The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #101
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is what David Negahban, who is playing the Sultan, had to say about the recent reports of darkening the skin color of white actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Negahban
“It’s not whitewashing,” he said. “The thing is that the garden should be filled with flowers of different kinds. If not, the garden is going to be very boring. So you’re gonna go and see this beautiful garden with colourful flowers, and I just hope that you enjoy the journey.”

He added: “Just go enjoy the journey because you will definitely love the film. It doesn’t matter how old you are, the film has something for you to take away from it.”
https://etcanada.com/news/286681/ala...s-skin-colour/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:54 AM   #102
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
The horror.

The sheer horror of the fact that some of the actors who will appear in the background for maybe maximum 10-15 minutes in the movie with non-white lead, are not-minorities is so horrible and regressive, that we must immediately start a strike against Disney!
Write petitions and angry Tumblrs about them! This is the way of progress - making big steaming pile of **** out of literally non-issue.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #103
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Well that's tacky as heck.
I'd say I'd expected better of Disney, but...it's not as though they have a history of better.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #104
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
The horror.

The sheer horror of the fact that some of the actors who will appear in the background for maybe maximum 10-15 minutes in the movie with non-white lead, are not-minorities is so horrible and regressive, that we must immediately start a strike against Disney!
Write petitions and angry Tumblrs about them! This is the way of progress - making big steaming pile of **** out of literally non-issue.
Well, it depends on how much "browning up" were talking about. Are they making the White actors look more tan which would be natural for light skinned people that's been in the sun for too long, or is it Brown/Black Face.

Huge difference, and people are iffy about that. Plus why not save the paint and just hire tan or dark skinned people to begin with.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #105
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Filming has been completed.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ped-production
Old 01-25-2018, 12:01 PM   #106
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Huge difference, and people are iffy about that. Plus why not save the paint and just hire tan or dark skinned people to begin with.
Because, maybe, there are not enough competent people with certain skin color, where are they trying to film a movie?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #107
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

"A Disney spokesman told BBC Newsbeat that cast and crew members were "made up to blend in" only in "a handful of instances when it was a matter of specialty skills, safety and control," such as when stunt artists or animal handlers were required."

Really nothing to get upset over...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #108
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Earlier this month I met Linda Larkin, who has been the voice of Jasmine for 25 years, and she said that she totally approves of Naomi Scott playing Jasmine. She can't wait to see her performance. Also, I found this photo on IMDB.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6139732...r/rm2424326912
Old 04-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #109
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here are the details of what people at Cinema Con got to see for the film.

Quote:
For Aladdin, which bows May 24, 2019, the featurette featured stars Will Smith, Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott in a fresh and vibrant take on the 1992 original. “Aladdin is one of those perfect stories. It just burrows down inside of you. You don’t know when you saw it. You don’t know how you know every word to the songs. You just do,” Smith said in the video. New distribution head Cathleen Taff describes Smith’s take on Genie as “a little Fresh Prince, a little Hitch, and a whole lot of attitude.” Along with songs from the classics as well as new tunes, the updated version will feature elaborate dance sequences.
http://deadline.com/2018/04/dumbo-ti...on-1202375647/
Old 04-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #110
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
New distribution head Cathleen Taff describes Smith’s take on Genie as “a little Fresh Prince
I see what you did there

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:20 PM   #111
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I also saw this earlier.

Quote:
Those in attendance also got a sneak peek of Mena Massoud as Aladdin, decked out in white as he dashes through the labyrinth of market streets in sequences that Smith said were “really exciting” and befitting of the cinematic style of director Guy Ritchie. The video also offered a brief look at Naomi Scott’s Princess Jasmine wearing her iconic turquoise costume and flowing pink robes as she sings and dances.
http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/24/disn...obin-williams/
Old 08-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #112
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Justin Paul and Benj Pasek, who have been working with Alan Menken on the film's soundtrack, have given some details on the new songs for the movie and a few of the changes they made the original ones.

Quote:
“We got to write a new song for Jasmine,” Paul tells Variety. “Alan wrote a beautiful piece of music and [Scott] is incredible.”

They also wrote a duet for Aladdin and Jasmine. “It’s a sweet song,” Paul said.

They even got to write a new verse for the original film’s “Arabian Nights.” “Aladdin” is set for release on May 24, 2019.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/a...ve-1202904865/
Old 09-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #113
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Last month, Disney reportedly had the cast come over to England to do some reshoots. The company wasn't satisfied with the first cut and they really want this film to achieve the same level of enormous success of last year's Beauty and the Beast. After response to the very Middle-Eastern extras used, they decided to get more for the crowd scenes. Plus, Will Smith's performance as the Genie is so great that they decided to expand his role.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 09-03-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I forgot another detail
Old 10-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #114
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Will Smith has released the first official poster featuring the Genie's lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Smith
“LEMME OUT! Can’t wait for y’all to see Me BLUE!”

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ybrkr=d0a9a5a1
Old 10-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #115
Vicky82
Emperor

Teaser Trailer will come out tonight.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-aladdin-t...ampaign=CBR-TW

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #116
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the Trailer

Old 10-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #117
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here's the Trailer

that looks terrible
Old 10-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #118
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here's the Trailer

It sounds like they got Frank Welker to do the voice of the Cave of Wonders again, so that would be cool if it turns out to be true. I was hoping that the Cave would've moved its mouth like the animated version, but that still might happen. Mena Massoud looks great as Aladdin in his brief little moment.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #119
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
It sounds like they got Frank Welker to do the voice of the Cave of Wonders again, so that would be cool if it turns out to be true. I was hoping that the Cave would've moved its mouth like the animated version, but that still might happen. Mena Massoud looks great as Aladdin in his brief little moment.
Also you see Iago in this Teaser. I wonder who is voicing him. and I hope Rajah is in this remake also.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #120
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

sorry Disney all you need is the animated movie. Period

Tags
#notmyaladdin, 3 sjw wishes, a whole new cuck, ain'tneverhadacucklikeme, cuck smith