The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2020, 06:07 AM   #21
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
It's after the Ninja Notes and Ronin teaser pages, so I guess if you're not fussed about reading anything beyond the story pages, it would be easy to miss.
Ah, I may have missed it then. I know I remember looking at the Ninja Notes. And The Last Ronin teaser may have been the last thing I looked at. I'll have to go back and look later tonight. Thank you!
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:58 PM   #22
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full preview.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:47 AM   #23
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Yeah, the suspense was killing me (almost literally) so badly that I reluctantly bought an hour ago off iBooks. Some spoilers below:

Spoiler:
As terrified as I was to read, knowing prior issues with Leatherhead combined with #100 revealing Krang taking over his body, I was quite pleasantly surprised, and in a good way, for once...in retrospect, the battle over who's in control of the body may have been a given, especially knowing how much LH hates Krang, but I didn't expect the parts where LH was sort of in control to paint him in a more sympathetic light than in the past, down to Alopex pitying him before much even happened. I actually felt for him when he tried to kill himself (somehow reminds me of toward the end of Terra's story in the original Teen Titans cartoon, in retrospect)...still, whatever the Rat King has planned for him still worries me, and the Rat King apparently removing the others' memories of him certainly doesn't help with the possibility of Leatherhead overcoming Krang any time soon...

Still, thank you, Tom, both for pleasantly surprising me and for your patience with me during the past few months while I was anticipating this.

Last edited by 80gmrp; 07-29-2020 at 03:00 AM.
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #24
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
Yeah, the suspense was killing me (almost literally) so badly that I reluctantly bought an hour ago off iBooks. Some spoilers below:

Spoiler:
As terrified as I was to read, knowing prior issues with Leatherhead combined with #100 revealing Krang taking over his body, I was quite pleasantly surprised, and in a good way, for once...in retrospect, the battle over who's in control of the body may have been a given, especially knowing how much LH hates Krang, but I didn't expect the parts where LH was sort of in control to paint him in a more sympathetic light than in the past, down to Alopex pitying him before much even happened. I actually felt for him when he tried to kill himself (somehow reminds me of toward the end of Terra's story in the original Teen Titans cartoon, in retrospect)...still, whatever the Rat King has planned for him still worries me, and the Rat King apparently removing the others' memories of him certainly doesn't help with the possibility of Leatherhead overcoming Krang any time soon...

Still, thank you, Tom, both for pleasantly surprising me and for your patience with me during the past few months while I was anticipating this.
Thank YOU for reading our comic!

Spoiler:

Leatherhead is one of my favorite characters and there was never a chance he'd give in without a fight... especially against Krang. Something tells me we've still got plenty of cool stories to tell while these two are stuck together... and beyond!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:26 PM   #25
phillytmnt
Thug

Hi Tom,

One thing I'm still wondering is in what ways did Kitsune make Shredder more than a mere mortal in order to become the vessel for the Dragon? I believe this was mentioned in the Pantheon Reunion story. Did the centuries slumber in the ooze enchance him physically? Also, did he become immortal( not able to age) from centuries in the ooze, or was this all part of Kitsune lies to Saki? I was just curious on your views with Kitsune's plan for Saki.

Also, what did Rat King mean when he told Saki that he became more than a mortal after the Dragon being defeated? Ratking made it sound like he gained powers? Maybe from the Dragon?

Great issue and I can't wait to see where the Leatherhead/Krang plot goes in the future!
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #26
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I can see the major compliant already written on the wall and something Kevin even addressed over the weekend, the lack of the four leads in their own comic. I however, did not care at all. I admit I wanted to see more interaction with Saki and Rat King, the preview was pretty much it. They are my two favorite villains after all. The Rat King looking for a replacement pawn seems to have settled on Karai. I find it odd that RK has the freezing time around him power. Has it he used it before and to what end and how limited is it? Also, he alludes to new powers that Saki possesses upon his return and defeating The Dragon. What powers could that be?I wonder if Rat King implanted the dream in the former Shredder's mind? Hmm...

Alopex and Nobody have to destory the Turtle Van to keep the technology out of Leatherhead/Krang's hands? What vehicle will replace it? I hope that we can see it soon in the ongoing.

Wonder when Rat King would likely resurface. He is planning something. It will likely be 2021 before he makes even a panel appearance though.

I was getting tired of the breathe of fresh Mutant Town air. This is just what i needed. Looking in at my favorite villains and focusing on plots that I have investment in. If only Baxter/Madame Null's interaction can be furthered in the ongoing. Maybe it is coming. I am patient. Between this and the 90s' superhero dream team I have gotten some great stories with TMNT this year!

Good stuff!
Old 07-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

Loved the annual, particularly every single one of the Rat King's interventions and that one panel where he's preparing to toss the Mouser most of all, but come on, you guys... A crocodilian's tail - even a mutant one - is not prehensile! Always takes me out of the moment.

Saki has everything it takes to become the most interesting character in this comic, which is certainly a bold new direction.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #28
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So the Hamato Clan becomes the Splinter Clan. Saki mentors the four Turtles, but what about the Mutant Town residents?

Spoiler:
Karai becomes Rat King's pawn. She was Kitsun's pawn though without influence luke Alopex. Would Karai fall legitimately to the words of another Pantheon sibling?

At this time Chi-You is trapped between dimensions. Are Rat King and the trapped Chi-You the only actively evil Pantheon siblings now, or does Chi-,You count considering his situation?
Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #29
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So the Hamato Clan becomes the Splinter Clan. Saki mentors the four Turtles, but what about the Mutant Town residents?

Spoiler:
Karai becomes Rat King's pawn. She was Kitsun's pawn though without influence luke Alopex. Would Karai fall legitimately to the words of another Pantheon sibling?

At this time Chi-You is trapped between dimensions. Are Rat King and the trapped Chi-You the only actively evil Pantheon siblings now, or does Chi-,You count considering his situation?
i was so hoping to find out about the mutants that were on one of the covers, oh well. wonder what alopex and angel ate after their mission.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i was so hoping to find out about the mutants that were on one of the covers, oh well. wonder what alopex and angel ate after their mission.
Dunno about Alopex but Angel probably had a hankering for scrambled eggs slathered with Mayochup, for some reason she couldn't quite put her finger on.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:54 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
I couldn't help but imagine Krang was trying to use Skype while trying to contact Burnow???

Interesting that they're going with the "uncooperative body" angle that was absent before.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #32
benea
Mouser

you know, if the most important MAIN characters who are our dudes in green AREN't in this annual like everyone hoped, dont you think this was a bit pointless? the main importance of this annual SHOULD of been the turtles! we would like to know their aftermaths of post splinter death aswell. sheesh. im sorry for raving, but like some others have said it would of been nice.
benea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #33
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Spoiler:
I couldn't help but imagine Krang was trying to use Skype while trying to contact Burnow???

Interesting that they're going with the "uncooperative body" angle that was absent before.
Even more interesting is his line about having had other hosts before.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:15 PM   #34
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post

Spoiler:

Agreed, the Leatherhead development was definitely my favorite part of the issue. All in all he looked pretty much dead in issue 100. Having Krang in your stomach is pretty much up there with ?fate worse than death? for a guy who?s been struggling with self loathing for centuries.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:48 AM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Rat King was good. All talk, no action, but that's how he rolls in IDW, I guess.

Wonder when Saki will put the Shredder armor back on.

Karai should have a mustache to twirl. Really.

And I still positively despise Angel and Alopex.

And Krang/Leatherhead... man, I still don't know what to think about that. $hit's weird, but a little weird is good in a TMNT comic.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:02 AM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I have been curious to your thoughts, CKD.

I am curious, is Krang stuck on Leatherhead or can he fully form and remove himself after some time? Its a development I definitely did not foresee.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #37
neatoman
Emperor

I'm assuming Krang will be removed at some point, though not sure when and how. Why is obvious, Leatherhead is not a very compliant host body.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:26 AM   #38
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm assuming Krang will be removed at some point, though not sure when and how. Why is obvious, Leatherhead is not a very compliant host body.
Bonus points for the callback if Raph grabs Krang between the handles of his sais and just yanks him off.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:47 PM   #39
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I agree, but hopefully we'll see him and Ch'rell together before that happens
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #40
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
I agree, but hopefully we'll see him and Ch'rell together before that happens
After Turtles Forever making the concept Chr'ell is Shredder and Krang molded into a single character I wanted to see how this would play out especially with Chr'ell's alleged alligence to Krang. Krang wanting to reunite with his utrom population on Burnow Island seemed odd to be because I would have thought that he would be self-conscious about being seen in the form of a parasite. Maybe the utroms know how to remove him from Leatherhead?

What will replace the Turtle Van? The Lijas are working on soemthing, but what?