The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #2981
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So glad my car key is just a regular old key and copies are easy to be made.

Apparently a co-worker had a hell of a time yesterday after her key got dropped into a toilet at work. And being like most public toilets these have the automatic flush.... and it flushed.

Maybe a little karma, given her lack of work ethic, but that sucks that those keys supposedly cost about $500 for a new one.

So, yeah, glad a replacement for mine is super cheap, and already have more than one spare, including a hidden one I can get home with if I were to ever lose my key.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-12-2018 at 07:12 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:52 AM   #2982
newfan
Mad Scientist

When there's something you plan to look into and then a leaflet about the very thing is pushed through your door, containing a timetable which includes a local location and of course a phone number. That's that sorted.

Edit: Today has been one of those days where you just feel 'cosy' and chilled out all today, I don't have those very often

Last edited by newfan; 01-13-2018 at 10:14 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #2983
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Cooked this with my brother this evening. Granted, he ended up taking over a lot of the cooking and I helped get things and cleanup around him. Some of that was interrupted by a weird dizzy spell.

He made the sauce for that from scratch and had to improvise a lot of stuff. He made a clam sauce in the absence of oyster sauce, and in the absence of ketchup...made an AMAZING ketchup out of tomato paste, vinegar and sugar. Which kicked me out of my dizzy spell with its flavor.

The resulting fake Tonkatsu sauce is pretty great.

As for the actual korokke...it's not done yet.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #2984
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Had a great weekend. Our weekly D&D game was a blast- they spent half the time goofing off in the tavern, waiting for what they paranoidly assumed was a "drow invasion" that was really just four drow (dark elves) bounty hunters who had strolled in asking questions while looking for the bard the party had been trying to recruit to help deal with a tribe of goblins and their dragon master who have been causing trouble for the local farmers and villagers. Then the group's trigger-happy rogue unwittingly foiled the ambush from the human mercenaries the drow had hired as "battle fodder", while the rest of the party was dealing with the bounty hunters. Funny thing was, they all thought he had attacked a band of local guardsmen by mistake, and were worried he might get them thrown out of town. I was having a hard time not laughing at them not realizing the human mercs were working for the drow! Little do they know that the bard's psychotic halff-sister they were so worried might show up is nowhere around, but they are still spazzing out thinking she will show up.

Sunday was just a lazy day, and I actually got some writing done. All around a good weekend. And today was kind of a slow day at work, so I got off on time for once, and we weren't rushing around to keep up. The frappe I had didn't hurt, either.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #2985
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My plushie Oranda based on pics of my pet is finally boxed up and on her way home. Now I just hope for no issues from this newest winter storm.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #2986
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The Good Doctor: Naming Coincidence continues

Old 01-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #2987
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Making me happy- got off work early for a change and was home early enough to watch the Wanted B&R crossover dvd, and even get in a much needed long nap. It was a nice, pretty day for my walk home, in spite of the temps in the teens- the sun was out and there wasn't much wind so it didn't feel too cold.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #2988
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The plushie of my much missed Oranda came home in the mail today. Too cute! They were able to make her close to life size, and even added the touches of gold in the eyes and other markings. Made the tail large enough so it drapes down behind a bit as should be. So glad I got one made. Even came with a ribbon tied around her 'neck'.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #2989
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Had my second D&D session.

My goblin character gruesomely disemboweled an enemy, we ended up fighting like...four Nothics. I barely survived one of them.
On the first encounter with one, I didn't realize they had one eye. So of course I was a little confused when I successfully blinded one and made it possible to beat it on the next person's turn.

When we got to the trio that attacked us, I wasn't so lucky. Got knocked down to 6 HP, until we were all able to surround the last Nothic (all of our characters are roughly three feet tall and under) and basically gang up on it.

My character being a heavily alcoholic Goblin, exhausted by her boozing and injuries, ended up throwing up so hard that she went down to 1 hp and I had to be healed by the group Kobold that she might as well make friends with at this point, since they both have revenge-based personal stories.

But the best part of the whole game was that the person making the best attacks was a 500 year old Gnome with a bucket of rocks. Won a round dumping them down a flight of stairs like it was Home Alone.

Then there was a plot twist in which a person we were searching for turned out to be the guy that wiped out the Kobold's previous guild -- but then it was a doppleganger. So Kobold wasn't happy with that revelation, and I could finally reveal my character's backstory in a "hey dude, I know what you're going through" moment.

There was some joking around with maybe my goblin flirting with someone else's male goblin...who was raised by rats.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #2990
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

LOL! That sounds a lot like our session yesterday. The party was trying to track a dark elf who escaped from the fight in the inn last week (one of the bounty hunters who were hunting their bard ally) and ran into the dark elves' hired mercenaries outside in the street. The party's half-elf monk pulled a "Mongo" and punched out one of the mercs' HORSE. Yes, he punched a horse in the head. Knocked it out cold with the rider pinned under it. The ninja killed another merc, and the orc then decapitated a second horse as a display of intimidation before hacking right through the one unconscious horse AND its rider.

The other three mercs surrendered at that point, and when they interrogated the one unconscious dark elf (he'd been stabbed in the back with a sleep-poisoned dagger by his ally who shoved him at the party before fleeing) they discovered that the bard was a fugitive from his family for having been with his father's own personal slave-woman (she was pregnant with his kids when they sacrificed her to the dark elf spider-goddess) and they wanted the bard dead. Once they had finished interrogating him, they set the bounty hunter loose (he was now a fugitive himself for having failed his mission and being captured) and went off to return to the goblin lair that started the whole adventure, to try and stop what they think is an attempt to summon Tiamat, the evil dragon-goddess.

One of the funniest moments was when the orc stormed out of the inn and tried to intimidate the mercs while wearing a dress (looong story, basically a form of payment to the priests at the local temple for resurrecting him earlier) They weren't impressed, of course......

Old 01-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #2991
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Had my second D&D session.

My goblin character gruesomely disemboweled an enemy, we ended up fighting like...four Nothics. I barely survived one of them.
On the first encounter with one, I didn't realize they had one eye. So of course I was a little confused when I successfully blinded one and made it possible to beat it on the next person's turn.
Nothics are nasty creatures. I'm running a premade for 5e and the party stumbled into a nothic, but to confuse the one players that've played the premade before I gave the Nothic some Legendary Actions, plus to boost it up a bit since the party is like 8 players.

When someone hit the Nothic it would split into another Nothic with the damage dealt as its hit points, it could do it three times.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #2992
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

What is a Nothic, anyway? Have not heard of them, and I've been gaming for over 22 years. Is it something new to 5e? Never saw anything like that in 2-4e, which I have both played or run all three over the years. Familiar with most creatures, but this one is new to me.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:21 AM   #2993
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's these guys:

Earliest mention I can find is 3.5, they are in Monster Manual 2 for 4e iirc
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:40 AM   #2994
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ah that explains it. I never went past the first one for 4e. Hated what they did with that system. Playtested 5e, it was much better. Looks pretty nasty alright.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #2995
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Another happy-maker from the weekend- so I recently discovered the Wish app, and ordered a belly dancing outfit from it to wear to Scarborough Faire and for learning to belly dance. It came in Saturday, and I was really excited to finally try it on! The free gift I got for signing up came in just a few days earlier, as well, a little necklace, earring, and bracelet set with a World Tree pendant on them. All came in great condition, and it was nice to see Mr D.s reaction to seeing me in it. One of our game group members stayed the night, and he thought I looked good in it too. So already worth the snall cost of the outfit! Cant wait to wear it at the faire for our anniversary this year!

Oh, and Mr D cooked homemade chili and cornbread for dinner last night. So good!

Old 01-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #2996
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I really like this outfit!

Spoiler:

I don't think I could EVER wear it, though!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #2997
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy makers...

Finally having a day off after the last few brutal work days.

Temps in the upper 50s. I wish it would stay this way until spring. After that long stretch of brutal cold I think we've earned this warm up.

My newest ('87) TMNT tee that was essentially free since I had enough points to use for it. Stole the pic from eBay but it's this one:
Spoiler:

(Think I'll wear it for Valentine's Day. ) It's actually a kid's shirt, but I can manage a size 16.

Also had gotten a pair of jeans and a leftover Christmas ornament. Paid nothing out of pocket. Any other time I'd have felt guilty walking out with stuff and not paying anything since I work there, but with the company deciding to close our store for no good reason other than the lease... OH WELL. That's on the company now. With no raises ever and cut hours we've dealt with (including no work at all last April)... get out of it what I can while I can.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #2998
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Hmmm.... I probanly COULD, but not sure I have the curves to do it justice. Got enough in the top, but not so much on the south side of things. But it's nice, I give you that.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #2999
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, they do make underwear with butt pads these days. And I bet that girl is wearing them.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #3000
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Nah, it's not the caboose that's the problem, it's the hip. Besides, no way am I ever going full-on Kim K.....