The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
ToTheNines
[sic]

Episode discussion: "Fathers & Sons"

Hmmm, probably won't even watch it. Once was enough.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
gobo
Wacky Action

Mikey & the Turtlemunks should have their own movie!

... Oh! <==(that means I'm not REALLY crazy)

Forgive me, Ninesey. I couldn't help myself.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Maybe this time round the demon will eat the Mup er TMNT babies.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I'd rather drink my own pee after eating Chinese food then watch this episode again.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I'd rather drink my own pee after eating Chinese food then watch this episode again.
Does Chinese food affect your pee?
Old 04-12-2008, 03:46 AM   #6
Scandia
Mad Scientist

Well I love that episode. I agree that the Infant Turtles character designs could have been better. But otherwise the plot is good. I enjoy watching it every time. I could say it is my second favorite episode of this season.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:52 AM   #7
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Well I love that episode. I agree that the Infant Turtles character designs could have been better. But otherwise the plot is good. I enjoy watching it every time. I could say it is my second favorite episode of this season.
You don't count you're a girl and girls like cutsie baby characters
Old 04-12-2008, 05:01 AM   #8
Scandia
Mad Scientist

I would never assume that just because a person is female that she will automatically like cute or very young characters.

One of my female colleagues hates kids and had a hard time finding a full time job in the system because most of the openings were youth services positions.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #9
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
I would never assume that just because a person is female that she will automatically like cute or very young characters.

One of my female colleagues hates kids and had a hard time finding a full time job in the system because most of the openings were youth services positions.
I'm kidding Scandia, I know not all people are the same.
I hate spoiled brat kids wait no sorry I don't I hate their parents for being cowards and not teaching their children and discipline.
You know the ones like when your at the post office or whatever and the parents are trying to do something and all 3 of their obnoxious children are screaming and pulling on her and grabbing at everything around her, oh and you can't forget when she tries to swipe her card and has to sign for it and at once all 3 of her darling little monsters try to push every button. Anycow Weeeeeeee go Baby TMNT!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:

That's one out of how many? Statistically, females are more inclined than guys to getting all mushy over tykes. Fact of life, miss...

Last edited by gobo; 04-12-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: din't misspell nuttin'... WUT?? O_o
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

Decided to watch it again and record Spider-man. Still pretty stupid but the fight with Splinter and acient one v. demon was really cool.

I actually forgot that Splinter reveals that he knows that Shredder is an utrom, I don't remember him acting like he knew... stupid plot holes, I guess I can just pretend he didn't say that

Also, I know everyone bitches about that turtles design in this one, but it wouldn't have seemed so bad to me if they had acutally acted as young as they looked. They were speaking like 7 year olds and lookin like toddlers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Mikey & the Turtlemunks should have their own movie!

... Oh! <==(that means I'm not REALLY crazy)

Forgive me, Ninesey. I couldn't help myself.
lol, nice.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
maryshine
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I loved it as well!! You really got an idea how great Splinter was as a father. I mean, he had to watch those tots 24/7! It's not not he could call a baby-sitter or anything! And he was soo patient with them!!

THe only complaint I have is I had trouble determining the turtles. Who threw the first rock, and who threw the big one that hit the pedant?
maryshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
Ninjinister
無問題

Brain fart prevents me from remembering who threw the first rock (might have been Leo), but I think Don might have hit the amulet.

There were things I liked about the episode. The dynamic between Splinter and Ancient One, when they spoke of Yoshi... I like the family aspect of the TMNT. Ancient One, despite often used as comedy relief, displayed a very serious and sad reaction at the news of his son's death. Splinter's own parenting was spotlighted rather well, too.

It was also nice to see that the Mystics weren't sitting on their laurels the entire time they were under Ch'rell's control. That would have made zero sense if they had like, randomly decided to rebel against Karai and resurrect Shredder - they were at it for quite a while.

Ancient One and Splinter's fight against the Bone Demon was awesome. I always enjoy seeing Splinter in action, and we get to see a wee bit of what makes Ancient One a ninjutsu master. I would have preferred, however, if the Bone Demon wasn't just some random henchman of the Mystics, but had some sort of history - like the demonized phantom of Yukio Mashimi, or something.

One thing that bugged me, however, was that Splinter said that they had traveled to Japan right after Yoshi's death. Exactly how much time could have occurred between Yoshi's murder and their mutation?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #14
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Does Chinese food affect your pee?
Maybe it's just me but Chinese food makes my pee smell most foul. I started noticing it after I had a lot of Chinese food all around the same time and when I went back to other foods there was no smell.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #15
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshine View Post
THe only complaint I have is I had trouble determining the turtles. Who threw the first rock, and who threw the big one that hit the pedant?
Leo threw the first rock, and then Don threw the big one to hit the amulet.

I like this episode. I like kids, and tend to get a little mushy over cute and cuddly. However, they could have lost the rabbit teeth design on the turtle tots, and it would've been a lot better; perfect even. They really didn't need that to show how young they were.

They were smaller than what we've seen before, acted younger, and they didn't have their bandanas. That should've been enough.

Last edited by Leonardo Mystic; 04-12-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
prophecy718
Hench Mutant

I liked how they looked drunk at the end
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Maybe it's just me but Chinese food makes my pee smell most foul. I started noticing it after I had a lot of Chinese food all around the same time and when I went back to other foods there was no smell.
Did you eat asparagus? Asparagus does that to your pee, not just Chinese food.

Anyway, it was actually a good change of pace for me. I saw this episode before, and I actually still enjoy the rerun.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
maryshine
Foot Soldier

[QUOTE
One thing that bugged me, however, was that Splinter said that they had traveled to Japan right after Yoshi's death. Exactly how much time could have occurred between Yoshi's murder and their mutation?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself. I always assumed that the turtles were infants when there mutated, but now I'm not sure.
maryshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
Scandia
Mad Scientist

Yup, the Turtles were infants when they were mutated.

Yoshi had passed away a while ago. It is possible that Splinter may have just obtained his ashes somehow. Or that he felt that the Turtles were finally old enough to handle a trip to Japan.

It is possible that the Ancient One was telling this part of the story and that he somehow thought that Yoshi had died very recently- when the truth is that it had been a couple years. Just like Splinter mentioned knowing that Shredder was an Utrom (by the time he tells the story, he did), it is possible that the Ancient One mixed up the details as well.

I did have a hard time distinguishing the Turtles. It took me various times rewatching to tell them apart. The only one that was clearly discernable was Donatello.

And many foods do alter people's secretions and excretions- odor, texture, and color wise.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I did have a hard time distinguishing the Turtles. It took me various times rewatching to tell them apart. The only one that was clearly discernable was Donatello.
I only had trouble with Leo and Don. Raph is the dark colored one and Mike is the bluish green one.