The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #28
AquaParade
Banned

At risk of sounding like I'm trying to piss on the parade, I think I was turned off by what I felt were some weak jokes, and the typical subpar animation by DC, despite noticing a few cool shots of Batman. It seems like they did try to get creative, even with the limited animation budget, which is appreciated.

Seeing Raph draw blood definitely felt good. I'll give it another shot and let you all know what I think.

For reference, when it comes to TMNT animation, I apprecite the 2k12 show, quite a bit for it's mix of humor, action, and serialized storytelling. I find the 2k3 series admirable for it's attempt to be faithful to Mirage, but too sterilized and compromised to be fully enjoyable. I like the original cartoon for it's lighthearted attitude, quirky soundtrack, and irreverant humor, but I don't have much interest in watching it outside of nostalgia sake.

I don't have any real interest in "Rise...", "Turtles Forever", or even half the episodes of the series in which I do enjoy. So I'd say I'm not an easy sell when it comes to TMNT cartoons, but I'm also open to seeing different sides of the franchise.

I guess my initial write-off was based off the fact that it felt a bit like TMNT 2k3 to me. A series which, while I 100% appreciate what they were going for, was more frustrating than satisfying, for me, due to limitations with censorship, budget, and runtime.

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-22-2019 at 10:46 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote