The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-09-2017, 12:39 AM   #1
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 04: End Times

It's come to this at last. The Shredder has been revived from the dead and now the Turtles have to face not just Kavaxas, but their worst enemy as well. How will they save the city?
Old 04-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Great episode. It could even arguably work as the series finale for the whole show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:25 AM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Too bad zombie shredder wasn't defeated by falling wood. I was really hoping for that
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:59 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Too bad zombie shredder wasn't defeated by falling wood. I was really hoping for that
OK, that was funny!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:25 AM   #5
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
i find it amazing that mikey pulled a bill and ted with the gum and the seal.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:46 AM   #6
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
very cool episode.

but where do they go from here?
Old 04-09-2017, 07:01 AM   #7
Vicky82
Emperor

I enjoyed this episode and this story arc.

I loved that Mikey saved the world

"I really did meet Megan Fox on that Rooftop"

Splinter hugging Karai and saying goodbye to everyone

It looks like that this will be Fishface and Rahzar last appearance. Fishface went back to his old life as a thief and Rahzar went to the Netherworld.

Rahzar wasn't alive after all, he was also Undead like Shredder and taking orders from Kavaxas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
very cool episode.

but where do they go from here?
It's the Turtle Tots episode next and then Renet and Savanti Romero returns, so the Turtles will be time travelling after that.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:49 AM   #8
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

It really felt like an entire episode with potential was skipped. Literally, the events with the Netherworld creatures summoned could've led to an additional final episode. Maybe if it were a five parter, they could've ended this with the demons summoned with a struggle against Ho Chan and Tatsu until Splinter showed up, end credits, then conclude in one more episode. Ho Chan and Tatsu really felt like afterthoughts, especially Tatsu.

It seemed Shredder went full circle though, almost redeeming himself to force Kavaxas back into the Netherworld. It was satisfying at the least, even if I prefer Owari being the end of his character. For some reason though, when Shredder struggled to throw Kavaxas into the portal it sounded like Leatherhead's voice, Peter Lurie, instead of Kevin Michael Richardson. The scream by Shredder was Richardson, but I don't know, my ears may have been playing tricks on me.

For being a multi-parter, End Times was a good conclusion for the first of seven major stories this season. However, I can't help but feel the pacing was a bit over the place. I already mentioned the Netherworld summoning, but maybe some bigger build with Tatsu in his debut, Kavaxas' motive (which felt tacked on personally), hell even Donnie vs Don Vizioso would've benefited from it. Even LH's ending line of "Tiger Claw has called for a truce" was almost tacked on, assuming it's the final time we see him and Fishface. (Rahzar is dead and Bebop and Rocksteady will return)

Otherwise, strong animation and voice performances. Thankfully Michelangelo saved the day for once, now if only Raphael can do the same this season; Leo and Don had their episodes in this arc, let Mikey and Raph get some limelight now.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Liked it a lot, though I'd have liked for this one to be twice as long and spend more time on the ghosts taking over the city. Kind of sucks waiting through the last commercial break and looking at the clock wondering how it's going to be wrapped up in 7 minutes or less... Good four-parter, but this last one - and coolest one - is kinda rushed to end it.

Very surprised that Shredder willingly went back, taking Kavaxas with him. I figured it would be Splinter who forces him back... but at least he did make an appearance like I hoped/figured. And at least he got to say goodbye. (Guess this might be the real end of him in the series? ) Little disappointed Kavaxas never truly got to turn on Tiger Claw, who I'd previously thought might have been dragged down too, but I guess he's having a change of heart instead.

Okay, new theory: Mikey sometimes sees small portions of other universe Mikeys' lives in his dreams.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #10
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Oh, my god. Auman. The first rule of storytelling: SHOW. DON'T. TELL.

Too many instances in this episode have characters pulling random elements out of their asses (Mikey totally called for backup while nobody was looking, guys! Oh, didn't you know that Kavaxas had to do all these specific things in order to become free? Yeah, we really did forget to build damn near anything up for this episode). And then there's Auman's golden line: "I feel so bad for him/her." Instead of just telling the audience that Leo has a burden (probably the easiest thing to show this character do), just show it in a meaningful scene.

Also, what was with that useless "look for the light in the darkness" BS? Besides that being the most immediate go-to "old wise wisdom" remark, nothing that happened in the climax reflected that at all.

There really is a lot wrong with this episode, but probably the worst aspect of it is that it tries way too hard to do everything at once. In one scene, it's a Leo episode, but then they completely drop that in favor for putting the focus on Casey for one scene, then suddenly Fishface gets a rushed closure, then it tries to do something with Tiger Claw I think, then Shredder is a puppet of Kavaxas but then kinda isn't or something along those lines, then Mikey is the one who saves the day, and then Splinter comes back to the realm of the living I think (??) and then leaves again. This episode is way too packed it can't even give adequate time to one single character.

The very point of an arc, writers, is to show a story building up over time. If one episode feels too packed but the other three aren't quite as packed, your first impulse should be to disperse these elements into other episodes, or even add an episode if it gets this bad.

Did anyone honestly think that ending was earned? Mikey used gum to stick a piece of stone together to stop dead guys from emerging and just kinda hovering there. Kavaxas didn't emerge and show his power and/or terrorize the city with it. This wasn't nearly as bad as either Kraang invasions, The Super Shredder killing Splinter, or, y'know, the entire f*cking world being engulfed by a black hole. And yet, somehow, this event that is tiny and insignificant in comparison to damn near everything else that's happened in this New York City warrants a melodramatic "book-end" type ending. Not only does it not make sense in the context of the episode, but it's the fourth episode of the season.

But, I will give props to Mikey. Mikey was easily the most entertaining part of this entire episode to me. Watching him steal the slab from Tiger Claw (with comically fitting sound effects alongside) and then find the broken slab later on and repair it using bubble gum honestly got some laughs out of me. And, of course, I always love it when this show takes a stab at the Bay movies, so I got a kick out of that Megan Fox joke.

Otherwise... hoo boy this is the second coming of Earth's Last Stand imo. What a disappointment (which is saying a lot, considering last week wasn't exactly a piece of art).
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #11
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Eric Bauza‏ @bauzilla 2m2 minutes ago

END TIMES.. Tiger Claw's last appearance. So grateful, to hav been a part of such an amazing series!! Thank You!!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #12
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

END TIMES.. Tiger Claw's last appearance. So grateful, to hav been a part of such an amazing series!! Thank You!!
Aww that's a shame, I guess that means no more Alopex as well.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #13
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Iam preparing my demon army now and soon we will attack evryone in new york city and kill the turtles and their allies. That why i went to underworld with the demon so we can prepare our attack on our enemies!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I will be back very very soon!!!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #14
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Iam preparing my demon army now and soon we will attack evryone in new york city and kill the turtles and their allies. That why i went to underworld with the demon so we can prepare our attack on our enemies!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I will be back very very soon!!!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #15
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah you will be back in season 6, so at the moment you can piss off and come back for season 6.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #16
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Aww that's a shame, I guess that means no more Alopex as well.
I think Alopex is in season 5. Then again, maybe it's just Tang Shen: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQBmW8_Fri4/?hl=en

Either way, pretty lame that they're not gonna properly follow up on Tale of TigerClaw.

Quote:
When is the hiatus over?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #17
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

"Hey guys, didn't ya hear? Tiger Claw made a truce!"

What a shame to end a character with so much potential in such a manner.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd be really surprised if this is Tiger Claw's last episode, maybe the VA doesn't want to spoil anything?

In any case don't see how this ep was rushed, the pacing was perfect. We don't need long drawn out events of the world being overrun by ghosts or Dead Shredder and Kavaxas roaming around for 20 episodes. They did it perfectly and it's about as much an ending I would have wanted for the show.

Also Splinter's final goodbye to both Miwa and the Turtles was fantastic, since he didn't get a proper farewell to them when he died. He now returned to the afterlife.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #19
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Stick a fork in yourself. You're done.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #20
matteso586
Stone Warrior

What are the odds that Fishface fled to the Caribbean?

Of all the dead villains, Kraang Prime, Rat King, The Hammer, Dregg, and Mozar didn't bother to show up.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote