The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
It looks like they messed up the fingers. The xeno should have two thumbs, one on each side of hand, with the two sets of other fingers on each hand close together like the "Live Love and Prosper" Vulcan thing kind of. I don't see the dorsal fin, either.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #82
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Check out this behind the scenes video with Adam Savage on the set of Alien: Covenant, a lot has been done to create the inside of the Dreadnought ship.

They had to rebuilt the entire set since they didn't save the previous set from Prometheus.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #83
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It looks like they messed up the fingers. The xeno should have two thumbs, one on each side of hand, with the two sets of other fingers on each hand close together like the "Live Love and Prosper" Vulcan thing kind of. I don't see the dorsal fin, either.

https://image.invaluable.com/housePh...-L78861190.jpg
Damn, that hand looks so... alien

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #84
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

!!!!

Also, bad news for Alien 5: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/04/27/...not-happening/
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:22 AM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Scott is lying through his teeth. The only reason Covenant became Covenant is because Ridley was pissed Blomkamp's concept art of Alien 5 was getting so much love and nobody was caring about a Prometheus 2. And Scott is a damn liar, there is a whole script, and Cameron has read it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/james-cameron...cri-1784210612
Old 04-29-2017, 01:56 AM   #86
Wildcat
Foot Elite

So what, Ridley Scott liked Alien 3 and doesn't want the continuity ignored?
Old 04-29-2017, 02:12 AM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
So what, Ridley Scott liked Alien 3 and doesn't want the continuity ignored?
Blomkamp wouldn't have ignored that continuity either. Somehow. What he'd said was that Alien 3 and Resurrection would absolutely still be canon (not a dream), yet his Alien 5 would diverge from them somehow after Aliens.

How that is? We may never know. But he's said it wouldn't be something as simple as a dream or just ignoring A3 and A4.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:20 AM   #88
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Time travel or alternate universe is the only way I can see that being possible.

Couldn't they still do another sequel after the prequels? Does Scott own the rights or something?
Old 04-29-2017, 02:27 AM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Time travel or alternate universe is the only way I can see that being possible.
Or more cloooones with Weyland-Yutani buggery (but not too much buggery... otherwise, why would Weyland-Yutani be so desperate to acquire Ripley in the actual Alien 3?). But yeah, between the two of us we've listed the only 3 options this could be.

Quote:
Couldn't they still do another sequel after the prequels? Does Scott own the rights or something?
Absolutely not. He wishes.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:34 AM   #90
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well I assume there will be another sequel eventually. Even if it's not that supposed Alien 5 thing. There's no way it'd end forever after the prequels.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #91
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Blomkamp sucks so I'm fine never seeing an Alien movie from him.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #92
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Review embargo lifted last night and opinions are all over the place.

Some say if you liked Prometheus then you'll love this. Others say the exact opposite in that you will be let down if you liked Prometheus.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #93
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Review embargo lifted last night and opinions are all over the place.

Some say if you liked Prometheus then you'll love this. Others say the exact opposite in that you will be let down if you liked Prometheus.
There were some who wish Prometheus was more like Alien, Sounds like people will like it cause its more like Alien.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #94
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
There were some who wish Prometheus was more like Alien, Sounds like people will like it cause its more like Alien.
There were some who wished Prometheus shot with an actual script with reasonable characters. I did like it being rooted in science and the spirit of exploration. Sad that Covenant is overcorrecting for the wrong problems.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #95
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

There's a cool new trailer showcasing some Xeno action, as well as the return of Xenovision from Alien 3:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JH2CvC...ExFNRn5B0pfN1j
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #96
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

My prediction: Covenant will open lukewarm and ultimately make a good chunk less than Prometheus. Prometheus was the big "Ridley returns to Alien movies... sort of!" thing that was touted hugely, and this isn't that. Covenant is half apology for Prometheus, and half retread of the other Alien movies, it seems... I don't see it setting the box office on fire.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #97
sdp
-

So does covenant make Alien 3 and 4 non-canon?

One day I hope to marathon all the Alien and Predator movies since I was a huge fan of the franchises as a kid, well I guess a fan of the character designs since i didn't really get to watch much of either as a kid and even as an adult I've only seen AVP1/2

A bit off topic but I think it's beyond awesome that NECA has been able not only to do most Alien/Predator figures but to re-create pretty much most Playmates variants. I had all of the ones NECA has made and if I had space and money would buy these remakes of the figures I had.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:01 AM   #98
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So does covenant make Alien 3 and 4 non-canon?
No. Just everything else.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:23 AM   #99
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There were some who wished Prometheus shot with an actual script with reasonable characters. I did like it being rooted in science and the spirit of exploration. Sad that Covenant is overcorrecting for the wrong problems.
The 1st draft was written by Jon Spaihts and was more like Alien, But then the director decided it should be less like it, so he had Damon Lindelof do rewrites.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The 1st draft was written by Jon Spaihts and was more like Alien, But then the director decided it should be less like it, so he had Damon Lindelof do rewrites.
That was news like 5 years ago. And granted, most of the stupidity in the script can be attributed to Spaihts, not Lindelof. Also, originally Ridley didn't even want to direct Prometheus when it was a straight Alien prequel... he was pushing his son on the studio, but they wouldn't budge (his son has been directing the Prometheus and Covenant short films and webisodes instead).