The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which OLD SCHOOL turtles should NECA do next?
The Next Mutation 6 23.08%
The Next Mutation FILM CONCEPT ART DESIGNS 3 11.54%
Image/Urban Legends 7 26.92%
Mirage Artist Series 7 26.92%
Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend 1 3.85%
MGM Studios 1 3.85%
Untouched video game (Specify) 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2023, 05:27 PM   #1
Powder
So tired of this place

Which VINTAGE Turtles Should NECA Do Next?

So we know that NECA focuses primarily on the nostalgia market, with recent exception of The Last Ronin. That being said, of the following options, which would you most like to see done next?

I know everyone wants contemporary 4kids figures, myself included, but they've shown little interest. 4kids isn't as old as some of the other yet to be tackled turtles, so I'm omitting them from the discussion.

The Next Mutation
The Next Mutation UNPRODUCED FILM (CONCEPT ART DESIGNS)
Image (Urban Legends)
Mirage Artist Series (turtles each done in the likeness of a different artist- Farley, Talbot, etc)
Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (the anime/manga)
MGM Studio costumes
Another video game (specify)

Hope I'm not forgetting anything. These are the only old school turtles from Turtlemania I can think of that they haven't done yet which have potential.

For me, it's a really close tie between Image & The Next Mutation. I want both, badly. That was one of my favorite eras of turtles, despite their unpopularity. I gotta go with Image, first, though. Love those "maimed" turtles.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:48 PM   #2
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Present day Jim Lawson Turtles would be awesome!
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:06 PM   #3
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Neca Image/ Urban Legends figures would be awesome and my first choice. With the un produced 4th movie figures being second choice. Next mutation 3rd. Mirage style first mission tween turtles with bandannas would be on point too.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:38 PM   #4
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

The Next Mutation series would be my vote.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 12:39 AM   #5
Wes
Mad Scientist

You can't put the anime Turtles on there and expect me not to vote for them. Gimme those buff green Wolverines!!!

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 06:02 AM   #6
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

A turtle in each major artist's style that worked across any of the comic books would be amazing. I voted Mirage artist series, but I'd love to see some IDW artists and other Archie Adventures art styles too!
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 09:23 AM   #7
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I think about the only one of those I could be suckered into personally would be next mutation (actual designs) for the goof factor.

I would also totally have bought a Game Boy LCD paint job of the arcade turtles in a Fall of the Foot Clan boxed set if they had thought to make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
A turtle in each major artist's style that worked across any of the comic books would be amazing. I voted Mirage artist series, but I'd love to see some IDW artists and other Archie Adventures art styles too!
Here's how I would prefer they market something like this, if they did it ---

A 4-pack of each individual turtle, with 4 different styles.

Because if they release 4 more 4-packs of turtles that all look identical to one another, I don't think I can swallow even one more of those.

But I'd definitely buy a 4-pack of Donnie in 4 styles, and, then I might even slowly be suckered into the rest.

And if they could manage this all at once, they would still get all those part re-use profits.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 02:14 PM   #8
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So we know that NECA focuses primarily on the nostalgia market, with recent exception of The Last Ronin. That being said, of the following options, which would you most like to see done next?

I know everyone wants contemporary 4kids figures, myself included, but they've shown little interest. 4kids isn't as old as some of the other yet to be tackled turtles, so I'm omitting them from the discussion.

The Next Mutation
The Next Mutation UNPRODUCED FILM (CONCEPT ART DESIGNS)
Image (Urban Legends)
Mirage Artist Series (turtles each done in the likeness of a different artist- Farley, Talbot, etc)
Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (the anime/manga)
MGM Studio costumes
Another video game (specify)

Hope I'm not forgetting anything. These are the only old school turtles from Turtlemania I can think of that they haven't done yet which have potential.

For me, it's a really close tie between Image & The Next Mutation. I want both, badly. That was one of my favorite eras of turtles, despite their unpopularity. I gotta go with Image, first, though. Love those "maimed" turtles.
Had to vote for the Next Mutation concept designs, would absolutely love to see those. Outside of the classic look it’s my favorite design for Leo. Maybe as part of the movie concept type of line they’re staring with yellow jumpsuit April?

After that it’s a tie between the TV series Next Mutation figures & Image/Urban Legends figures.

Honestly I’m expecting a Next Mutation 5-Pack to be next year’s SDCC item now we have the Samurai Turtles. And at the rate they’re now cranking out the Mirage line we may see some Urban Legends in thr not too distant future as well. At least I hope so!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:52 PM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

Finish out the Turtles games they already started. How long ago did they preview VG Traag and Granitor? They only did one Tournament Fighters. A few for the two arcade games. Let's get some Manhattan Project and hell, even Manhattan Missions.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:03 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This is EXACTLY what I want from NECA:

#1: RTNY Shredder with swappable helmeted head and no helmet/ponytail head.

#2: Berger Leatherhead, which is coming.

#3: Karai.

#4: Savanti Romero, which is coming.

#5: Baxter Stockman, which is coming. But man, I'd love to have Cyborg Baxter, too.

#6: Rat King, which is coming. Though I'd have preferred if they went with the version from CAW.

#7: Image TMNT. Since Mike is the only one without body modifications by the end of it maybe package him with Klunk and Dr. X. Or if it's a big 4 pack I guess it doesn't matter.

#8: NT:TNM TMNT. Why not? I'd put them on the wall, even for irony's sake.

After that, I dunno. A to-scale-with-NECA Cudley Cowlick would be awesome. Bloodsucker, which they probably can't do. Lady Shredder, I guess?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote