The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Maelxich
Thug

TMNT Konami Collection possible

Konami has recently did the Castlevania collection, Contra Collection, and arcade collections, Arcade 1up is doing the arcade machine meaning they can do ports, why not have a collection of the old Konami games? It could have the nes game, Arcade, Nes arcade since it has some new enemies, Manhattan Protect, Turtles in time, Hyper stone Heist, Snes turtles in time and Snes tournament fighters. If it is like the other collections it could have some neat concept art and behind the scenes interviews. I really like the old games and would really like them to come to modern hardware
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

I would absolutely be down with this too. The only obstacle I can think of though, given your examples above, is that the current collections have featured pure Konami properties.

TMNT is an IP licensed by Konami. So putting together a re-release collection of the TMNT games may not be as legally or financially feasible as putting together a Contra or Castlevania collection.

But I would love this. I downloaded the PS3 remaster of Turtles In Time as soon as it was released. I'd buy a collection of TMNT games even though I don't do much gaming anymore.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
Maelxich
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I would absolutely be down with this too. The only obstacle I can think of though, given your examples above, is that the current collections have featured pure Konami properties.

TMNT is an IP licensed by Konami. So putting together a re-release collection of the TMNT games may not be as legally or financially feasible as putting together a Contra or Castlevania collection.

But I would love this. I downloaded the PS3 remaster of Turtles In Time as soon as it was released. I'd buy a collection of TMNT games even though I don't do much gaming anymore.
Well I am pretty sure Konami still has the rights to the TMNT games they made, Ubisoft had to ask konami permission to do the remake of turtles in time, and I believe arcade 1up said they had to get konami to agree for their new arcade cabinet. So as long as Viacom and Konami can agree I think this is best time for people to show interest in a collection.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

A TMNT Konami games collection with:

TMNT (Arcade)
TMNT (NES)
TMNT III: Manhatten Project (NES)
Turtles in Time (SNES)
Tournament Fighters (SNES)
The two GBA games

Sure. I'd not mind it. And might as well add a few other titles, plus the Arcade version of Turtle of Time and I guess the Game Boy titles. Maybe even the console versions of the 2k3 games. If it wasn't too expensive it'd be a decent collection to own. Although there's only really 2 TMNT games that I'd call above average games: the first Arcade game and the SNES version of Turtles in Time.And even those are inferior to the best Streets of Rage and Final Fight games, imo.

And like IMJ already said, it would be harder to legally get the ball going. And would it even be worth the investment? None of the TMNT games sold 1M+ copies except for the first ever NES game, which sold very highly due to coming out in 1989 right around the time of the peak of Turtlemania... and the game wasn't that good and was also pretty damn frustrating. So I'm sure that game traumatised a lot of people of playing more Ninja Turtles games. It's BY FAR the most famous TMNT game of all time and 90% of people who grew up with it couldn't beat it or even get past the dam level or the third level. So I don't think that many people will want to revive such experience and people aren't gonna buy a collection of Turtles games just to have the ability to boot up Turtles in Time whenever they want to.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

I would just be happy with a port that simply gave us every time the Turtles appeared in an arcade cabinet; with a toggle option to choose between updated CGi graphics or original, HD-ready pixel-sprites.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Yeah, we have a better chance of getting something out of WB Games, Konami would have to pay for both the rights for the IP and for the music used on the games, and they only care for Pachinko and mobile crap because of their low investment and huge returns.

So yeah, forget about Konami, unless someone else is willing to fork up the cash those games are as good as gone.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:25 PM   #7
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I would love a remake of Turtles 3: Radical rescue. I know, I'm mad.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:43 AM   #8
Maelxich
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Yeah, we have a better chance of getting something out of WB Games, Konami would have to pay for both the rights for the IP and for the music used on the games, and they only care for Pachinko and mobile crap because of their low investment and huge returns.

So yeah, forget about Konami, unless someone else is willing to fork up the cash those games are as good as gone.
But the arcade 1up collection uses the Konami logo meaning Konami already reaches an agreement with Viacom and arcade 1up to release it, so what I am saying is that they already on board to rerelease their old tmnt games.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelxich View Post
But the arcade 1up collection uses the Konami logo meaning Konami already reaches an agreement with Viacom and arcade 1up to release it, so what I am saying is that they already on board to rerelease their old tmnt games.
That's isn't necessarily true. That deal was negotiated for the cabinet distribution. We don't know the extent of the terms. It could be another negotiation entirely for mass distributed collections that would arguable be more lucrative and reach more standard buyers.

