The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #301
Sumac
Stone Warrior
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 826
What?
I've seen exactly such complaints about some other stuff.
__________________
Let's add some poison, shall we?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:35 AM   #302
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,518
It's almost like any argument that can be made on the internet, will be made on the internet.

But just because any argument can be made, that doesn't mean that every argument is a good one.

For instance, I would say a much better argument being:
How is it we can have children exposed to dysfunctional, violent, and abusive heterosexual relationships in cartoons, but a loving homosexual one is deemed as being bad for children.

It's very well-established that Harley Quinn and Joker's relationship is domestically violent, and that had no problem making its way on television years ago.

Where as a loving same-sex couple is deemed subversive and dangerous. People are still upset about Asami and Korra.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:13 PM   #303
Sumac
Stone Warrior
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
For instance, I would say a much better argument being:
How is it we can have children exposed to dysfunctional, violent, and abusive heterosexual relationships in cartoons, but a loving homosexual one is deemed as being bad for children.

It's very well-established that Harley Quinn and Joker's relationship is domestically violent, and that had no problem making its way on television years ago.

Where as a loving same-sex couple is deemed subversive and dangerous. People are still upset about Asami and Korra.
Your arguments are nonsense.
If every het relationship was abusive, you could say that, but since it's not the case your argument doesn't make any sense.

And Joker and Harley relationship is not portrayed as something healthy. Besides, at least in comic books, HQ stopped being Joker's girlfriend long time ago.

In general, your argument looks like very bad attempt at trolling.
__________________
Let's add some poison, shall we?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #304
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,518
We're not discussing the comic book, we're discussing Batman the Animated Series.
But we could also be talking about The Flintstones, which is based off The Honeymooners. Arguably an abusive relationship between heterosexual partners

Legend of Korra had an abusive heterosexual relationship in it as well. Bolin and eska.

Avatar had fire lord ozai and Fire lady Ursa.
Heck, Disney gave us Cinderella.

These are all unhealthy heterosexual relationships in children's media which are not deemed dangerous for children. But a loving relationship between a same-sex couple is dangerous.

That's the issue I'm discussing.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:44 PM   #305
Sumac
Stone Warrior
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
We're not discussing the comic book, we're discussing Batman the Animated Series.
But we could also be talking about The Flintstones, which is based off The Honeymooners. Arguably an abusive relationship between heterosexual partners

Legend of Korra had an abusive heterosexual relationship in it as well. Bolin and eska.

Avatar had fire lord ozai and Fire lady Ursa.
Heck, Disney gave us Cinderella.

These are all unhealthy heterosexual relationships in children's media which are not deemed dangerous for children. But a loving relationship between a same-sex couple is dangerous.

That's the issue I'm discussing.
Because, parents are less afraid that kids will emulate abusive relationships, due to the fact that they do NOT portrayed as something positive.

And they are afraid that kids will emulate Homosexual behaviour, which in their eyes unhealthy and robes their kids of healthy normal life and children.
__________________
Let's add some poison, shall we?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.