No clue, sorry.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:28 AM   #2022
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
No clue, sorry.
That's ok, I got my hopes up because I just found out you guys released reprints of some UK only comics from Transformers a couple of years back so I figured that TMNT could get the same treatment...
Old 06-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #2023
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just curious, will we ever get a Halloween themed issue where the Turtles fight monsters like werewolves/vampires, or one similar to Mirage's in Tales, etc? I realize it can't be done this year, because October's issues will be the Trial of Krang arc, so maybe next year? I remember for a long time people asked about a Christmas issue and then we got one last year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #2024
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Maybe, it's possible.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #2025
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just curious, will we ever get a Halloween themed issue where the Turtles fight monsters like werewolves/vampires, or one similar to Mirage's in Tales, etc? I realize it can't be done this year, because October's issues will be the Trial of Krang arc, so maybe next year? I remember for a long time people asked about a Christmas issue and then we got one last year.
Quote:
Maybe, it's possible.
Well, October 2018 is our one good chance to get a Halloween issue since October 2019 will be issue #99... Not to mention, the last time a question like this was asked, specifically regarding the possibility of more minis/micros alongside the main title and Universe, you (Bobby) were diplomatic enough in your reply to skirt around the fact that Dimension X was already in the works, so...

I don't fancy myself a fortuneteller but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a Halloween issue already being planned for 2018, though of course you can't confirm or deny anything. Still, my one request for a Halloween story? Some more Wingnut & Screwloose, even if it's just a teeny tiny cameo!

My birthday is on Halloween too, so it would feel extra special!

Last edited by ChosenOne; 06-28-2017 at 09:10 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #2026
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I would like to cast another vote in favor of an eventual Halloween issue. The bros don't even have to face any actual supernatural threats (although that would be cool), it would be enough for them to simply be able to get out of the house and wander the streets with others without worrying about their appearance (similar to Mikey at the New Year's Eve costume party in his one-shot).

Also, are we ever going to learn more about Snake Guy??
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #2027
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I would like to cast another vote in favor of an eventual Halloween issue. The bros don't even have to face any actual supernatural threats (although that would be cool), it would be enough for them to simply be able to get out of the house and wander the streets with others without worrying about their appearance (similar to Mikey at the New Year's Eve costume party in his one-shot).

Perhaps have an arc going on and Halloween could be in the background. Similar to #5 showing Christmas decorations. Or even Mike wanting to go to a house for candy after seeing kids do it in costumes. That would be great and not detract from plans!

Thanks for the inclusion of a letter that I submitted,Bobby!

So snake guy was conjured up and sent by Kitsune! That will be my take. Perhaps we can call him Scail Tale?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 06-29-2017 at 11:11 AM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:42 PM   #2028
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Well, October 2018 is our one good chance to get a Halloween issue since October 2019 will be issue #99... Not to mention, the last time a question like this was asked, specifically regarding the possibility of more minis/micros alongside the main title and Universe, you (Bobby) were diplomatic enough in your reply to skirt around the fact that Dimension X was already in the works, so...

I don't fancy myself a fortuneteller but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a Halloween issue already being planned for 2018, though of course you can't confirm or deny anything. Still, my one request for a Halloween story? Some more Wingnut & Screwloose, even if it's just a teeny tiny cameo!

My birthday is on Halloween too, so it would feel extra special!
Yeah I second more appearances by wingnut&screwloose. But also Wyrm needs to be in a Halloween issue for sure. I really enjoyed the TMNTU issue with him in it and would be great for a come back!
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #2029
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Speaking of foreigner reprints, any chance of reprints of the Fleetway comics that where released on Europe together with the Archie originals? Some of those had stories on par with the current Amazing Adventures comics and they had gorgeous art and would deserve to be put on trades for everyone to enjoy. I know it's not really your department but are those even possible for you guys to pursue?
That would be cool.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:08 AM   #2030
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post

Cool, ty for the Halloween input, everyone. It has been duly noted!

I saw the discussion of Snake Guy in the other thread. I'm tempted to say "wait and see!" in this instance, but the truth is there's no plans for him, or anything to learn at this point. Some things we place as very deliberate easter eggs and clues years in advance, and sometimes things are just sort of done in the moment with no major forethought. Then again, sometimes the random things eventually become important, so who knows. In my mind, the snake guy was a mythical creature sent by one of the Pantheon to attack or disrupt the plans of another. Regardless, I wouldn't look too deeply at him. (though this type of note is a sign of deep engagement with the series, and that is always very appreciated!)
Old 06-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #2031
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I saw the discussion of Snake Guy in the other thread. I'm tempted to say "wait and see!" in this instance, but the truth is there's no plans for him, or anything to learn at this point. Some things we place as very deliberate easter eggs and clues years in advance, and sometimes things are just sort of done in the moment with no major forethought. Then again, sometimes the random things eventually become important, so who knows. In my mind, the snake guy was a mythical creature sent by one of the Pantheon to attack or disrupt the plans of another. Regardless, I wouldn't look too deeply at him. (though this type of note is a sign of deep engagement with the series, and that is always very appreciated!)
Just one quick question regarding this point, though it probably isn't all that important or even relevant: who is the Pantheon member across from Snakey McSnake in that one panel that was discussed? Is that Chi-You?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:55 AM   #2032
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I do believe Chi-You was named in the panel description of that panel, yes.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #2033
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I do believe Chi-You was named in the panel description of that panel, yes.
Thank you! That puts to rest my doubts about the character's outfit matching Chi-You's.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #2034
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thank you! That puts to rest my doubts about the character's outfit matching Chi-You's.
He probably wanted to change his style up after a few centuries passed, things were smelling a bit like bull dookie so he sent the old duds to the Gothano Laundromat.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:36 PM   #2035
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
He probably wanted to change his style up after a few centuries passed, things were smelling a bit like bull dookie so he sent the old duds to the Gothano Laundromat.
Gothano, keeper of secrets and laundry slips!

I could say he's my favorite out of the new Pantheon members, but then there's Toad Baron...
Old 06-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #2036
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I could say he's my favorite out of the new Pantheon members, but then there's Toad Baron...
And don't furget Manmoth & Jagwar. I must say, all these newbies are simply DIVINE.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:20 PM   #2037
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I can't really tell, how long has it been since #50 in TMNT Universe #12?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #2038
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

That's a good question, and one that we try to avoid nailing down too much so we can keep things flexible. I reserve the right to change this, but unofficially it "feels" like about six months to me.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #2039
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

With SDCC 2017 being around the corner, can we expect some major announcements, and reveals?
Old 07-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #2040
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

It depends on how you classify "major" but I think so, yes!

In fact, i'm off to the show floor right now! Hope anyone attending comes to the TMNT panel-- Saturday, 11:30-12:30, room 24ABC!

(though the announcement i'm thinking of should actually be tomorrow, I think!)

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz