The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #221
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ok, i got another one.

In the Complete Carnage and Radical short from Turtle soup, Raph is bitching about Casey loosing his throwing stars and having to tell Splinter about it. Problem is, you have it placed during the time Splinter was missing.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #222
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Ok, i got another one.

In the Complete Carnage and Radical short from Turtle soup, Raph is bitching about Casey loosing his throwing stars and having to tell Splinter about it. Problem is, you have it placed during the time Splinter was missing.
Good point.

So I bumped it and the surrounding Casey/Raph solo stories to just after the Utrom/Triceraton arc, where everything was more or less status quo for a few issues so nothing to prevent them from paling around.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #223
ToTheNines
[sic]

I know they're not out yet, but I'm bored.

Tales # 66 - Should take place in Mirage "Volume 3", right after Tales 65 (That's convenient)
Tales # 67 - Shadow's a kid, just starting school... so sometime in Mirage "V. 3"
Tales # 68 - Some place in voulme 4?
Tales # 69 - Shadow ain't that old on the cover, so I'd say this would be the first one in the future era
Tales # 70 - Some place in between or after the Return to New York issues.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #224
Billbeaux
Foot Soldier

66 takes place during volume 4 (likely during the six month layover). The synopsis from Mirage's "Books of the Future" page:

"There's No Place Like Home" – On New Year's Eve, Mike and Don stumble upon the Madhattan Maulitia's latest scheme to raise funds for their xenophobic war on the visiting aliens - dognapping! Mike and Don are captured when trying to free the canines and it's up to Raph, Leo and Casey Jones to rescue them from the terrorist hate group!

I'm with you on the other issues, though.
Billbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #225
ToTheNines
[sic]

Alright, makes sense. I just put it there because it was after Tales 57, which also featured the Madhattan Maulitia.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #226
ToTheNines
[sic]

Is Volume 1 #18 "Shell of the Dragon" non-canon? I've never read it, but I noticed it's not on your list.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #227
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Aftering reading Tales of the TMNT (Vol. 2) #66, it doesn't appear to take place in the 6 month gap in TMNT (Vol. 4) #5.

It actually looks to take place only a few days or weeks before TMNT (Vol. 4) #1.

So I stuck it at the end of the "Prelude to Volume 4" era.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #228
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I was thinking, perhaps Tales of the TMNT (Vol. 2) #57, "The Gangs all Here", should take place after "The Proposal" but before "Image Volume 3". I suggest thins because "The Gang's all Here" featured the Turtles deciding it was time to move back into a new sewer lair, and the Image series begins with them living in a sewer lair.

I'll have to doublecheck Shadow's age between "The Proposal" and "The Gangs all Here" to see if they correspond with the Image series or not, but I'm at work at the moment.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #229
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'll check those two for ya soon. But I got a couple of things: "The Purpose of Fear" should be colored red, it was from an anthology book, and not done by a Mirage guy, and I just plain hate it lol.

Also, in "Kung-fu Theatre" one of the turtles remarks that the Foot ninjas they're fighting are skilled. And since you put that in the "sh*tty ninja" era, you might wanna reconsider (unless you think it was a sarcastic remark).
Old 01-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #230
ToTheNines
[sic]

Ok, so I checked out 57. Shadow is young, but not too young. She seems to be the same age (probably a tad younger) than she was in 51, but she was a baby in "The Proposal"... so it depends on how old she was in the Image series (which I have not read).
Old 01-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #231
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, so I took a look at em, myself.

In "The Proposal", she's an infant that can barely say complete words ("Ikey!" and "Pinter!").

In TMNT (Vol. 3) #6, she speaks in broken, short sentences ("Don't wanna go to bed! Wanna play s'more!").

And in "The Gangs All Here" she's capable of making observations and speaking in more complex sentences ("You're ALWAYS in trouble, Unca Raph!" and "It's NOT complicated! I want you to stay!").

So going by that, it appears that the original placement should stand, even if it creates a bit of a continuity glitch in regards to the sewer lair.

As for "The Purpose of Fear", it wasn't colored red because that was just for stories between TMNT (Vol. 1) #21 and #45 that aren't "Heart of Stone" or "Sons of the Silent Age".

I could extend the coloring to all Anthology stories not produced by in-housers, though.

I'll look into it.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #232
ToTheNines
[sic]

That might be good, but that one in particular... Leo acts very childish, and I remember Splinter saying something stupid/out-of-character, I'll have to re-read it.

And I checked Kungfu Theatre: Donnie says "These guys have great technique, and their fighting style is similar to our own..." Not verbatim, but very close.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #233
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, so I made some changes.

I colored red all the Turtle Soup stories entirely fron guest contributors, while keeping white all the stories from in-house creators.

I also added in "Raphael: Snapper" which I had overlooked the first time through. It was written by Peter Laird, so it should be included and is no weirder than a lot of the other shorts (like "New Comic Day", of which the two stories are very similar). I put it before "Leatherhead", since it involves April telling Raph to go to the sewer lair to a get a broom.

I also added a notation paragraph regarding the Turtle Soup series at the bottom of the page with the other notation paragraphs.

As for "Kung Fu Theater", I wouldn't put too much stock in that. They say that sort of stuff about enemy skill levels all the time. Leo called Chucky in "The Gangs all Here" skilled when he was still a total push-over.

If it helps, I could push it back to be closer to "Return to the New York", as the Foot might not have decayed in skill quite so much if it was just after the Shredder's defeat.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #234
ToTheNines
[sic]

Cool. And for "Kungfu Theatre", what ever you think works. Honestly I was just nit-picking because this thing is getting close to perfection (pretty exciting huh?)

I know Tristas helped alot, but have you considered running it by Dan? And through him, maybe even Peter?
Old 01-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #235
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Cool. And for "Kungfu Theatre", what ever you think works. Honestly I was just nit-picking because this thing is getting close to perfection (pretty exciting huh?)
It IS pretty exciting. But also a bit deflating, knowing that there isn't much to do anymore.

I remember when I started this project and the thrill of hunting down all those back-up guest strips and every scrap of Turtles fiction I could get my hands on, then trying to piece the ever-growing tapestry together on bit at a time.

Those were the days.

Quote:
I know Tristas helped alot, but have you considered running it by Dan? And through him, maybe even Peter?
I could show it to Dan, though I'd be a little embarassed. I mean, I don't want to look like I'm patting myself on the back or anything. Some input from him on where I might be off could be informative. Outside of Tristan, I haven't gotten any insider help on this thing.

Laird? Well, from all the examples I've seen of how he interacts with his fanbase, the guy seems really abusive and ill-tempered. I don't think he'd be impressed or helpful. I'm not afraid to start a dialogue with him, I just don't really want to.

And speaking of Tristan, where is the guy, anyway? I haven't seen him since he made that "Bad day" post on his blog on Jan. 2nd.

Hope he's alright.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #236
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, that does kinda suck.

And I understand about the Berger and Laird thing.

Aaaand, according to facebook... Tristan was alive 15 hours ago lol. So I bet he's ok.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #237
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, in regards to "The Purpose of Fear", there really wasn't anything contradictory about it, aside from some slightly more whimsical art than usual.

It was a pretty serious piece about Leo asking Splinter what fear is. The only "silly" dialogue was Splinter's final line, "By jove I think he's got it", though I don't think that's enough to make it completely worth disregarding.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #238
ToTheNines
[sic]

I agree, i just don't like it lol.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #239
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'm here! I've been kinda crazy busy lately. Money's tighter than usual, my internet connection has revolved largely around what I can and can't access with my cell phone and there's been a few somewhat dramatic life changes... but I'm here (and will have a significantly less depressing blog update soon too)!

I know Dan's seen the timeline, and is massively impressed with it, but I'm not sure about Peter. I've actually tried getting in touch with him a few times since the sale, but haven't had any luck getting a response (which is unusual, actually), so whether he's seen the list is something I'm not entirely sure about. I definitely pointed it out to him though...
Old 01-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #240
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Good to hear!

(Both that you didn't commit seppuku and that Dan dug the timeline.)

Tags
comics, timeline, tmnt entity