The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 09-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

My TMNT fancomic "Karai Versus Karai"

Okay, it was reading the Karai special of the IDW comics which inspired me to start working on this. In that special She's in Japan and gets involved in a Yakuza gang war. I noticed straight away how very different that Karai was from the Karai in the 2012 TV series. For one thing, the IDW Karai is very bloodthirsty.

So, I figured it would be fun to have the two Karais meet, in the same way that the eighties Turtles met their 2012 counterparts. I drew a couple of scenes as try outs which can be told apart from the others by 2012's Karai's hair looking more pointed, more like a Cobra's hood. So there are instances where she looks different from one page to the other.

One of my favorite scenes to do was the one where IDW Karai tells the story about how her father Oroku Yori, ran the Foot clan as a corrupt business enterprise, with lawyers and business men as his ninjas and basically spent millions to keep his daughter from reviving the foot clan a ninja clan. The other Karais, all of them growing up as orphans call her out on the fact that she basically started the Foot out of boredom with being a rich man's daughter.

I also decided to resolve a couple of never resolved stories from the series, such as the fate of Timothy.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it.
https://www.deviantart.com/rastasaiy...i-versus-Karai
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

I put in a big update of the story, the link still works.