The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #1
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Why are people disappointed with the series finale?

Ever since the arc aired on Nicktoons, I've seen some people voice their complaints about it.

So, why do some folks hate the finale?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm sure that can probably be figured out in the discussion thread for that arc.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-03-2017 at 07:48 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

There are more than enough places where people have said their piece. This is just gonna lead to more whining/arguments/etc.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

You're right. This was a bad idea.

Can you lock the thread, Machias?
Old 10-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Well, since the world is essentially a hellhole now, it makes all the turtles' attempts to save it over and over pointless and a slap in the face.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Well, since the world is essentially a hellhole now, it makes all the turtles' attempts to save it over and over pointless and a slap in the face.
That, and also...

Spoiler:
Why was Casey's skull used as a bomb?! That just makes his role pointless.

It's almost as bad as Splinter dying when he was reaching for the milk.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #7
Vicky82
Emperor

It was alright but it shouldn't be a series final because

All 4 turtles should have been in it from start to finish.
April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami should have been involved or at least mentioned to find out what happened to them.
More explanation on the mutagen bomb.

I'm glad that Nickelodeon are airing the crossover as the final but it's a shame they released it on DVD first.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:01 AM   #8
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami should have been involved or at least mentioned to find out what happened to them.

I'm glad that Nickelodeon are airing the crossover as the final but it's a shame they released it on DVD first.
You've made some good points here (especially on all turtles being there all the way through)
It did have a few good moments (Leo and Raph, the final shot with Splinter and the turtles). But, there were way too many contradictions and plot holes. The writing was quite lazy. The more I think about it, the more flaws I notice. I'm not a fan of how they disposed of two important female characters with barely a mention. It's a shame-- the animation was excellent as usual, as was the voice acting (especially Sean Astin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
That didn't help, either. .......which is why I'm relieved that it's an AU
Old 10-03-2017, 04:41 AM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Spoiler:
Why was Casey's skull used as a bomb?! That just makes his role pointless.
You don't think Casey would approve? Is that fate not sufficiently "metal" enough?
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:53 AM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

I disagree.

The Mutant Apocalypse was the last episode in production order, had the same turtles from the show (not an alternate reality), wrapped them up perfectly in the end (it doesn't matter that not all were in all 3 episodes) and we don't need an explanation for the Mutagen bomb, we already know it was something along the lines of a Kraang attack, and it didn't matter in the actual story of the arc.

The series finale even had a cool image by Ciro of a Mirage turtle at the end, holding a thank you sign of the two co-creators of Ninja Turtles.

I think its a damn shame Nick is opting for a cop out by trying to pull another Turtles Forever, rather than airing the episodes as Ciro intended. I wasn't actually that iffed by the other episodes being aired out of order, but the series finale? That should've been aired at the end without a shadow of doubt and fully deserved it from every angle.

As much as I love the crossover, I think its a slap in face to Ciro and the entire team behind the show for the Corporate Executives to make the crossover the finale, its nothing but FW pandering in all the wrong ways that even a huge FW fan such as myself would find repulsive.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 10-03-2017 at 05:03 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:34 AM   #11
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I disagree.

The Mutant Apocalypse was the last episode in production order, had the same turtles from the show (not an alternate reality), wrapped them up perfectly in the end (it doesn't matter that not all were in all 3 episodes) and we don't need an explanation for the Mutagen bomb, we already know it was something along the lines of a Kraang attack, and it didn't matter in the actual story of the arc.

The series finale even had a cool image by Ciro of a Mirage turtle at the end, holding a thank you sign of the two co-creators of Ninja Turtles.

I think its a damn shame Nick is opting for a cop out by trying to pull another Turtles Forever, rather than airing the episodes as Ciro intended. I wasn't actually that iffed by the other episodes being aired out of order, but the series finale? That should've been aired at the end without a shadow of doubt and fully deserved it from every angle.

As much as I love the crossover, I think its a slap in face to Ciro and the entire team behind the show for the Corporate Executives to make the crossover the finale, its nothing but FW pandering in all the wrong ways that even a huge FW fan such as myself would find repulsive.
^This! Not every version of Turtles needs to end on happy times. They lost their father at the end of the last season.

While MA wasn't perfect, I'd much prefer it as the ending. They at least took a risk.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:49 AM   #12
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Maybe its because it contradicts the fact that Renet (in this series) is from the future. And her claims that the Turtles become legendary heroes.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If it really was Casey's own skull, not just a fake representative of him to put the mask on...

Now, where is the side story that covers the whole question about Raph keeping the head of his dead friend?

Did he go back and retrieve it later after nature had time to take care of the rest? Or did he just keep his friend's decomposing body and/or separated head upon his death? ("Weekend at Casey's"?)

Wtf Raph, who does that.

Happy Halloween.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #14
newfan
Mad Scientist

Most of this has been covered in the arc thread and season 5 thread..... and we're still going to have different views

I've already made my comments, the misery basically, dead friends, turtles separated till old age, Leo being mutated to become something he hates for years... you get the idea.
At least they did get together in the end even if it was in old age, could have been worse
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

It's less disappointing than it is perplexing. At best it's a (very) loose adaptation of relatively obscure table-top RPG, which is still an odd choice to base the finale on.

Judged on it's own merits it's just... I mean, really? Everyone except six characters (two of which are mute pets) are implied to have died in a nuclear blast shortly after the last regular episode, thereby axing any lingering plot threads and/or undoing anything that was accomplished.

Like for example, why does Karai's reconstructed Foot Clan matter if it just got blown up out of nowhere?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:41 PM   #16
saber16
Foot Soldier

I guess it might have been too much all at once. For a series that has such a steady continuation, this felt like such a drastic shift in story, it was a bit much to take in that not only was this where the story was going to ultimately go, but it was the series final to boot. I personally enjoyed it for the most part, but I can understand why some won't like it. Personally, I thought Lone Rat and Cubs would have been a nicer way to end the series.
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #17
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's less disappointing than it is perplexing. At best it's a (very) loose adaptation of relatively obscure table-top RPG, which is still an odd choice to base the finale on.

Judged on it's own merits it's just... I mean, really? Everyone except six characters (two of which are mute pets) are implied to have died in a nuclear blast shortly after the last regular episode, thereby axing any lingering plot threads and/or undoing anything that was accomplished.

Like for example, why does Karai's reconstructed Foot Clan matter if it just got blown up out of nowhere?
Why do you grow old, marry and have children if out of nowhere something happens and you die?

There's lots of valid reasons to not like how this ended but that one is moronic and childish.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #18
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just a couple of random criticisms:

Maximus Kong should have been a presence from the beginning. They weren't really trying to conceal his identity with his Dark Leo design (even the kiddies probably added up the plastron and blue skin), but they still should have built him up as a threat. Would have made the boss fight less rushed.

Meera or whatever should have been some kind of legacy character. Leo and/or Karai's daughter? Don and April's? A mutated Shadow Jones? Or even a human Shadow, showing that there's still hope for humanity. That would have given it kind of a Children of Men feel. But it was hard to care about this random meerkat.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #19
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Why do you grow old, marry and have children if out of nowhere something happens and you die?

There's lots of valid reasons to not like how this ended but that one is moronic and childish.
No I mean just because reality features random deaths, that doesn't mean it's the least bit satisfying in fiction. If you're gonna do it then at least bother to try make their legacy matter.

If you're gonna blow everyone up for the sake of making a story largely unrelated to what happened before, then what was the point of it?

Even your "growing old" scenario is presented with a legacy, Karai's Foot Clan was just blown up and shown no sign of having mattered, along with the majority of everything else in the first 121 episodes.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

We don't know how old the Turtles were before the mutagen bomb went off. Most likely the Turtles, Karai and the Foot, etc. all existed as we know them for 2-3 decades before this happened.

Remember this is 50 years in the future. I seriously doubt it happened immediately after we left off. You really think Raph and the others didn't see Leo for 50 years?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote