The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 06:23 PM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It’s time for a culling of the villains. I want to see a bloodbath.
I'm down for that.

At this point, I think I'm finally in agreement with others; IDW TMNT has too many other supporting characters.

Whittle it down. Spin them off into side series or something. But too much is too much.

I enjoyed the issue somewhat, but I'm growing pretty tired of this feeling of "spend two pages checking in on THESE guys, spend two pages checking in on THESE guys, and spend two pages checking in on THOSE guys."
Old 08-28-2019, 06:26 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

A lot of the current villains have been around a long time too like prior to issue 50. I am also predicting Hun might die but I guess we’ll see. I do think there has to be some villain deaths soon but it won’t be Bishop or Karai so some of the lesser villains will probably go.

Especially since they’re setting up for Null’s arc to finally start after issue 100.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
A lot of the current villains have been around a long time too like prior to issue 50. I am also predicting Hun might die but I guess we’ll see. I do think there has to be some villain deaths soon but it won’t be Bishop or Karai so some of the lesser villains will probably go.

Especially since they’re setting up for Null’s arc to finally start after issue 100.
You can never have too many villains.

It's Harold, Lilly, Angel, Alopex, Jennika, Casey, April, etc, that are too many. Too many allies. Too much "family." That goes for Pepperoni, too.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #44
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Too many allies. Too much "family." That goes for Pepperoni, too.
How dare you. You monster.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #45
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Nah, no need to kill anyone. Just give them all a vacation. Or have the turtles take another trip into space.

I’m quite worried for Splinter and the kids. I’m getting flashbacks to the original Mirage Rat King story.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #46
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
How dare you. You monster.
Maybe you can write the IDW equivalent of "The Path" for Pepperoni?

(http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/...t-vol-2-9.html)
Old 08-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Villains are easier to kill, because unless they reform or change sides, villains have to be "defeated" eventually and this isn't like Batman where he just takes them to Arkham Aslyum to be locked up. They have to either be killed or done away with in some form. I mean they already did that to Shredder and Krang, they're both dead.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #48
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Villains are easier to kill, because unless they reform or change sides, villains have to be "defeated" eventually and this isn't like Batman where he just takes them to Arkham Aslyum to be locked up. They have to either be killed or done away with in some form. I mean they already did that to Shredder and Krang, they're both dead.
Yeah, but both Shredder and Krang had/have the potential for more good stories in them.

It's a lot harder to write a fresh take and a new interesting story on, say, the Joker, just due to the character's longevity in publishing.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:21 PM   #49
Damo
Random Punk

Honestly, wasn't a fan that Jennika's bandanna was just a belt that Alopex happened to snag. Not the worst way for her to get the iconic look, but I do think that could have been handled better.

Quote:
Pour one out for Yumiko and Mongo of the Elite Guard. Yes they had no character but their designs were cool.
Yeah, that's my biggest problem with this arc. The battle for the soul of the Foot Clan would be a great story idea... if more time had been spent fleshing out the rank and file. We kinda knew from early on that the odds were preeeetty firmly against Splinter holding on to the Foot Clan because the Foot Clan that Splinter took over never felt like... people. Yeah, Jennika was a step in the right direction - a big one - but a few very small interactions (like Leo having a chat with some minor-but-named ninja, or Mongo telling us his favorite joke) would have gone a long way. We got just a tiny hint of Yumiko and Mongo being actual characters the last two issues, aaaand now its over.

Quote:
I’m actually hoping all of Karai’s minions drop dead. The Turtles forgave Koya and Bludgeon way too many times and they keep coming back for another fight.
I would argue that Koya and Bludgeon are the only villains that should be allowed survive this. I'm more than tired of Karai at this point, and Natsu has proven herself the sort of person that will kill her family for "being dishonorable" then shoot an unarmed enemy that's fighting someone else.

But Koya and Bludgeon are something the book badly needs. Bludgeon cares about Koya, and Koya... reciprocates. A bit. They have a little shred of humanity, they care about someone other than themselves.

To put that in perspective, look at the rest of the villains. Shredder could've had a little more depth in this iteration, what with the childhood friendship with Splinter, but he's basically pure evil. Same with Krang. Baxter Stockman's pretty much pure evil too. As is Maligna. Bishop's so evil he shrugged off killing his own dad. And Null might be the purest evil of all. Most of the villains that had a little more to them, like Hobb, Hun, and the Triceratons, would probably be considered allies of some sort or another at this point. The only enemies that show any ability to really care about others are Bludgeon, leatherhead (a bit), and (in a very twisted way) Bebop and Rocksteady.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:41 AM   #50
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo View Post
Honestly, wasn't a fan that Jennika's bandanna was just a belt that Alopex happened to snag. Not the worst way for her to get the iconic look, but I do think that could have been handled better.
I think it would have gone an extra mile if these yellow-branded assassins had shown up before this issue, like maybe before Jennika was even mutated. The fact that there's three ninja out of nowhere wearing a lot of bright yellow just felt weird.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:21 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

The weird thing is how friendly the Turtles were getting with Koya and Bludgeon just a few issues ago during the truce, and then this happens. Or Bludgeon going out to kill the children. Koya also went crazy one too many times. These two never learn from their mistakes.

Also this feels like the umpteenth time the Turtles had to fight them, their fights with the Turtles are also getting a bit too repetitive that I don't want to see the same thing happen again after issue 100. I mean go back prior to issue 50 and they're essentially in the same place they are now. I wouldn't mind if they finally were killed off.

I get the weird feeling that like after issue 50, Karai/Koya/Bludgeon will just retreat somewhere to Japan again if Karai isn't imprisoned or something, and then it'll just be a re-tread of what happened during issue 50. They need to put a stop to them and bring the story to a point.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I think it would have gone an extra mile if these yellow-branded assassins had shown up before this issue, like maybe before Jennika was even mutated. The fact that there's three ninja out of nowhere wearing a lot of bright yellow just felt weird.
That was my biggest problem with the issue, too. OH NOW THEY'RE WEARING YELLOW, HUH!? WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

Quote:
The weird thing is how friendly the Turtles were getting with Koya and Bludgeon just a few issues ago during the truce, and then this happens. Or Bludgeon going out to kill the children. Koya also went crazy one too many times. These two never learn from their mistakes.

Also this feels like the umpteenth time the Turtles had to fight them, their fights with the Turtles are also getting a bit too repetitive that I don't want to see the same thing happen again after issue 100. I mean go back prior to issue 50 and they're essentially in the same place they are now. I wouldn't mind if they finally were killed off.

I get the weird feeling that like after issue 50, Karai/Koya/Bludgeon will just retreat somewhere to Japan again if Karai isn't imprisoned or something, and then it'll just be a re-tread of what happened during issue 50. They need to put a stop to them and bring the story to a point.
I trust IDW to do something interesting with Karai and her team after "City at War", and not just do something status quo. It might take a long damn time go get around to it, like however many issues were between "Vengeance" and "Karai's Path", but they'll get there.

Hmm. Maybe Karai becomes the Dragon, now that her soul is terribly tainted by the glowy red sword of evil and palling around with that giant damn mole demon?
Old 08-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #53
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I trust IDW to do something interesting with Karai and her team after "City at War", and not just do something status quo. It might take a long damn time go get around to it, like however many issues were between "Vengeance" and "Karai's Path", but they'll get there.
Remember, Bebop, Rocksteady and Anchovy are almost assuredly gonna be showing up at some point to help Karai take control of the city.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Remember, Bebop, Rocksteady and Anchovy are almost assuredly gonna be showing up at some point to help Karai take control of the city.
Damn, I forgot about that.

Weird.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

You can head canon Bebop and Rocksteady got lost on their way to Foot HQ’s. Either that or they just forgot.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #56
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You can head canon Bebop and Rocksteady got lost on their way to Foot HQ’s. Either that or they just forgot.
Judging by Karais comment in the epilogue to B&R Hit the Road, hopefully I'm guessing they appear after City at War to help Karai fully take control.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #57
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Well Shredder in Hell might make Shredder come back to life.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:30 AM   #58
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Quote:
That was my biggest problem with the issue, too. OH NOW THEY'RE WEARING YELLOW, HUH!? WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
I think this has more to do with us getting a preview of her bandana than any issue with the story. It only seems like a coincidence because we knew that she was going to get a yellow bandana ahead of time. Within the story, it makes sense that Karai's assassins would be wearing a different color than Splinter's, and it's symbolic since she used to be an assassin herself. If they had been wearing any other color, that would have been her bandana color, as all that was important was that she took it from a Foot assassin. We just knew it was going to be yellow, so when dudes in yellow showed up it was like, "well there it is!"
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:25 AM   #59
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Karai will kill splinter then i will return as a zombie kill the turltes and take control of the city! Then the series will end with me winning celebrating at the FOOT HQ!
Old 08-31-2019, 08:22 AM   #60
ChosenOne
Banned

And to top it off, those yellow-masked assassins will probably never show up again.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote