The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you rather
Have 2-3 more years of Rise of the TMNT 24 35.82%
Have Rise of the TMNT cancelled immediately and a new show in its place 29 43.28%
Dont Care 14 20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2020, 02:52 AM   #1
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant

Terrible Show

Can't wait for it to fizzle out so they can move on to something better. It will be a footnote in TMNT history
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:59 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The show is fantastic, I wouldn’t mind it going 5-6 seasons.

I was super skeptical of the voice cast, art direction and then show won me over being pure joy to watch.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:30 AM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm really glad you took some time out of your day to spread positivity in this already pleasant place.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:42 AM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

I would like to say "cancelled/replaced", but I haven't liked much of anything Nick has done with the brand at all, and they've been very open about their "fling sh*t at the wall" approach to generating new TMNT content. So it's about 80/20 that I'd dislike whatever the next show is, too. If anything, they'll probably skew even wackier and aim at an even younger audience.

So, Don't Care. Rise could've run for 5 years, I wouldn't have seen it, and I highly doubt I'll watch past the first episode of the next show either. All I care about TMNT for anymore is some of the toys. It's a "dead brand" to me since the Viacom sale, otherwise. It would take a lot to ever make me care again.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:48 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Hasn't the series already been cancelled?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:23 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Hasn't the series already been cancelled?
Probably. There are several signs that it has been cancelled such as being moved to a sub-network, not having aired new episodes in months without news of when it's coming back, international release being halted, etc. I think Nickelodeon has some policy of not announcing a cancellelation, which is presumably why we haven't heard anything about it ending officially.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #7
BlimeyBullhop
Banned

Haha very funny. I definitely haven’t seen this take before. I’m thankful that you had the bravery to create an entire thread to share this highly controversial and original opinion.

I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to live a life of such pain and suffering that you have to waste time, effort, and space to voice the already annoying and popular opinion in the very sub-forum dedicated to the show you’re hating on.
BlimeyBullhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #8
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The show is fantastic, I wouldn’t mind it going 5-6 seasons.

I was super skeptical of the voice cast, art direction and then show won me over being pure joy to watch.
I personally think 3 is a good enough for the show, the 11-minute segments give us some great world building so everything after that is a bit much imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyBullhop View Post
Haha very funny. I definitely haven’t seen this take before. I’m thankful that you had the bravery to create an entire thread to share this highly controversial and original opinion.

I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to live a life of such pain and suffering that you have to waste time, effort, and space to voice the already annoying and popular opinion in the very sub-forum dedicated to the show you’re hating on.
Don't worry in about 3-5 years this show will get a Batman The Brave and The Bold treatment where its hated during its initial run but after its ended will gain a cult following(not from this forum of course.)
Old 02-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pretty sure the show is ending after the second season, so there's no real point to discuss this anymore. I'm kinda surprised though it didn't even catch on with kids. It's understandable older fans didn't like it, but I did kinda think it would find a kid audience. Perhaps the problem is it started too soon after the 2012 series ended and those kids would have already outgrown it (they would be teenagers by 2018 ), and a new younger generation wasn't ready for it yet.

Nick really should have waited a few more years after the 2012 series ended before doing another reboot. There wasn't much of a "generation gap" in kids yet and that's probably also what screwed the show over.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:47 AM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The little bit of completionist in me that at least still would like to know what their ultimate end plan for this was in terms of the so-called arc, and the part that's willing to be fair to those that like it at least supports letting this thing finish it's second season. (But hurry up already.)

After that, let the cartoon side rest for a bit for a couple/few years before anything new (and preferably more along the lines of 2003) is announced. But definitely fill in that time with a decent film, and leaked/announced info in the production so there's something to talk about around here and try to look forward to. (Or wait around in fear and cynicism if that's your game.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #11
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 02-08-2020, 11:48 AM   #12
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm really glad you took some time out of your day to spread positivity in this already pleasant place.

I seriously had a knee-jerk laugh out loud response to this.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #13
BlimeyBullhop
Banned

Super Goku

Super Goku
BlimeyBullhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:12 PM   #14
cloud
Stone Warrior

Rise is now on Canada Netflix. I'm surprisingly enjoying the show. It's a fresh take with new villains. I normally have an issue with having too many mutants in the show like the 2012 show but I find the villains in Rise to be lots of fun.
It's a silly show but I don't mind it. I don't expect Nick to create another excellent show with a serious tone like the 2003 show.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #15
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I personally think 3 is a good enough for the show, the 11-minute segments give us some great world building so everything after that is a bit much imo.

Don't worry in about 3-5 years this show will get a Batman The Brave and The Bold treatment where its hated during its initial run but after its ended will gain a cult following(not from this forum of course.)
I find people will always whine and worry the shows representing their favorite characters isn't "cool enough". But ultimately that's what grown ups are thinking. Do kids like the show? I don't know. It's hard to tell what kids like these days.
But from what I can tell Brave and Bold was an amazing show using Batman to introduce lots of classic DC characters heroes, and villains to the newer audience and kids. Sure it's not Batman the animate series but it's so dated I and it doesn't hold up. People just failed to see that. (Didn't help when they went backwards on The New Adventures). I think now people are starting to see the value when they get a chance to enjoy Batman the Brave and Bold as a whole.
I think same with Rise. It's not going to make much sense at first but as individual episodes, it's a fun show with action and human.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:03 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

Holy sh*t, I went to go wrestle and missed a Goku sighting? Damn it!

I keep saying, man, no new members are necessary. 80% of them are goddamn Super Goku anyway.

I can't even imagine having no life to the point where you continually try to sneak back in the back door of a place you've already been sh*tcanned from a hundred times. Especially a place like THIS. This ain't like Buck Strickland trying to get back into that strip club where they serve the little cocktail meatballs or something. This guy obsessively tries to weasel his way back into a place so he can talk about cartoons. That is sheer f*cking lunacy.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:10 PM   #17
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyBullhop View Post

Relax I post once every 2 years
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:50 PM   #18
Roseangelo
Emperor

Rise isn't for me, but I'm glad it has an audience that enjoys it.

The thing I mostly loathe is how Nickelodeon went ALL IN on Rise and expressing any dislike of the series kind of got you shamed because you didn't give it a chance or you're not open to change, etc., etc.

I wish Nickelodeon could put out a show without having that version of the property take over ALL of the licensing. I realize that the retro stuff is available here and there, but I feel bad for kids who wanted to be a Ninja Turtle for Halloween, only to have mom go shopping and all that's available is the Rise style. This is the same mistake that was made for the Bay movies (and Fast Forward, going back even farther). Let kids just be standard Ninja Turtles for Halloween. It's ok.

I also think it was a mistake to use the Netflix movie opportunity for a Rise project. Now the show is pretty obviously cancelled and no one is going to give a flying flip about the movie whenever that comes out. And so the Rise movie will tank and we won't get another opportunity for what could be a unique TMNT animated adventure on Netflix.

Alas...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:04 PM   #19
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The thing I mostly loathe is how Nickelodeon went ALL IN on Rise and expressing any dislike of the series kind of got you shamed because you didn't give it a chance or you're not open to change, etc., etc
It's like that for everything nowadays. It seems to be a cultural way for a generation. It's all the same - labeling that someone is "afraid of change" is as much a manipulation as the "ist-a-phobe" labels. But what's worse than the label is that the idiot doing the labeling is actually also calling "you" dumb because they expect you to succumb to their manipulation.

I think all of this is part and parcel as to why the backlash on things like Rise is so strong from the people who don't like it. It's like... if you are going to label me for not liking your crap pop culture product, then I'm really going to hammer home why it sucks so badly. This as opposed to simply not watching it and letting it die on the vine on it's own.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:33 PM   #20
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The little bit of completionist in me that at least still would like to know what their ultimate end plan for this was in terms of the so-called arc, and the part that's willing to be fair to those that like it at least supports letting this thing finish it's second season. (But hurry up already.)

After that, let the cartoon side rest for a bit for a couple/few years before anything new (and preferably more along the lines of 2003) is announced. But definitely fill in that time with a decent film, and leaked/announced info in the production so there's something to talk about around here and try to look forward to. (Or wait around in fear and cynicism if that's your game.)
there is no one talented enough left in hollywood (or left with actual free reign to create and risk) to get us anything anywhere NEAR what 2003 turtles was.

The only thing I've really flat out enjoyed in nick tmnt era has been tmnt idw and batman vrs tmnt movie.

2k12 was too hit and miss for me. and I could barely get past the first episode of rise and have not looked back.

As far as I am concerned, TMNT as we knew it died when peter laird sold things off. just like with star wars. they would have to flush the offices of this new age talent and start fresh with something amazing to get me to care again.

hasn't happend yet.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote