The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 08:50 PM   #41
Maelxich
Thug

Some transformations look lame, the game looks slow and they took rash the cool one and made most of his moves gross out stuff, he went from big spiked boots to old crusty toe nails, from giant fists to disgusting fish. His only cool move is he turns into a shark. The their two still keep their themes of tech guy and buff guy yet rash feels like two different people were working on different parts of him. I will give it a chance but it’s not looking like a good game to me
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:24 AM   #42
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

MAX SETTINGS 1440P 60 FPS ON MY MONTER PC RYZEN 7 1700 GTX 970 G1 GAMING 16 GB DDR4 3200MHZCL15 GS KILL RIP JAWS DELLP2416D 24'' 2560X1440 60 HZ IPS! It will look amazing on a pc like mine or better dont worry it is a Microsoft game they cant release it with bad graphics or gameplay!
Old 08-27-2019, 04:50 AM   #43
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
MAX SETTINGS 1440P 60 FPS ON MY MONTER PC RYZEN 7 1700 GTX 970 G1 GAMING 16 GB DDR4 3200MHZCL15 GS KILL RIP JAWS DELLP2416D 24'' 2560X1440 60 HZ IPS! It will look amazing on a pc like mine or better dont worry it is a Microsoft game they cant release it with bad graphics or gameplay!
It will probably get over 100 FPS in my system. I have an I9 9900k with 32GB of DDR4 3200mhz Memory, and a GTX 1080 Ti.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #44
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Eric Bauza who was the voice of TigerClaw from TMNT 2012 and Splinter in Rise of the TMNT has just announced he's the voice of Rash. He also voices other characters too.
https://twitter.com/bauzilla/status/1290381505097695232
https://twitter.com/bauzilla/status/1290391392716337152

Last edited by TigerClaw; 08-03-2020 at 03:16 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:38 AM   #45
Sumac
Banned

From the latest trailer it looks faster and have a lot of different genres mixed in, but, alas, designs are still ****ing atrocious.

I love Battletoads too much to give this piece of crap a chance. Unless it's like really really good piece of crap.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #46
The Deadman
Foot Elite

This comes out on the 20th of this month.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:24 PM   #47
Turo602
The King of Kings

Honestly, I think the game looks great. I love when video games look like you're playing a cartoon and the animations look really good. I'm okay with the designs too. I get the push back, but after all they've shown and said, I think there's a great vision here that really suits Battletoads. Kind of like how everyone hated Wind Waker until they played it. Besides, I'm not nearly as invested in the Battletoads as I am say, Ninja Turtles, because it's the f*cking Battletoads... They're hardly what I'd consider "cool" these days, so playing up the zaniness definitely seems like the way to go.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #48
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It comes next week! cant wait for it it looks great!
Old 08-12-2020, 04:31 AM   #49
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Old 08-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #50
Sumac
Banned

I never liked those grotesque Nikelodeon style of characters.
IMO, it doesn't suit any characters, much less ones who were initially made in different style.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:12 AM   #51
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I have played 3 days so far and it is realy good and fun! I recomend it!
Old 05-19-2022, 04:15 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So did this even end up selling? 2 years later and I didn't hear anything about it after it came out. That said, do you guys really think Shredder's Revenge is going to make a bigger splash than this?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:21 PM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So did this even end up selling? I didn't hear anything about it after it came out.
I hadn't even heard of this Battle Toads game until I read this thread.

Battle Toads is a NES classic and all, but was the property ever that big? Outside of fans of the series, it can't have sold that well. After all, I seriously doubt people who are aren't from the Battle Toads era have any connection to the franchise at all... many probably aren't even aware of it at all.

TMNT is a known name worldwide, even if it's nowhere near as big as many other famous properties out there. And Battle Toads has always been viewed as sort of a Ninia Turtles rip-off. So it's no wonder it's rather niche.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:28 PM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I mean, it was definitely popular for a while. There was an arcade game, NES game, a SNES game, a Gameboy game and a TV animated special. Action figures, too. Though Battletoads as a side-scrolling beat-em-up lasted only about as long as TMNT did. So they kind of came up and came down at the same time, so I'd say it's a fair comparison.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:32 PM   #55
Prowler
Emperor

Didn't know about the TV special. Was it any good?

Does Battle Toads have an interesting story or themes? Or is it a simple straight forward action series? I mean I don't think it comes from a comic book. It started out as a video game series. And back then, story in games was very limited. Especially in a beat em up game. No one was playing Battle Toads for its plot, that's for sure.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:34 PM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Didn't know about the TV special. Was it any good?

Does Battle Toads have an interesting story or themes? Or is it a simple straight forward action series? I mean I don't think it comes from a comic book. It started out as a video game series. And back then, story in games was very limited. Especially in a beat em up game. No one was playing Battle Toads for its plot, that's for sure.
I know you said you don't get Nintendo Power, but I implicitly remember a big Battletoads comic in there as well. That did flesh out the story. It wasn't particularly deep but it was engaging enough for me, at that age.

If I saw the special I have completely forgotten it.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:38 PM   #57
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I know you said you don't get Nintendo Power, but I implicitly remember a big Battletoads comic in there as well. That did flesh out the story. It wasn't particularly deep but it was engaging enough for me, at that age.

If I saw the special I have completely forgotten it.
I see. Didn't know of it either.

Anyway seems like Battle Toads is a product of its time. Probably not much room for it in 2022 outside the retrogaming nostalgia scene.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Anyway seems like Battle Toads is a product of its time. Probably not much room for it in 2022 outside the retrogaming nostalgia scene.
Though so is the TMNT beat'em up. I doubt you're going to get kids coming off "Rise of the TMNT" going, "Ooh! A TMNT video game! I want it!" and, #1: saying that, or #2: ending up enjoying it.

"Shredder's Revenge" is only for nostalgists. They didn't even try to up-res the graphics or anything.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:52 PM   #59
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Though so is the TMNT beat'em up. I doubt you're going to get kids coming off "Rise of the TMNT" going, "Ooh! A TMNT video game! I want it!" and, #1: saying that, or #2: ending up enjoying it.

"Shredder's Revenge" is only for nostalgists. They didn't even try to up-res the graphics or anything.
Oh definitely. Tbh the fact TMNT managed to get a revival in the early 2000s and even had a somewhat successful Nick cartoon later is rather surprising considering it's a franchise that seems to be all about nostalgia. Mention it to anybody and they'll shout Cowabunga and pizza.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:58 PM   #60
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
I hadn't even heard of this Battle Toads game until I read this thread.

Battle Toads is a NES classic and all, but was the property ever that big? Outside of fans of the series, it can't have sold that well. After all, I seriously doubt people who are aren't from the Battle Toads era have any connection to the franchise at all... many probably aren't even aware of it at all.

TMNT is a known name worldwide, even if it's nowhere near as big as many other famous properties out there. And Battle Toads has always been viewed as sort of a Ninia Turtles rip-off. So it's no wonder it's rather niche.
It wasn't really that popular. People that played Battletoads back then were few. Younger gamers only heard of them through memes and the fact that Rare made the games.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote