The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #121
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Oh my god. OH MY GOD.

These look incredible. I'm sure my fiancee would shoot fire out of her eyes if I actually bought them (especially if they're $40-50 each) but... damn. DAMN.

I may have to sell off some things to make room.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:32 AM   #122
cidman911
Random Punk

I contacted one of my local comic shops that also carries a ton of Manga and Japanese import toys here in San Diego but no response yet from the shop owner.

My IDEAL price for these would be $30 each...$120 for the set.

I'd hesitate to buy the set if they end up being $40 each. That would bump them up to $160 plus shipping for all 4. So I'd probably just buy Mikey & Donnie first then Leo/Raph down the line one by one over time. Yeah it would cost more in the long run but whatever. I'd feel better about that than dropping almost $200 at one time.

How does Amiami.com payment work? I see if you choose to pay by Paypal it still process everything by Yen (from playing around with stuff at checkout). Does Paypal automatically covert the charges into American dollars? It makes me nervous that they would overcharge me or something.
cidman911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:41 AM   #123
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

I'm budgeting up to £50 per figure for these - Revoltech usually run £25-35 over here, but I'm anticipating a huge demand.

I'm also hoping that the slightly undersized scale Revoltech uses means that these will fit in with my 6" figures - I'd love to have an X-Men/TMNT team-up on my shelf!
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #124
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
I'm budgeting up to £50 per figure for these - Revoltech usually run £25-35 over here, but I'm anticipating a huge demand.

I'm also hoping that the slightly undersized scale Revoltech uses means that these will fit in with my 6" figures - I'd love to have an X-Men/TMNT team-up on my shelf!

My main concern is the shipping charges, import duty etc.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #125
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Can't wait To buy these. Just bought SH figuarts black ranger. If these are anything like other Japanese toys, we'll be in for a treat. Cannot wait. I'll start budgeting for these too. Just spent $230 on the HT Winter Soldier 1/6 scale haha. I'll probably start budgeting once I know a release date.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #126
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

I need these yesterday.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #127
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Nothing official but I read on another forum Website that these are expected to be released in September and will run around $44.98 per turtle. I'm sure that price will be different depending on where you buy it from. Again, not official, just some info I learned on another site. Take it as is. Still buying these regardless.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #128
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

if its a sept release i imagine pre orders will be up very soon

sites just updated figuarts preorders for sept

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #129
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
Nothing official but I read on another forum Website that these are expected to be released in September and will run around $44.98 per turtle. I'm sure that price will be different depending on where you buy it from. Again, not official, just some info I learned on another site. Take it as is. Still buying these regardless.
Yeah. A must-buy for sure. May try to get two sets. Figures like these come in handy for selling or trading.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #130
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Then they should be up pretty quick to PO. I'll start with a set and see how much i love them. Really want at least one set. I bet they sell out fairly fast. If they market these limited, these will be right up there fetching Neca prices. I'm sure one can buy another set of these and part them out for $
Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #131
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

honestly with them being imports it would not surprise me if they surpass the NECA prices

Old 05-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #132
Citizen Krang
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
My main concern is the shipping charges, import duty etc.
When I bought my flcl cantis through amiami the only charge other than the initial price was for shipping and I chose ems, which was 2400jpy. So tack on 25ish for shipping and insurance. I didn't get import duties of any kind, but it will require a signature for delivery, jp->us.
Citizen Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #133
Freeman
Hench Mutant

I can't belive this is even happening.
These are, like many of you pointed, the ultimate TMNT action figures.
As much as I am enjoying Playmates basic fig line, and as willing as I am to finally get one classic set, Revoltech is absolutely another league.

For those member unfamiliar with japanese market, belive us when we tell you you will not find these in stores. I belive the price can go up to 45-50 each, considering they are pretty similar in quality and features to the Figma The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Link

This would have us around 200 + shipping.
Of course it is way more axpensive than the RPG Costume turtles from Playmates (wich I personally love ^_^) but the detail level of these will certainly overpass the infamous NECA series IMO.

I am strongly considering selling some stuff because getting 2 of these sets would defenitely pay off.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #134
Lameonardo
Random Punk

These are pretty amazing. I love the blocky, almost claymation style of the cartoon turtles and to have that come through in a figure is awesome. The interchangeable heads and their expressions are great too.

The Playmates variants with more show accurate heads have yet to appeal to me enough to purchase them. I'm not a collector and only have the basic Nick turtles. I haven't seen anything else come out from that Playmates line that I want, but I have the urge to get the Revoltech figures. Maybe just one.
Lameonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #135
Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4
Random Punk

Thumbs up

So basically these are the FIRST tv accurate figures in the history of the franchise. I didn't complaint about that in the first toy line since the figures were much cooler than in tv, but that really was a problem for me in the 2003 toy line, where they didn't respected the look of the show at all, and those designs were pretty cool, it was a shame.
Revoltech's are my favorite figures, though I just own 3 because they don't have many licenses I'm into, regardless, they're the ones I like the most in my collection, I'm really glad they got the TMNT license.
Man, finally: Accurate colors, heads, proportions and everything, articulated fingers, the displaying possibilities, Donnie's extra Bo with extendable blade, Mikey's spinning chuks and correct places to carry his weapons, and the extra heads are pretty cool and right out of the show.
One thing, I only see the visible eyes (with pupils and irises) in the basic heads which I'm guessing are movable as in other Revoltechs, and I wonder if they're gonna include another head with the serious white eyes, or maybe you can open the faces to change the eyes? Looking at the figures heads it seems likely. Also I'm guessing they're gonna come with more accesories, I'm hoping for climbing claws and shurikens.
I REALLY like the new series, but I just picked Playmates Leo and Mikey after hesitation over the horrible toes and inaccurate head shape, I specially disliked Raph's color so I passed on him. Why is Playmates still trying to recreate the classic toy look on these? I mean it isn't like the demographic these toys are intended for is familiar with the 80's line...
Was it really that hard to make accurate figures? I'm guessing yes, because it took 26 years for it to happen, thank you Kaiyodo .
A Revoltech Newtralizer with all the articulation and accesories would be awesome, but I don't think Kaiyodo will be expanding beyond the four turtles since most of the Revoltechs consist just in main characters/protagonists.
Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #136
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post

So these are about ML size?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #137
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
usually a bit smaller. But that may work well for the TMNT since they should be smaller than the humans.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #138
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Look at this comparision between Marvel Legends War Machine and the Bandai one

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=23705

The size will be SIMILAR but bandai could end up a little shorter in scale. A lot of my figma look a little on the small side compared to my ML stuff, as one example (figma isn't bandai, but there you go)

It's possible that they will be small enough to still scale FAIRLY WELL with existing Nick turtle figures... probably a little bigger but possibly not so large that you can't mix them.

Last edited by Zulithe; 05-12-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #139
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
actually made a pic once to line up with current toy lines..i should add Diamond Select and marvel legends to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
So since i know Scale has been in Question i wanted to take a pic of my current collector figures i own from the different companies to show the size differences

Old 05-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #140
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
actually made a pic once to line up with current toy lines..i should add Diamond Select and marvel legends to it
^ LOL @ play arts... JHC I hate the scale they chose for their stuff. Shame cause I really like a lot of SE's brands.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
japan