The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #41
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Bishop is probably my #1. I didn't watch much of the 2003 series, but I always thought he was a really cool new character. Plus, I'm a sucker for Big Bad Government X-Men-esque storylines. I'd love something like that in the series. And with IDW not pulling any punches, it could get pretty dark and pretty badass quickly.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #42
2K3
Foot Soldier

I have a few extra characters to add:

Armaggon: In a dark future, Bludgeon loses his mind after the death of his sister; Koya. Combining himself with Utrom science, he takes his anger and rage out on the world

Purple Dragon Members
  • Dragon Face : The new sub-leader of the gang, he believes the Dragons and become stronger if they stomp out the weaker members; and likes to prove it by setting up underground cage fights. He begins to consider Hun weak (due to his drinking and his obsession with Casey), and plans to other throw him.
  • Ruffington: A weapons-smuggler under threat not only by the police but by rival players (such as Darius Dun). Because of this, he signs a contract with the Purple Dragons, giving them unlimited access to his supply of high-tech weaponry.

King of Thieves: The leader of the "Dresden Heist" has broken out of jail and has developed an overinflated ego. Calling himself "The King of Thieves", he's out prove himself as a master criminal, but soon runs afoul of local gangs, who consider him an embarrassment.

Mortu: One of the last surviving Utroms Krang kept in stasis; he becomes the chosen leader as they colonize Burnow Island.
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:43 AM   #43
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

What do you mean my only adaptations are Utroms! You're perfectly right to assume my only adaptations are Utroms!

Rather than being Krang's six identical clones that turn on him, The Krangazoids are adolescent Utroms that Krang personally rescued at the end of the war that destroyed their home planet. After learning of his imprisonment by the Neutrinos, they seek to liberate him - one way or another. The unofficial leader is Ch`rell.

Dr. Xeinos and Glurin are mother and son. Dr. X mostly helps the youngest Utroms adjust to their new life. She eventually makes a steady friend of Splinter. Glurin quickly befriends Donatello, and brings him into his own circle of remaining friends. Harold starts to question where his life has gone now that he has added a bunch of blobby aliens next the mutated turtle to his list of associates. This includes the Krangazoids, though Glurin is ignorant of their plans to bring Krang back. Professor Obligado is Xeinos' father. He's basically the same. He becomes interested in Earth cultures after reviving and sets up plans to learn as much as he can, hoping that Utroms might be able to integrate somehow, rather than take over.

I have two different ideas for Shreeka.
Shreeka is one of the very last Utroms that is still living on Utrominion, leading the other stragglers and hoping to find others, all while believing that Krang forsook them and despises him for it. She believes one of her children died in the war; he is one of the Krangazoids.

On the other path, she is an anti-royal Neutrino anarchist who helped Krang capture Smada City; he abandoned her when her viability as an aid wore out.

Dracus had a hand in the construction of the Technodrome. He provided much of the material that Earth did not have. He was not a willing ally, as Krang captured him and the rest of his kind the same way he did Neutrino. While Dracus shares disgust at Krang with many others, he sees hypocrisy in his motives. That is, Krang would destroy other worlds with war to get what he wants...which as the exact fate of his own homeworld.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #44
2K3
Foot Soldier

Two years later, and a lot has changed...

Looking back at my choices now, I'd keep Vernon, Blanque, Mortu, and the King of Thieves, while adding...

THE PUNK FROGS: With the introduction of Pantheon member Toad Baron, it’d be interesting if he had these boys as his muscle.
WARRIOR DRAGON or DRAGON LORD: A hot-headed member of the Pantheon.
NEWTRALIZER: A mutant salamander turned bounty hunter in Dimension X.
And TRICERATON members Prime Member Zanramon, Commander Mozar and Traximus
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #45
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Bahaha, Ch'rell is OUT on being an adolescent leader of the Krangazoids!
But I'm standing by him leading a group to rescue Krang.

Shreeka has fallen out of interest entirely at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in the Dimension X arch.

I would have Mona Lisa as part of the Toad Baron's Court. Since salamanders are amphibians, it counts. Maybe a cool one, like the Chinese Giant Salamander
Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #46
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
(This combines several characters together with other characters)

The Dragon lord and his Rank- Following the shredder's death, a breakaway faction forms led by the nefarious Go Komodo, and his four lieutenants- Cha Ocho, Pimiko, Chu Hsi, and Master Kahn. Calling themselves the foot of the Dragon, they adopt the three toed dragon foot symbol. Wishing to become true Dragons, they seek out an enchanted mirror that can transform them into true anthropomorphic dragons. They become the Dragon Lord, Draco, the warrior Dragon, Choate (tyrannosaur-like dragon) and the rest of their forces of the rank.

Mona Lisa-Undercover Police officer Kara Lewis, Mona's Hybrid nature allows her to sense where the Dragons will strike next.who was standing in front of the mirror when the dragon's spirits passed through her body, is transformed into a human-dragon hybrid resembling the fiery salamanders of old (her OT look). Thew turtles help her to escape from Komodo's Penthouse, and retreat to their lair beneath ground. the turtles realize the threat to the world, and vow to hunt down and stop the dragon lord and his rank armies.
Perhaps Kavaxas could be the mastermind behind the Rank? He could be manipulating each of them into doing his dirty work for an invasion of darkness into the world of flesh. And dragons, tigers, and phoenixes form a trio, so he might set up tiger and phoenix armies to aid or oppose them (Tigerclaw comes into play with that). And Pimiko could be Gosei Pimiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
(Both of these follow Ororku Saki's believed to be upcoming death, and Karai's returning to her role of clan Jonin)

Lieutenant Oroku Kazuo is one of the most respected law enforcement agents in Japan, having turned his back on his family and the foot to embrace Justice over clan honor and crime. Cast out of the clan and hated by his sister, Oroku Karai, Officer Kazuo has come to New York to ally with the turtles, and help bring down the organization.

Shredder II Both siblings, however, detest their eldest brother, Ororku Nagi. This deranged lunatic mixes his insanity into his wildly unpredictable ninjitsu, making him one of the deadliest martial artists on the planet. He was locked away by thier father in an insane asylum, until the Day a now-masterless rocksteady and bebop, cast out of the Foot by Karai, come to him with the shredder's armor, desiring for him to be the new 'boss'. A new, second shredder now walks the earth in place of Saki, backed by two unstaoppable mutants, and so insane that he's like the joker armed with ninjitsu fighting style- one moment he's acting like the OT shredder, trying to steal cheese danishes and calling his two henchmen 'moronic cretins', and the next he's slaughtering a whole restaurant full of innocent men, women, and children just for the fun of it. Outside of his two lackeys, and an army of experimental foot bots he stole from Baxter Stockman's labs, Nagi feels he needs no foot clan to carry out his twisted goals. The turtles and Karai will long for the days of saki when they have to deal with this nutjob.
Great method to incorporate Nagi! I also have ideas for Oroku Miwa (who is now Karai's renegade daughter) and Tang Amaya (a ghost, or... Venus.) Not to mention more relatives from Mirage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
Alex "Ace" Drake
Former Blackhawk pilot who served three tours in the Middle East. Volunteered for the military's Super Soldier Program experiments being conducted by the Null Corporation. Chose to be cross-mutated with a Mallard Duck due to their ability to fly long distances and his intense love of flying. Unfortunately for Ace he was NOT granted the ability to fly through his mutation and therefore despises his current form. Is currently on assignment working as a drop pilot for Agent Bishop's mutant hunting team.

Sergeant Scott Savage aka "Sgt. Bananas"
Sgt. Scott Savage was being detained in a military prison for brutally murdering his entire platoon during a training regime. Showing no signs of previous mental-illness, his actions were described by witnesses as "He just went bananas", thus earning him the nickname "Sgt. Bananas." While awaiting trial in prison government officials decided to take a different route with him and turned him over to the Null Corporation for experimentation during the early stages of their Super Soldier Program. As a result he was cross-mutated with a Silverback Gorilla due to their strength and intelligence. Sgt. Bananas remains in heavily-guarded confinement due to his mental instability as he displays a Jekyll/Hyde persona, switching from an intelligent communicable creature to an animalistic, blood-crazed beast with no warning. It is unknown whether this is the result of anomalies in the experimentation process or due to Savage's own mental illness.
I like these ideas. But maybe we can form a trio with these. Maybe Walkabout, Dogpound, or Quarry would work as the third member.

Edit: Forgot about GroundChuck being the third member. The others still seem like nice ideas, though.

Now for my ideas:

Carter Braunze: Carter "Key-No" Braunze is the turtles's new neighbor, and a Foot recruit under Splinter. His father, Louis, was part of a super soldier project to give him psychic abilities, which had mutated his son into having a strange transformation ability. Sadly, Louis has recently died, which is part of Carter's motive to join the Foot Clan. He's a genuine friend to the turtles and foot alike, making the situation complex.

Oroku Miwa: Karai's daughter, who has just arrived from Japan to visit her mother. Miwa's rather afraid for her mother, but no stranger to causing trouble. Splinter takes a liking to Miwa and has her train alongside Carter, making the two somewhat of an item. Her grandfather taught her an ancient serpent jutsu, allowing her to become a snake-like beast under stress. Great minds think alike! She's fascinated with the Shinigami of Japan.

Irma Margrat Langenstein Junior: Now a teenager, Irma "Rook" Langenstein is a friend the Turtles discover when she got lost in the sewers. Flirtatious yet kind, she serves as a contrast to Miwa and Carter, her closest friends. Known for her management skills and hacking, the Turtles decide she'd be able to help them corner Stockgen and beat them down. Her outfit is very chic, and even the Utroms have caught on to it. She's taken a shine to those little fellas. Her grouchy English teacher Vernon Fenwick wants nothing to do with this, however. But will her legal guardian Lauren Stanton change things up? (Also, the Irma we saw in IDW already is an Utrom)

Tang Amaya: A sister of Shen's, who was unjustly killed as part of the Foot Clan's penalty. The turtles now wonder what happened to the soul of her and other victims of the Foot, until they discover a news video from China depicting what appears to be one of their own kind... They later discover her as she leaves a cargo ship smuggling illegal goods, and becomes suspicious of her "magic" tricks. Raphael is suspicious and curious at the same time, so he forcibly drafts her into their ranks. She has had the name of Mei Pieh Chi to herself, so Raph codenames her off of an artistic piece... Venus De Milo. She starts to feel a familiar connection to this family, as if they correspond to the boys she saw in her dreams of her past self being executed. In the end, Venus leaves for California to start her own team, rather than stay with the Hamato family.

Thrashmor: An Utrom experiment with Mutagen on earth resulted in a Dumpjumper, a popular alien pet, mutating into a humanoid. Thrashmor is named for his enjoyment of thrash metal. Due to the species's tracking abilities, he has sworn loyalty to Bishop in exchange for his life. Thrashmor wants to own another of his kind, which he will name "Spike". Every Sunday night, he scours NYC for aliens. Due to recent developments, it's been proposed that he would relocate to Albany.

Quarry: The best example of the ugly side of mutation since Seymor Gutz, she’s the results a Mutagen variant that removes any sort of animal DNA requirement or intelligence component, resulting in easily-enslaved creatures. Their mistake was using this on a human, a creature who already had intellect to spare. Escaping into the dark caves of the city to escape her captors, she found a hidden city beneath New York, which she hopes to make a mutant haven.

Lauren Stanton: Popular "hot scoop" and legal guardian of Irma with a fondness for purple latex. Under death threats from the Purple Dragons, she investigates what Irma's been up to and ends up encountering the Turtles and company. Lauren and Irma are frequently on the scene of the crime. Her news motorcycle is a sight to behold.

Mitsu Norinaga: A Ninja princess from feudal Japan preserved via the Ooze to serve as a weapon against Oroku Saki should he be awakened. Now accidentally released from the tomb by a clueless Harold, Mitsu’s wind jutsus mean trouble for the Oroku family. She is in search of her lost clan, the Fujin Clan. Mitsu partakes in one of Xever’s battle tournaments and discovers Raphael there.

Buffy Shellhammer: Heir to the Shellhammer chemical group in Albany, Thrashmor is assigned to silence her to keep an EPF secret. He can’t really bring himself to do it, so he tries to recruit her and form an alliance between the company and the EPF. Even moreso, Thrashmor shamefully admits getting way too attached to her.

“Thrashmor & Buffy” mini-series plz. I also still have he Xever backstory I had in mind.

Last edited by miru; 04-05-2019 at 11:14 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #47
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Okay, we can straight up chuck all my previous speculations on Ch'rell...now to wait to see if my current shipping fodder thoughts are out the window too.

Shreeka, however...

I would depict as a Neutrino that used to be an ally of Krang's, who eventually betrayed his activities to King Zenter after he removed her from her high position for...something. Probably fowling something up.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:08 PM   #48
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Okay, we can straight up chuck all my previous speculations on Ch'rell...now to wait to see if my current shipping fodder thoughts are out the window too.

Shreeka, however...

I would depict as a Neutrino that used to be an ally of Krang's, who eventually betrayed his activities to King Zenter after he removed her from her high position for...something. Probably fowling something up.
I’d like to adapt your Krangazoids idea. They’re now a group that emerged after Krang’s death, and are an anti-mutant group. Their leader, Nycht, is a cybernetic Utrom who has taken a shine to Irma, and has built himself a “Turtle Terminator” modeled off of her.

Meanwhile, Highly Advanced Variety of Creatures is a underground crime syndicate that’s been shoving the foot out of Japan with their variety of various odd creatures, Mutant or otherwise. Their ranks are huge, and include Sandstorm, Ninjara, Overdrive, Amok, Magma, Raptarr, Needlenose, Chien Khan, Kathmandu, Multiflex, Buzzrok, Zodiac, Synapse, Al-Falqua, Newtralizer, Silver, and their leader Titanus.

Notably, Ninjara was a servant of Kitsune’s prior to her departure, and had been abused by her over the years. Now, she ends up being a sort of mother figure to Alopex. She has a soft spot for children, especially due to the disappearance of her own child.

Last edited by miru; 09-20-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:56 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It wouldn't really make a lot of sense to have an Utrom with the title "Subprime"...

Especially since, all things considered, that would have been Krang (in more of a sense of being the prince and General) up until Utrominon collapsed and Quanin died. And if Quanin is excluded, then it would have been Ch'rell as "SubPrime" under Krang.

I see where you're going though. I might adapt Subprime's former title "Knight" into something more resembling an actual name. I've altered his name to "Nycht", for example.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #50
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It wouldn't really make a lot of sense to have an Utrom with the title "Subprime"...

Especially since, all things considered, that would have been Krang (in more of a sense of being the prince and General) up until Utrominon collapsed and Quanin died. And if Quanin is excluded, then it would have been Ch'rell as "SubPrime" under Krang.

I see where you're going though. I might adapt Subprime's former title "Knight" into something more resembling an actual name. I've altered his name to "Nycht", for example.
Sure. Now i’m wondering if I can salvage Cody Jones, now that i’ve done the same for Carter, Venus, Kraang SubPrime, and even Buffy Shellhammer. No interest in the likes of Monty Moose, SpiderBytez, etc.

EDIT: Cody Jones is done! (Along with Serling). Eric Sachs and Dheeraj seem a lot harder, though.

EDIT: I even salvaged Eric and Dheeraj!

But Shadow Jones could be Renet’s understudy as a Time Mistress. Traveling in from the future, Shadow is interested in meeting the younger incarnations of the Turtles. Her secret is that she is studying them to become stronger and avert her own death.

Lotus Blossom left the Chinese branch of the Foot to start a new life in Northampton. Her extreme skill since she was a child impresses the Foot even today.

Cody Jones is also called Fugitoid II, due to having transferred his mind into a robot named Serling. He keeps Serling’s A.I. on a personal communication device, and he one day hopes to get out of this body to get together with his Neutrino fiancé Starlee Hambrath again.

Shinigami is a newcomer from Japan who named herself as a vigilante to induce fear in her enemies. She is a friend of Miwa’s.

If you’re on the streets, watch out for two bandits called the Hallocat Brothers. Scratch and Pookey are bash brothers and expert cutpurses eking a living from people’s possessions they steal. No bodyguard can turn down their offers to protect them, and it’s not just because they’re cats, nor that Pookey’s barely even 9 years old. Los Angeles never knew what hit them.

The mysterious Hana of the Foot Clan is believed to be a descendant of Hamato Yoshi himself! Sadly, she’s been deployed to the Foot in Los Angeles, as a commander.

Radical is another result of the same project that gave us Nobody. Hazel McIntire was given the armor to potentially track down alien invaders, which her boss has become suspicious of, but Radical wants her own agenda to defend the planet from our own hatred and rage. Hatred towards others, not pollution, is the ultimate cause of decimation, so she says.

Kirby and Picasso are members of Venus's California Turtles. Picasso is a soft-shelled turtle using the manriki-gusari as his weapon while Kirby is a Galapagos Giant Tortoise who uses tonfa. A potential fourth member, “Snappy” Warhol has been so far too shy to step out of the trash can he calls his favorite place to hide. Venus wonders if he’s even worth it.

Eric Sachs is a member of the Null Group and an enemy of Venus’s California Turtles. His main office is in Hollywood. Obsessed with Japanese culture, he has build his own suit of armor, but mainly fights with a forbidden martial art style he says allows him to manipulate the energy of the earth itself.

Dheeraj & Chang Lao are new recruits into the Savate Ninja. Dheeraj comes from an Indian family who have been hassled by a crime group called the Thoogs, who have returned in light of the collapse of the Street Phantoms. Chang Lao is the reincarnation of someone Yoshi knew in life. They now come to the Foot with a message.

Also, once Rise ends, I could see a very dark take on Hypno-Potamus working. Formerly a hippo named Dave, he had grown jealous of his master over time, becoming a ticking time-bomb of a serial killer, to be unleashed with the Mutagen. Having killed his master, he now hypnotizes victims with ease to lead them to their deaths at his slavering tusks. Possibly a reincarnation of a serial killer from the past. His usual hangout is in Albany, looking for a method to nab victims en masse. I could even see him being dark enough to fit in Mirage.

Fishface is the reincarnation of the marooned pirate “Two-Pegs”, who hopes to set up a new generation of honorable pirates. Having been the result of one of Hob’s Mutagen samples, Fishface was immediately recruited into the Mutanimals. He likes Hob because of his eye patch, and thus respects him. His true dream is to create a crew of pirate Mutants and rule the roadways of the city.

Princess Mallory could be a medieval princess who was reincarnated as either April or a new mutant character. If kept around in the present, could she be from some kind of fantasy dimension? Kirby's realm?

Perhaps Wyrm would eventually absorb dna from Saki and Bludgeon to become the Shark-Worm Shredder?

Jessica Jaclyn is a fired referee that has taken up wrestling knowledge for self defense and ultimately ends up with the Foot Clan. She now teaches the Foot wrestling techniques and has made friends with Alopex.

Kendra is the tech specialist of the Purple Dragons, a hacker into networks to pilfer gang information.

Less likely to occur due to copyright issues, but still:

Private Eye Moykat operates in southern Los Angeles and specializes in animal cruelty cases, which extend to Mutants. Especially since he is one.

I believe IDW writers are in fact competent enough to salvage virtually any and every given TMNT character in the franchise's history. I say "virtually" only because of copyright issues and the fact the writers will likely not be interested in seeing what can be done with the very minor characters of the franchise.

Last edited by miru; 12-22-2018 at 04:56 PM.