The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-05-2017, 03:57 AM   #1
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Is it time for a new sidekick for Shredder?

As much as I liked Karai, I'm sick of seeing her as Shredder's main sidekick/right hand. I wish they could use Karai in a different way instead of just standing next to Shredder the whole movie. It would have been cool to see her be on the neutral side, helping the heroes and the foot although Oots was too much in itself anyways so that would have juts jammed the plot. Honestly though, I wish they could make an original character other than making Karai Shredder's sidekick almost every version. In the 2003 (Unless you count Hun or Khan), IDW, 2012 (Pre Tiger Claw) and in the PD Movies (Unless you count Eric Sachs). Honestly, I know a lot of people will give me hate for this but I wish they would stop reusing Karai as Shredder's MAIN sidekick. Couldn't they just make her an elite student of her, not the 2nd top of the Foot Clan?
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:18 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Well there's really only been two movies where that's the case though, and they were rather poorly handled ones, so...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:43 AM   #3
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well there's really only been two movies where that's the case though, and they were rather poorly handled ones, so...
I was talking about many versions of the franchise but it sticks out most in the movies and IDW. I wish they could chose someone else as Shredder's Right Hand other than Karai almost every time. I would understand if she had been their in the beginning but she only appeared in some later Mirage comics as far as to my knowledge (Correct me if I'm wrong). Even as terrible as Sacks was, he was at least different and something new that the franchise hadn't really seen before since Tatsu.
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:45 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishface View Post
I was talking about many versions of the franchise but it sticks out most in the movies and IDW. I wish they could chose someone else as Shredder's Right Hand other than Karai almost every time. I would understand if she had been their in the beginning but she only appeared in some later Mirage comics as far as to my knowledge (Correct me if I'm wrong). Even as terrible as Sacks was, he was at least different and something new that the franchise hadn't really seen before since Tatsu.
But you posted it here rather than the general section, so it seemed as if your problem was mainly with the movies.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with with Karai being used almost every time, she's a good character and it's not like Tatsu or Khan ever had a personality. Sacks has a personality but then you remember that he's only Shredder's sidekick because the movie was edited to make him a separate character, when you remember that you'll wonder what the point even was. Characters like Hun or Baxter are also good but they kind of have their own thing outside of the Foot.

And Tiger Claw is... Well... I don't hate the character but he screams a lot of "This is my OC Tiger Claw, and he's a bounty hunter, and he has a freeze gun, and a laser gun, and jetpack, and an eyepatch, and a robot arm, and another lost body part, and he dresses like Cowboy, and he's Japanese, and he knows how to summon demons, and survived being eaten by a worm, and traveled across space and time... And did I mention he's a tiger?". He's kind of too fanfiction-y.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:38 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Armaggon and Verminator X from Archie are cool (even if it's more a group of villains than just sidekicks).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote