The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

Tmnt Neca and Super7 Size Comparison

Hey everyone. I made a video to show how the Super7 Ultimates figures scale with the Neca toon figures. I did this because I like the toon Shredder design a lot more than the playmates/Super7 design. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/BgduN18X1Bo
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:39 PM   #2
italianice388
Stone Warrior

nice work, dude
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:36 PM   #3
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

Thanks, so far I’m really happy with both lines, but I think that toon Shredder is probably the best Shredder that ever was. He probably won’t scale with the human Super7 Tmnt characters like Casey and April, but he looks good next to Raph.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
mikey0
Foot Elite

More like arcade Shredder. Toon Shredder does not have that many blades on his metal shoulder pads and arm pads. The NECA Target 2-pack line is overrated. Shellheads are only praising the NECA Target 2-pack line because no other company is trying to make Fred Wolf cartoon characters.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #5
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
More like arcade Shredder. Toon Shredder does not have that many blades on his metal shoulder pads and arm pads. The NECA Target 2-pack line is overrated. Shellheads are only praising the NECA Target 2-pack line because no other company is trying to make Fred Wolf cartoon characters.
i have most of the early neca fred wolf line and it's a tough pill to swallow, but i think that's a fair take. mostly the shredder. best toon shredder we've ever had? yes. best possible? far from it. i do think we could do better. the canceled SH figuarts was looking amazing, and definitely like the better of the two between neca. maybe just a bit overboard on the articulation for my personal taste, but the sculpt and paint were awesome.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I pretty much only watch toy reviews to take a look at how figures scale. This saves me time.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #7
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Nice video.

For me the scales are ok in places but the aesthetics are so different that they just don't look good together. And that's actually great, I'm glad we have two amazing lines that each have their own merits.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #8
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
i have most of the early neca fred wolf line and it's a tough pill to swallow, but i think that's a fair take. mostly the shredder. best toon shredder we've ever had? yes. best possible? far from it. i do think we could do better. the canceled SH figuarts was looking amazing, and definitely like the better of the two between neca. maybe just a bit overboard on the articulation for my personal taste, but the sculpt and paint were awesome.

https://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...mic-Con-03.jpg
The SH Figuarts Shredder is a much bigger improvement over Target 2-Pack Shredder (I refuse to call him Toon Shredder). A user on here once said I only disliked the NECA Target 2-Pack figures because I could not afford them. The truth is I believe the Fred Wolf turtles deserve entirely new sculpts. Besides that point, there are too many problems with the Target 2-Pack line. For starters, they are exclusives to Target. Secondly, no one can ever find them unless you go to a deserted Target. Lastly, the head sculpts (the Fred Wolf turtles rarely clench their teeth) and paint are terrible. Krang isn’t white, he is pink. The black lines used to highlight the sculpts just ruins them.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #9
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The SH Figuarts Shredder is a much bigger improvement over Target 2-Pack Shredder (I refuse to call him Toon Shredder). A user on here once said I only disliked the NECA Target 2-Pack figures because I could not afford them. The truth is I believe the Fred Wolf turtles deserve entirely new sculpts. Besides that point, there are too many problems with the Target 2-Pack line. For starters, they are exclusives to Target. Secondly, no one can ever find them unless you go to a deserted Target. Lastly, the head sculpts (the Fred Wolf turtles rarely clench their teeth) and paint are terrible. Krang isn’t white, he is pink. The black lines used to highlight the sculpts just ruins them.
all fair criticisms, i think. plus, there's a ton of part sharing. that "toon" shredder is almost entirely the same as the mirage comic shredder they dropped, just with a new head and a cape.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:42 AM   #10
Scumbug
Random Punk

Useful toy reviews... what YouTube needs more of. Keep it up.
Scumbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:22 PM   #11
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Great video. Thanks.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #12
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

Thank you everybody I’m glad the video was helpful!