The cabinet deal might've actually been easier to do as a special project for the novelty buyer.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #10
Maelxich
Thug

Quote:
That's isn't necessarily true. That deal was negotiated for the cabinet distribution. We don't know the extent of the terms. It could be another negotiation entirely for mass distributed collections that would arguable be more lucrative and reach more standard buyers.

The cabinet deal might've actually been easier to do as a special project for the novelty buyer.
Oh yeah no, I Guess it is confusing but what I mean is arcade 1up had to talk with Viacom and Konami to get the cabinet made. If Konami sees demand for their tmnt games they might Get interested in negotiating with Viacom to make a tmnt collection. But you very well could be right as well they could just be doing it because it’s a quick buck for them.

My whole point is they already agreed to license their arcade games to arcade 1up and they are doing a lot of their classic game collections so I am just hoping tmnt gets a collection
Old 09-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #11
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
See, that's the thing, the guys at Arcade 1up where the ones to fork up the cash, they payed Viacom for the license and Konami for the games. What you're asking for is for Konami to pay Viacom for the license so they can release a Collection of older games that, and lets be honest here, would give them no cash back.

Like I said, unless someone pays Konami there's no way thay'll be interested on doing it themselves.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:13 PM   #12
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
If Konami sees demand for their tmnt games they might Get interested in negotiating with Viacom to make a tmnt collection.
You should start one of those online petitions.

I'd sign it. Everyone here probably would too...

Post it on a few video game websites too and once it has a realistic amount of sigs, notify Konami through Twitter!
Old 09-24-2019, 03:51 AM   #13
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I would love a remake of Turtles 3: Radical rescue. I know, I'm mad.
i really wish this is what wayforward's tmnt game was

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #14
IMJ
Emperor

Am I alone in liking the PS3 TMNT (2007 movie) game?

Maybe it came at the right time for me, but I thought the graphics and animation were great, and I really liked the somewhat basic, platformer meets "Final Fight" nature of the game.

I haven't played it since I initially bought and beat it, so maybe I have a rosy colored hindsight, but I thought it was fun. Not a masterpiece, but just a good, fun game.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #15
shihe
Hench Mutant

Glad this topic came up, because I’m desperate for this collection to happen.
These would be my ideal collection if I had to limit it to 8 games which is the average for these collections.

But if there was a tmnt anniversary collection 2, I would include:
Tmnt 1 (gba)
Tmnt 2 (gba)
Tmnt 3 (DS)
Tmnt 1 (3D)
Tmnt 2 (3D)
Tmnt 3 (3D)
Mutant Melee
Fall of the foot clan
Back to the sewers
Old 09-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題

There's a handheld console coming out early next year called the Evercade which plays exclusively compilation cartridges. TMNT has been by and far away one of the most heavily requested carts for the system, but obviously some legal finagling would have to happen to get it to work.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #17
Maelxich
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
There's a handheld console coming out early next year called the Evercade which plays exclusively compilation cartridges. TMNT has been by and far away one of the most heavily requested carts for the system, but obviously some legal finagling would have to happen to get it to work.
Not a fan of portable consoles but it could be cool, I rather have it on ps4 or xbox one
Old 09-29-2019, 06:03 PM   #18
sdp
-

I can see it happening nowadays that collections of licensed games are becoming a thing and TMNT were synonymous with gaming for a long time. A collection would no doubt include the two arcade games, the 3 NES games, The SNES TiT game, Genesis game and if lucky the 3 different versions of hyperstone heist and the Game Boy games.

Sadly I don't think any of the 2k3 era games would make it, not even the easier to port gba games,, a shame since 2007 GBA TMNT game was so awesome.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I haven't played it since I initially bought and beat it, so maybe I have a rosy colored hindsight, but I thought it was fun. Not a masterpiece, but just a good, fun game.
The PC version of that game was crippled by poor controls on keyboard.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #20
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Konami doesn't have the rights. The only reason why we got Castlevania and Contra collections is because they still own the rights to those games. You could have Konami themselves come out with a giant posterboard that says WE DON'T OWN THE VIDEO GAME RIGHTS TO TMNT and people would still start petitions and this that and the other wanting them to do it.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote