster Arc plus that travel to the past with Renet) because of Nickelodeon and its decision to not follow the real order.

But I don't think any ship has been canon during that time. Writers like to keep that "Will they?Won't they?" thing to tease the viewers until the very end

But if they did make canon a ship and we don't know it for the change of the order, I am gonna be so mad for it
AH! Thanks a lot, I honestly did not know that they skipped a few episodes. Or rather switched them around.

Yeah, I kind of hope nothing except for Raph/Mona is canon as well. At least for the time being. It's just that the beginning gave of those... vibes.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:49 AM   #9
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukouno View Post
AH! Thanks a lot, I honestly did not know that they skipped a few episodes. Or rather switched them around.

Yeah, I kind of hope nothing except for Raph/Mona is canon as well. At least for the time being. It's just that the beginning gave of those... vibes.
You can also see it when Mikey is thanking Renet for the new Tech (I really hate when channels do that. But it could have been worse)

I think now if writers want to make more ships canon, it will be resolved in the last Arc of the show (when they will see their futures).
In this episode they only added those cute moments between April-Donnie/Leo-Karai/Mikey-Renet just to make emphasis to Raph's sadness and jealousy because he didn't have his crush around there (but not anymore )
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Its almost time.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #11
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here we go!
Old 06-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #12
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

I like that we're seeing Salamandrians and Utroms again, but the relationship stuff with Mona is annoying.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:13 AM   #13
ToTheNines
[sic]

Haha, Space Heroes was great. Jhanna is from Mirage volume 1 #13.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:13 AM   #14
Mukouno
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You can also see it when Mikey is thanking Renet for the new Tech (I really hate when channels do that. But it could have been worse)
I wondered about the Renet scene, but I forgot about it halfway through the episode, my bad. But yes, if they skipped the time travel arc for now it makes sense.

Quote:
In this episode they only added those cute moments between April-Donnie/Leo-Karai/Mikey-Renet just to make emphasis to Raph's sadness and jealousy because he didn't have his crush around there (but not anymore )
I hadn't thought about it that way, sounds fair enough. I guess I was too busy scratching my head in confusion over possible pairing stuff.
Okay, I have my fingers crossed we didn't miss anything important.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:29 AM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Ut oh! Here's lord Dregg.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:31 AM   #16
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm glad they finally gave Newtralizer a real name, but it's basically "Kavaxas" lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Cool! preview of Usagi!
Old 06-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #18
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, that was a very disappointing amount of screentime from the Utrom Council. And April didn't even address the Irma look-alike, which is probably the worst part. My girl Queen barely even had two lines.

And yeah, there's a ton of half-@$$ing so far.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #19
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought it was a great episode, lots of action, and most important of all, more Mona Lisa, plus she gets to stay on Earth, and she will make a great addition to the Mighty Mutanimals.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:18 AM   #20
xenopokemon
Foot Soldier

As far as 1-hour specials go for TMNT, this Aliens VS Predator (with a hint of Cloverfield): TMNT Edition could have been so much greater. I put this better than S1's finale but not as good as S2 or S3's (but this isn't a finale so of course it isn't going to live up to that). You think that since they had an hour they'd explain better as to why Newtralizer was so violent instead of just one line by Bishop "lol you got brainwashed by the Kraang, man". Could have given Newt a good resolution but no, just explode in electricity. Could have had Newt actually kill Sal Commander and make death actually mean something again, but nope. How many times has this show given us a character with a badass design and amazing skills and then fail to actually flesh them out? I'm starting to think I'm too old for this show, because on top of all of that, Mikey coming back with electrical powers irritated me so much. It doesn't make an ounce of sense. At least Dregg was back, with more half-tailing explanations. Armaggon, nowhere to be found. Just great *sarcasm*. Truthfully, the only thing I liked about this episode was Newtralizer beating up/killing everyone. Good homages to Aliens and Predator, however, they fail to make up for the shoddy explanations and too light-hearted of an hour-long episode. 7/10.

"Destruction Of The Kraang!"
xenopokemon is offline   Reply With Quote