The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-20-2016, 11:36 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I don't think I'll ever have any nostalgia of the show itself. Watching it with my kid brothers and looking up episodes on youtube, maybe.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I don't think I'll ever have any nostalgia of the show itself. Watching it with my kid brothers and looking up episodes on youtube, maybe.
Same here. I will never have any nostalgia for it. I have the same love for it and complaints when it aired and it likely will remain that way. It will never come close to my love of the 1987 cartoon, but I do like it better than the current cartoon. I still watch at least an episode every quarter. It gave me three arcs I have vested interest in and Agent Bishop, a favorite character of mine within the franchise.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

I have nostalgia for it. It aired back in 2003 which is now 13 years ago. I was only 16 when the show began.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I have nostalgia for it. It aired back in 2003 which is now 13 years ago. I was only 16 when the show began.
Hard to believe we're going through another TMNT generation as we speak. We've only waited about 2-3 years between the end of the 4Kids series and the beginning of the Nickelodeon one.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #25
DVD
Mad Scientist

It kick started at a time that I wasn't paying any attention to tv, so I totally missed it. Then during its second year, I'd moved over here.
Of course, that meant when I saw the toys in the local Carrefour store, I thought they were Chinese knock offs as they looked nothing like 'real' Turtles..
Then it wasn't till I found that season 7 DVD set that I even knew about it. So from my perspective it's a fairly new show.
That said, it's 12 years since it showed up, and a 5 year old kid then, would be 17 now. Give these, then 5 year olds another 5 years and there will be a resurgence in interest. So I'd say 2021 will be a big nostalgia year for 2K3 Turtles.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #26
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
similar. I was 13. Wanna re-watch it, but then I wanna watch a lot of things and have little to no time. Havent even gotten around to watching any of Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story,or Flash, shows I've been putting off but want to check out. First world problems I guess
Old 02-21-2016, 03:31 AM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I think public nostalgia will hit by 2020 when 2000's nostalgia kicks-in.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:33 AM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
similar. I was 13. Wanna re-watch it, but then I wanna watch a lot of things and have little to no time. Havent even gotten around to watching any of Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story,or Flash, shows I've been putting off but want to check out. First world problems I guess
Building huge backlogs for everything? That's the story of my life right there, man.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:04 AM   #29
dragonside
Hench Mutant

man i hope within the next few years (2-3years).

when there is a large revival of the figures in the line. I think its going to come, based on whats been going on.

statues of the mirage and fred wolf turtles are being made in the next year or so. The most logical "next one" would be the 2003 turtles. Which i LOVE.

I haven't felt nostalgia yet, but probably when more toys will come out, I'll have to do a full re-watch.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #30
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Building huge backlogs for everything? That's the story of my life right there, man.
Ha yup. Also gotta catch up the TMNT comics. On issue 50 now, but like 5 issues back. On a brighter note started watching Daredevil. It's freaking fantastic.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #31
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

I've always felt nostalgia for this series. It's the series that got me into TMNT, and for that, it will always hold a place in my heart.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #32
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I have nostalgia for this series. I was 17 when it began airing in Ireland. The tone of the cartoon reminded me of the Red Sky seasons from the OT which I liked. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me after seeing a few of the later episodes such as The Shredder Strikes. The intro blew me away when I first saw it. I never read the Mirage Comics, so everything that happened on the show was new to me. I loved the characterisation and storylines. It had a good mix of drama, action and comic relief.

Last edited by Wesley; 02-25-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #33
Penst0ck
Thug

Man, I was 10 years old when the show aired. I got back to watching it on youtube in my first year of collage in 2011, and it would always give me a nice dose of nostalgia wile I was out trying to be an adult for the first time.

I have been tempted to buy the dvd with the SAINW episode in it. I'm always worried TMNT 2003 won't be on youtube forever.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I have nostalgia for this series. I was 17 when it began airing in Ireland. The tone of the cartoon reminded me of the Red Sky seasons from the OT which I liked. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me after seeing a few of the later episodes such as The Shredder Strikes. The intro blew me away when I first saw it. I never read the Mirage Comics, so everything that happened on the show was new to me. I loved the characterisation and storylines. It had a good mix of drama, action and comic relief.
Yeah, it took me a while to get into the series as well.

I have nostalgia for the Turtles in Space and the Battle Nexus tournament arcs particularly.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #35
Turo602
The King of Kings

I'm definitely nostalgic for this show. It was the one I grew up with only being 7 when it started. Before 2k3, I only knew TMNT through the original movie trilogy and two episodes of the original cartoon on VHS. So having a brand new series to watch was a pretty big deal to me. I remember talking about it to my friends in school, arguing with my brothers about which show was better, getting my own TMNT toys and video games, etc. I was living the childhood my brothers would always talk about they had and it was great. TMNT is such a huge part of my life and it's all thanks to this show.

Last edited by Turo602; 02-26-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:46 PM   #36
Mew
Banned

I'll have nostalgia for it when I'm older.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:55 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

People fail to realize nostalgia isn't only from your childhood. You can have nostalgia for your teenage years too.

I was a teenager when this show was airing and I have nostalgia for it as a teen. I remember being in High School when it was originally airing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #38
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I'm definitely nostalgic for this show. It was the one I grew up with only being 7 when it started. Before 2k3, I only knew TMNT through the original movie trilogy and two episodes of the original cartoon on VHS. So having a brand new series to watch was a pretty big deal to me. I remember talking about it to my friends in school, arguing with my brothers about which show was better, getting my own TMNT toys and video games, etc. I was living the childhood my brothers would always talk about they had and it was great. TMNT is such a huge part of my life and it's all thanks to this show.
Hear, hear! My situation was similar to this, except I watched the movies after 2k3 started (I was 11 years old).

I had nostalgia for 2k3 as soon as it was cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #39
Phoenix Fire
Foot Soldier

I think its already becoming nostalgic for me. I recently went back and watched some of the first season and was surprised at how excellent the series looks. It holds up really well so far.

Once the generation that grew up with the 2003 turtles hits their 30's we will see some TLC for the series. Money always guides these things for the studios. It wont happen if there isn't money to be made.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #40
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I have it now. But If I wanna catch a few eps I just go on Youtube