The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

TMNT board game

Cool!
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/i...re-board-game/
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Wow! Amazing news!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #3
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

This sounds so great: IDW team and Kevin Wilson from FFG behind this? Win.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Great! Warning: Friends not included.

I have been working on my own version that involves the nick tmnt to help under used characters become useful again (aw charity). The title of mine would be Mazes and Mutants and be more like the art work seen in that episode. And by artwork, I mean the box that Leo holds up, but will look different than that, like maybe a Dragon version of Leatherhead (different than in the episode as well). To not make a role playing game version of what was on that episode would just make it a waste, especially since playmates made those versions of the turtles.

Spoiler:

"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 07-12-2015 at 09:05 PM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Me, my gf, her brother and another friend are right now playing a long Pathfinder adventure, so this news came just in time for super sayan level hype!!!!

With more fellows to play and enjoy the game with, this is going to be truly epic ^o^
Old 07-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

I'm super excited for this! Plus the new Ghostbusters board game coming out in a few months!

It's been ages since I've done any table-top gaming really, can't wait to start up again.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Freeman
Hench Mutant

No news about this? Have been looking around, but haven't found figure pic or anything like that...
Old 10-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #8
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
No news about this? Have been looking around, but haven't found figure pic or anything like that...
No pics, other than the art for the box, have yet been released, but the information regarding the game is being discussed on the IDW Limited thread.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:19 PM   #9
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
No pics, other than the art for the box, have yet been released, but the information regarding the game is being discussed on the IDW Limited thread.
Oculus to the rescue!
Thanks bro!
Old 10-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #10
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Yea, I am insanely pumped for this. Kevin Wilson, the lead designer of the game, posts spoiler tweets occasionally and has given a lot of cool insight into the mechanics of the game. Just to compile some of the info scattered about the internet:

Quote:
-Focus also lets you use some of your moves, and it represents how smart the hero is, letting them hack computers, open security doors, etc. As for what focus is in-game, you can spend 1 focus to re-roll one, some, or all dice from just about any roll you make. Very handy stuff. (Like Warmachine?)

-Mikey regains focus in a burst, though he needs to be away from bad guys too. When he does so, he can swap out a special move for a new one.

-As for Raph, he regains focus by beating up bad guys, regaining 1 per bad guy he KO's, but he can't spend focus while his move is active.

-Donnie's special ability is "Smart". At the end of each round, he either regains a focus or gives 1 of his to another hero. Donnie is the only turtle with built-in focus recovery like that. The other turtles need to take a certain special move of theirs to do so. As for Donnie, he has a move that's a bit specialized for now: DUZ_MACHINES_84, which is his online handle in the IDW comic book, of course.

-Leo's is "Leader", Donnie's is "Smart", Mikey's is "Nimble", and Raph's is "Loner".

-Each turtle is the best at one stat: Raph is best at Attack. For Donnie, it's Defend. For Mikey, it's Move, and Skill for Leo.

-Leonardo Leads, Party Dude!, and Cool but (C)rude (jury's still out on that) all let the appropriate turtle regain focus in a unique way.

-Leo regains focus slowly, and needs to be away from bad guys for a sec to do so, but he can swap the seats of two heroes when he does.

-There will be interchangeable maps including the rooftops, streets, sewers. They an be mixed and matched.

-There will be 8 terrain types right now. Each is explained on "terrain cards", and the scenario tells you which ones you'll need. Or, in one notable example of terrain interaction, I can let a turtle grind down a rail and kick everyone they pass by. An extra benefit of terrain cards is that I can easily allow unique interactions with terrain, such as climbing or throwing.
As an example, two of the terrain types are hindering (costs +1 move to enter) and unstable (can't end movement in).

-There are 2 kinds of dice in TMNT: Battle dice and action dice. Each have 6 sides. Battle dice sides are: 1 hit (x3), 2 hits, block (x2).

-One of Mikey's moves is "Party Dude!". It allows him to swap out one of his moves for one he didn't choose for this battle. He's a wild guy.

-One of Leo's special moves is "Leonardo Leads", and it involves 2 players switching seats. And yes, that matters.

-One of Donnie's moves, for instance, is "Whirling Defense". While active, he deals 1 wound to his attacker each time he blocks an attack.

-Each hero in TMNT has a pool of at least 5 special moves they can choose from for each battle. The higher their skill, the more moves.

-In TMNT, raising your defense, being near allies, and not being by enemies helps a KO'ed hero get back up in better shape this accomplishes a few things. First, it guides players into creating a successful recovery situation. Also, it creates drama. If Donnie falls down, the other turtles better get over to him and fight off the bad guys long enough to give him an opening to get back up. Having the same hero stay KO'ed twice in a row is a pretty common loss condition for the turtles, so no one can stay down and out too long.
During NYCC, I asked Bobby Curnow about the art. He said it's going to be done by an outside artist that's going to mimic the styles and designs of Santolouco. No art has been released yet.

That's about everything I've heard so far from the design point.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #11
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
Yea, I am insanely pumped for this. Kevin Wilson, the lead designer of the game, posts spoiler tweets occasionally and has given a lot of cool insight into the mechanics of the game. Just to compile some of the info scattered about the internet:

During NYCC, I asked Bobby Curnow about the art. He said it's going to be done by an outside artist that's going to mimic the styles and designs of Santolouco. No art has been released yet.

That's about everything I've heard so far from the design point.
Thanks for all this info!!
I need to see the actual figures
Old 10-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #12
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Thanks for all this info!!
I need to see the actual figures
I'm hoping they look like Santolouco turtles, but with a special edition that offers another set of Eastman turtles.
I will pay all the money for special stuff.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #13
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

wrong post
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #14
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

First pics from Twitter!
Here's a sneak peek of, what appears to be, alpha images getting approval from the big man himself.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #15
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

I hope the loyalsubjects are helping out some how.it would be awesome if there figures were the game pieces
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #16
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

IDW Games will officially launch a Kickstarter for the TMNT Board game tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/IDWGames/status/694687524292206592

They shot a periscope video making the announcement today.
https://www.periscope.tv/w/aYFHkTFxT...r5CM33lEE8QhiU
Old 02-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #17
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I was just fishing around for this thread.

Nate already announced some tiers will be $90, $150, and *yikes* $750 with original art.

I'm looking forward to downing some money on this, but not that much. I can't wait to see the guts tomorrow!!!!!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:44 PM   #18
TurtlePower85
Random Punk

I have extreamly high hopes for this game, and love that this is just another element to the TMNT resurgence.
TurtlePower85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:24 AM   #19
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Can't wait until this opens. I will find a way to help out.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #20
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

We're live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-of-the-past-b
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board game, tmnt board game