The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #9081
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Then what is? I'm not sure I understood.
Because those types of games are impossible to have intelligent conversations about. To a large majority of rubes, those kind of games are critic proof. They're the kind of games that haul in the "GOAT! OMG!" comments that are absolutely useless, personally speaking as someone who likes to look at games a bit more thoroughly than the general populace, or even the "hardcore" GAF types who make me sick to my f*cking guts.

They're the kind of games that get you jumped for dissenting (or even slightly less than masturbatory) opinions, because people put on the blinders and don't have the knowledge or the maturity to admit faults in things they like, or god forbid, the things they are required to defend as zealots for corporations who want to milk them for every dollar they have. The biggest communication block in most cases being their absolute adherence to the word of people who assign arbitrary scores to things. These same people will, of course, retort with arguments about corruption if said arbitrary scores don't meet the standards that allow them to continue being ignorant f*cks.

The worst part of all of it is that these people can't even EXPLAIN why something is good, or why it works well. They just say "Well, I liked it," and think that means anything worth a sh*t. If you can't defend your stance about something, in one way or another, then you just need to not say sh*t about anything, because what's the point? But that's an issue with human beings and the Internet in general. Too many people spend all their time in an echo chamber and lose complete sight of reality.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #9082
CyberCubed
Overlord

Even the PS4 Free DLC was disappointing. The Scarecrow bonus missions are nothing more than Batmobile races with a small boss fight. The Harley Quinn DLC was literally 20 minutes long, probably less because I was trying to get used to Harley's moveset.

I can't believe Arkham Knight has a $40 season pass. Anyone who buys that is a sucker. I might be tempted to buy the Batgirl DLC as a standalone but even then I know its going to be a ripoff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #9083
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

If the season pass story dlc is as long as the two free missions.....oh boy.

The only way it would be worth it is if there's 30 of them. (But...but extra race maps!)

On another note. What the f*ck is up with there only being 4 stealth and combat challenge maps but like 8 for Batmobile stuff? Did I miss an unlock somewhere?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #9084
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

Also, way to simplify that argument and create some nonsense narrative. Still a tool.
I did sort of sound like a dick in that post.

Sorry if you were offended, Peanut. I must have been cranky and you come across as an asshole sometimes which also played a role.

Last edited by AquaParade; 06-30-2015 at 10:01 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #9085
Peanut
Second Gear

I come across as an asshole because I am an asshole.

Anyways, I got J-Stars Victory VS+ today and I'm pretty hype about it. I hope the current feeling I have for it lasts, because right now I'm really liking it. I think it has very clear issues, but it's great fan service and I wasn't exactly looking for a crazy in-depth fighting game either. It's probably sh*tty to nitpick about the game too much, considering it's incredible we got it at all, but there are some things that really irk me, despite being what I'd call minor issues.

First, and probably most selfishly, the One Piece selections really annoy me. How do you get Luffy...and then 3 characters who haven't been seen in like 5 years as reps? Where the f*ck are the Straw Hats? Zoro? Even if they didn't want to put another badass swordsman in the game, what about a god damn giant cyborg pervert or a transforming reindeer? Also, Alabasta is the One Piece stage? It's probably the least interesting of all the big One Piece locales. What about Skypiea, Fishman Island, Punk Hazard or Sabaody? Why the boring desert city!?

Second, all the music is replaced. I'm not surprised by it, but it's still a huge bummer.

Aside from that I'm really enjoying playing as random characters I know nothing about, which is the majority of the roster. Playing as guys like Gintoki, Toriko and Gon make me want to go back to their respective animes and give them a longer shot.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:49 AM   #9086
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

So I was sitting on 98% complete on Tomb Raider, and as far as I could see, I'd collected everything, so I thought 'what gives?, What's a guy gotta do for 100% around here?'. Then I noticed that I hadn't upgraded all the weapons, which was a problem, because I'd seemingly stripped every map of caches and enemies. The only option I could see was to get 'salvage' from animals via the 'Bone Collector' skill.

I fast travelled to a camp where I had seen a lot of deer earlier in the game, shot one, and collected the salvage, for which I was awarded +12. With six weapons upgrades left to purchase at an average of 400 salvage points each, it was going to be a long and boring night.

I persevered. I discovered that if you shoot two or more deer with the same arrow, you get a points multiplier, which shaved some time of my murderous slog, and eventually Lara Croft stood triumphant and fully armed, atop a vast pile of deer carcases. Pleased with myself, I looked at my progress... 98%.

Turns out, I missed an area on the map because it was not accessible via fast travel, and therefore I did not collect all of the items. So essentially, I'm a huge jackass who literally spent hours mindlessly shooting deer for no reason. By the time I had fully explored the area I missed, I had incidentally collected enough salvage to purchase the weapon upgrades I needed earlier.

I have 100%, but at what cost? Many deer died to bring us this information.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #9087
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I come across as an asshole because I am an asshole.

Anyways, I got J-Stars Victory VS+ today and I'm pretty hype about it. I hope the current feeling I have for it lasts, because right now I'm really liking it. I think it has very clear issues, but it's great fan service and I wasn't exactly looking for a crazy in-depth fighting game either. It's probably sh*tty to nitpick about the game too much, considering it's incredible we got it at all, but there are some things that really irk me, despite being what I'd call minor issues.

First, and probably most selfishly, the One Piece selections really annoy me. How do you get Luffy...and then 3 characters who haven't been seen in like 5 years as reps? Where the f*ck are the Straw Hats? Zoro? Even if they didn't want to put another badass swordsman in the game, what about a god damn giant cyborg pervert or a transforming reindeer? Also, Alabasta is the One Piece stage? It's probably the least interesting of all the big One Piece locales. What about Skypiea, Fishman Island, Punk Hazard or Sabaody? Why the boring desert city!?

Second, all the music is replaced. I'm not surprised by it, but it's still a huge bummer.

Aside from that I'm really enjoying playing as random characters I know nothing about, which is the majority of the roster. Playing as guys like Gintoki, Toriko and Gon make me want to go back to their respective animes and give them a longer shot.
Unrelated question and I'm sure you've been asked before, but ever played any of the One Piece games? there was one for the Wii or the 3DS at least. Can't recall. Were they at least decent?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:14 AM   #9088
Peanut
Second Gear

I've played quite a few. There are a lot of One Piece games, most of which only released in Japan, and the majority of the newer (last gen) localized ones are incredibly difficult to find.

I've played a few of the Grand Battle fighting games on PS1 and the Gamecube, which aren't all that great. The Wii games are crazy priced, so I've never played them at all, but Unlimited World Red (for the PS3/Wii U/3DS/Vita) was a successor to those and I played a ton of it on both PS3 and 3DS. It's not incredible, but it's good and it scratches that OP videogame itch better than most. The 3DS RPG Romance Dawn is brutal, but I somehow logged countless hours in it, just because it's One Piece.

Aside from Unlimited World Red, the GBA game based on the 4Kids version is actually an incredible little action platformer and is probably one of the best One Piece games in terms of legit quality, but has a bunch of annoying 4Kids dub garbage hanging around in it. I'm also waaaay into Pirate Warriors, but I think that depends on your stomach for musou games. I personally enjoy them if I'm into the setting (Hyrule Warriors is a great example) because they serve up a metric f*ckton of incredible fan service. I enjoyed the first PW a lot, but the second one is probably my most played PS3 game by far. It's the only Platinum trophy I've ever obtained.

I'd honestly like to see someone put some real Naruto/DBZ style effort into a One Piece fighting game. I've never played either of them, but Naruto specifically seems like it has some legit quality to it.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:18 AM   #9089
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I've played quite a few. There are a lot of One Piece games, most of which only released in Japan, and the majority of the newer localized ones are incredibly difficult to find.

I've played a few of the Grand Battle fighting games on PS1 and the Gamecube, which aren't all that great. The Wii games are crazy priced, so I've never played them at all, but Unlimited World Red (for the PS3/Wii U/3DS/Vita) was a successor to those and I played a ton of it on both PS3 and 3DS. It's not incredible, but it's good and it scratches that OP videogame itch better than most. The 3DS RPG Romance Dawn is brutal, but I somehow logged countless hours in it, just because it's One Piece.

Aside from Unlimited World Red, the GBA game based on the 4Kids version is actually an incredible little action platformer and is probably one of the best One Piece games in terms of legit quality, but has a bunch of annoying 4Kids dub garbage hanging around in it. I'm also waaaay into Pirate Warriors, but I think that depends on your stomach for musou games. I personally enjoy them if I'm into the setting (Hyrule Warriors is a great example) because they serve up a metric f*ckton of incredibly fan service. I enjoyed the first PW a lot, but the second one is probably my most played PS3 game by far. It's the only Platinum trophy I've ever obtained.

I'd honestly like to see someone put some real Naruto/DBZ style effort into a One Piece fighting game. I've never played either of them, but Naruto specifically seems like it has some legit quality to it.
I'd like to see a solid fighting series for One Piece like DBZ: Budokai. That series was pretty well received by both DBZ fans and fighting games fans. A quick google search showed me that Koji Nakajima said a year ago that he'd like to make a One Piece fighting game. That'd be the tits.

And ye pretty sure I've seen the Wii U game at the electornics store before.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #9090
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Jim Sterling is an absolute f#cktard btw. No surprise he gave another sh!tty review...

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #9091
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

LMAO SOMEONE'S BUTTHURT...

Thank God for Jim Sterling!
Old 07-02-2015, 04:54 AM   #9092
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

He's OK - he can be a bit of baby sometimes. The Jimquisition is pretty good though - the quasi fascism theme is a cool idea.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #9093
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just played Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut on GameCube.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:01 AM   #9094
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Picked up Metro Redux for PS4 for $15, I really enjoyed Last Light so it'll be nice to be able to play 2033. Plus I might try to get a better ending on Last Light on a 2nd playthrough.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:18 AM   #9095
Prowler
Emperor

Been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 2011(MK9 I guess) on Steam in the last few days. Bought it during Steam's summer sale, but did not expect much of it. Turns out I actually have found it pretty enjoyable so far. It's my first MK since.... UMK3. I guess the fact that's 2d, aka back to the roots, caught my eye. And I also find it a lot better and more fun than any of the classic 2d MK games. There's still some flaws, though. Shao Khan and Noob Saibot are still pretty cheap. But hey, I've been able to beat Shao Khan with every character thus far. In MK3/UMK3 I couldn't even get past Motaro. Not to mention the AI in the classic MK games could be cheap as hell and even cheat, not just the bosses.

I'd love to give MKX a try sometime, but my PC can't run it and the port has quite some mixed reviews. Oh well.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #9096
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 2011(MK9 I guess) on Steam in the last few days. Bought it during Steam's summer sale, but did not expect much of it. Turns out I actually have found it pretty enjoyable so far. It's my first MK since.... UMK3. I guess the fact that's 2d, aka back to the roots, caught my eye. And I also find it a lot better and more fun than any of the classic 2d MK games. There's still some flaws, though. Shao Khan and Noob Saibot are still pretty cheap. But hey, I've been able to beat Shao Khan with every character thus far. In MK3/UMK3 I couldn't even get past Motaro. Not to mention the AI in the classic MK games could be cheap as hell and even cheat, not just the bosses.

I'd love to give MKX a try sometime, but my PC can't run it and the port has quite some mixed reviews. Oh well.

When you become bored with MK9, try out the Bosses mod before you quit it entirely. I found it rather amusing playing as Goro, Motaro & Shao Khan... their fatalities are decent too. Granted, you're practically unstoppable playing as them but it's still worth trying out for a laugh.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #9097
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Finally got Fallout 3 to work, so I've been playing that a bit.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #9098
THGhost
Puppet Master

Thought I'd give SWAT 4 another whirl, it's been a while. I can't believe this game is 10 years old, it still holds up pretty well.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #9099
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
When you become bored with MK9, try out the Bosses mod before you quit it entirely. I found it rather amusing playing as Goro, Motaro & Shao Khan... their fatalities are decent too. Granted, you're practically unstoppable playing as them but it's still worth trying out for a laugh.
Nah, I'm good. No fun being unstoppable with overpowered boos characters. Remember playing as them in Trilogy? You could power through everyone easily.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #9100
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Nah, I'm good. No fun being unstoppable with overpowered boos characters. Remember playing as them in Trilogy? You could power through everyone easily.
Man, I remember people would just spam Shao Kahn's shoulder attack in that game. That 'HWAHH' sound he makes still haunts my nightmares.

I was wondering if that would be the case with Goro in X, but I found the game harder to beat with him than anyone else I tried so far.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games