The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Seems like it might be another slow-burn issue story wise, which I'm fine with. I suspect all the "big plots" are on hold until whenever Tom Waltz starts writing the ongoing again, so I suspect this will be the status quo going forward exploring life about Mutant Town for a good while.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

The credits say that Ronda Pattison, the colorist, did the script for this issue. Interesting.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:16 AM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The credits say that Ronda Pattison, the colorist, did the script for this issue. Interesting.
Not out of the ordinary. She wrote the Jennika mini backup strips.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #24
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

So Donny's the writer in the family now? :p
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #25
LUIS
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
So Donny's the writer in the family now? :p
Yeah, that's suppose to be Mickey's thing. I'd like to see him try to make comics (hell, why not manga too, he knows japanese and he gives me weeboo vibes).
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #26
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I thought Mikey was the artist, not the writer?
Old 07-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #27
LUIS
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
I thought Mikey was the artist, not the writer?
In Image TMNT he wrote a best seller novel and in an issue of Tales of the TMNT Vol.2 he goes to an abandoned apartament complex to try to write a novel showing he is well versed with the classics.
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #28
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUIS View Post
In Image TMNT he wrote a best seller novel and in an issue of Tales of the TMNT Vol.2 he goes to an abandoned apartament complex to try to write a novel showing he is well versed with the classics.
Different continuity.

As for the issue itself, it?s interesting that urban legends amongst the kids have already started to take place. Maybe I?ve been thinking too much about DnD but this has the feel of a starter mission for a tabletop game party: ?Travel into the bowels of the city to stop a monster that has been kidnapping NPCs.? Time to slay the Yuan-Ti and level up so Jennika can unlock her next set of assassin skills.

Also, what is Stockman up to? I honestly have trouble squaring his handling of the Mutant Town scenario with one that plays in his favor at this point unless there?s a larger hidden agenda.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:18 PM   #29
neatoman
Emperor

So, an eel that may or may not actually eat people (please let actually eat people), sounds like a neat monster.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #30
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i almost feel like this should start playing after we see the mouser.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #31
ChosenOne
Banned

Alopex: a trained killer who dreamed of going up against polar bears, currently afraid of three miniature weasels.

Calling it now, Eel Guy is just kidnapping mutants in a bid to keep them safe from Stockman for whatever reason, like an inversion of the first Leatherhead arc's plot twist.

Also, I love that mutant capybara kid! So cute!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Alopex: a trained killer who dreamed of going up against polar bears, currently afraid of three miniature weasels.

Calling it now, Eel Guy is just kidnapping mutants in a bid to keep them safe from Stockman for whatever reason, like an inversion of the first Leatherhead arc's plot twist.

Also, I love that mutant capybara kid! So cute!
The fact the eel abducted isolated mutant children when mousers are present is curious. I read it the way you did and noted that Stockman wanted to use mutants that he believed no one would miss to experiment on to find a cure.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #33
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

glad to see the rabbit and her son are finally taking a part in the story. when ever we've seen alopex's shelter they've been there. heck we saw them in the street in 101.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:03 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

This issue went by very quickly as I was reading it, surprised when I hit the last page already. For some reason seeing a whole bunch of talking animals around kinda makes me forget this is a TMNT comic, I know we've always had mutants but of course now the designs for most of the mutant town mutants is kind of generic (where they look like regular animals, rather than "TMNT mutants" if that makes any sense) so it makes me think of something else.

Considering the hiatus with Covid-19 and everything it does feel like the TMNT series is in a breather/filler-era of sorts. I don't mind the slow burn but I wish they didn't leave so many old plot threads hanging (Ch'rell/Utroms and the Triceratons, along with whatever Null is up to), for so long. At the very least Karai, Baxter and Hob are back in their usual roles.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:37 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

This barely feels like the same Ninja Turtles comic anymore.

I am not a fan.

I am hanging on, because I'm obviously a big enough TMNT fan to be talking about it online with my own profile and $hit, but this series is losing me.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #36
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Same thing as the last few issues, its not that I don't like the story, because I do enjoy reading them, but this still feels like a miniseries that should be called Mutant Town and doesn't feel like its the ongoing. It feels like a side story. Anxiously awaiting the annual.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:49 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

I agree that if this was a set of specials or mini similar to the Jennika mini currently coming out it'd probably fare better. We do need issues exploring mutant town and the characters within, but I'd rather the main ongoing focus on more of the core plots.

At least April is getting pissed off at Baxter.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:32 AM   #38
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I dunno, guys, we just spent over 50+ issues on nonstop plot, action, and high stakes, never having even a brief respite as we moved from one gigantic battle to the next. I think we are well overdue for an extended low stakes breather, and I think these last six issues have done the job well. Though I do totally get what you mean regarding the mutant designs. I think the less complex designs are for the best when there's this many of them. Having super detailed "TMNT" mutants for everything would be hard to do and ultimately distracting, and would probably smother the page.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:04 AM   #39
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

I was hoping it was going to be Null's snake mutant
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:29 AM   #40
MekaGojira3k
New Recruit

I liked it, didn't like the art as much as I do Sophies but it served its purpose. I also felt like the last page came too quickly. This is a deliberately paced arc and after everything that's happening it's hard not to read and go "Yes and?" I want more clarity on the goings-on and I want them a lot faster than they're going to give us answers.
MekaGojira3k is offline   Reply With Quote