The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 07-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

TinyPic is Shutting Down in 2019

If anyone knows of any or has any pictures hosted on TinyPic, now is the time to back them up.

The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
Prowler
Emperor

Oh TinyPic and Photobucket are owned by the same people? Interesting. Had no idea, tbh.

Oh well, I've never made an account there. It didn't require an account to host an image there occasionally iirc.

So, this pretty much leaves imgur as the only big game in town? Does anyone still use imageshack?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
So, this pretty much leaves imgur as the only big game in town?
There's imgbb https://imgbb.com
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
If anyone knows of any or has any pictures hosted on TinyPic, now is the time to back them up.

https://i.imgur.com/vjnrwdu.png
TinyPic is owned by the same folks who own PhotoBucket?

Well, drat.

Looks like I'll be moving my pics that were there (TinyPic, that is) to Imgbb.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

TinyPic is officially ramping down. As of today, hosted images are no longer viewable.

Quote:
IMPORTANT DATES:
August 20, 2019 - no new images may be uploaded on TinyPic.

September 9, 2019 - hosted images will no longer be viewable on 3rd party websites. Because we are an anonymous hosting site and therefore cannot provide notice by e-mail to our users, we have opted to replace all hosted images with a temporary message directing them to this notice.

September 16, 2019 - last day for TinyPic account holders to access their accounts and download their images.

We would like to personally thank you for choosing TinyPic as your hosting service. Many of you have been utilizing our services since we launched back in April 2004. As you look for a new hosting service, please consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site, Photobucket.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:02 AM   #6
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

For the love of all things holy, people please stop using photobucket. Those watermarks are evil incarnate! There are TONS of great FREE options out there that won't do that to your photos.

imgur is still really good and free.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
For the love of all things holy, people please stop using photobucket. Those watermarks are evil incarnate! There are TONS of great FREE options out there that won't do that to your photos.

imgur is still really good and free.
I only use imgur these days. And it's nice how you don't even need to create an account to host something there.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:59 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Photobucket has been messaging me for some time now about being over my space limit. I haven't linked to Photobucket in years - not since they started superimposing their BS logo over images linked through forums.

I also use Imgur. And when that goes to crap I'll migrate somewhere else with everyone else.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:18 AM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Photobucket has been messaging me for some time now about being over my space limit. I haven't linked to Photobucket in years - not since they started superimposing their BS logo over images linked through forums.

I also use Imgur. And when that goes to crap I'll migrate somewhere else with everyone else.
I haven't checked my photobucket in YEARS and I've gotten no e-mails from them whatsoever either because I made an account there like over a decade ago already before gmail was the e-mail provider everyone used. So basically, my photobucket account is tied in to some old as hell e-mail of mine that I no longer even remember. I mostly had cool and funny wrestling and AVGN gifs there iirc.