The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #81
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Well, we could be looking at an Out of the Shadows-type situation here. The public is not dumb, and Kara (at the very least) is on their side over at the NYPD... So if there's footage and eye witnesses of the Turtles helping to fight back the alien invasion, their outing could result in them being seen as local heroes. The presence of Slash and Splinter, themselves mutants, fighting against the invaders will likely also help promote that outcome.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mankind generally learns about the existence of mutants and aliens in most past TMNT incarnations, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here.

I mean there's now a LOT of mutants in IDW, there's no way all of NYC can go without talking animal sightings. It's inevitable at this point and this is where the human anti-mutant crusade usually starts in the series. And Bishop can rally his support among the people and fuel their hate ala Trump.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #83
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm hoping that will be the case. But will they also be outed as hostiles? Hob and his crew are definitely thought of as terrorists, given that they've fought major corporations (Null and Stockgen), blown up buildings and trains and helicopters, fought the government (Bishop), and fought the police (breaking Hun out of prison).

So IF mutants get outed, I don't think it's necessarily gonna be a GOOD thing.
very true. i have a feeling it was only a matter of time before the public became more aware of the existence of Mutants.

i believe that eventually we might see a divide among the Mutant populous.
there will be followers of Hob who believe all Humans should be feared or kept at distance. and others that would rather live in whatever harmony society will allow, like Michelangelo who is usually very open when ever he comes into contact with a Human that he does not know. (Michelangelo Micro-Series and Tmnt:Universe #6)

i'm wondering what Kara Lewis's stance on Mutants is? given that she's had both positive and negative run ins with Mutants.
it'll be interesting to see if they'd even bring back Maureen Lin, given her encounter with Michelangelo when he was trying to help her find her Brother in-law.

http://myconius.deviantart.com/
myconius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #84
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mankind generally learns about the existence of mutants and aliens in most past TMNT incarnations, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here.

I mean there's now a LOT of mutants in IDW, there's no way all of NYC can go without talking animal sightings. It's inevitable at this point and this is where the human anti-mutant crusade usually starts in the series. And Bishop can rally his support among the people and fuel their hate ala Trump.
If that does come to pass, I can't wait for someone to point out that he uses a giant mutated snapping turtle as his proxy in combat. Unless Slash has been rescued by then, of course.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote