The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #2761
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
NECA put new images of Raph in box on their Facebook. You can clearly see two sais if anyone is curious.
I still dont see anything that says the hat is cloth/material and not a hard plastic piece.

I have seen several people say that here, but nothing solid.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #2762
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I just assumed the hat would be a soft plastic.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #2763
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I just assumed the hat would be a soft plastic.
I am really hoping that it is a cloth piece, but I just dont see it happening. I also think they should have just sold the accessory pack instead of it in anohter Raph.

On a side note, I will have a spare loose Raph if anyone needs it (loose ankle on 1 leg but still stands.)

Old 01-25-2018, 03:54 PM   #2764
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

It will be interesting to see if the market becomes flooded with Raphs for sale. If people are just going to keep the new accessories for their first Raph and put the new Raph up for sale. I’m considering doing that. Or sell the first Raph I got and just keep this second one. Hmm..
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #2765
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
It will be interesting to see if the market becomes flooded with Raphs for sale. If people are just going to keep the new accessories for their first Raph and put the new Raph up for sale. I’m considering doing that. Or sell the first Raph I got and just keep this second one. Hmm..
I bet it wont be flooded...I bet NECA releases the coat solo end of next year or something and people will gamble on that or just refuse to buy a second one

Old 01-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #2766
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I bet it wont be flooded...I bet NECA releases the coat solo end of next year or something and people will gamble on that or just refuse to buy a second one
Could be true. Can’t really blame NECA for working any and all angles they can.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:52 PM   #2767
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

I appreciate a company like NECA, you already know what company’s are charging for figures. Over $25 for a marvel figure. Over $100 for a 6” Mezco. Over $275 for a Hot toy 12”. I think I will stick with the Jersey boys!
Imperfections and QC issues and all. Have seen these issues across the board with all companies.
My 2cents, the hat will not be fabric.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #2768
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Gettin antsy for my mutagen. 9 days ago BBTS sent out the "we are getting ready to process this within the next 10 days" email. Still not in!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #2769
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Gettin antsy for my mutagen. 9 days ago BBTS sent out the "we are getting ready to process this within the next 10 days" email. Still not in!
Order from me from now on-mine are arriving at homes today. Still have some left if you want. Free US shipping.

Last edited by Coro; 01-26-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:44 PM   #2770
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

I know this isn't a thread for the NECA ooze, but I hope no one minds.

I just opened my ooze canister and there is a fair amount of "dirt" in the grooves on the end and also above the words "Radioactive Material". Is this dirt added for aesthetics or is it just poor quality control?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #2771
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
I know this isn't a thread for the NECA ooze, but I hope no one minds.

I just opened my ooze canister and there is a fair amount of "dirt" in the grooves on the end and also above the words "Radioactive Material". Is this dirt added for aesthetics or is it just poor quality control?
It's intentional weathering.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #2772
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
It's intentional weathering.
Thanks.

Not really a fan of it. I'd have been fine if they went whole-heartedly into the weathered/dirty look, but at the level they went with it, it just looks poor. It looks as if my sticky-fingered toddler picked it up and then it was left outside for an afternoon. There's a bit of dirt stuck to some areas where sticky residue exists.

I say go 100% pristine or really commit to the dirty look. Give the metal some scratches and add some patina to give it character. I can appreciate that they tried to do both by making half look very nice and the other half look dirty and cracked, but the wishy-washy middle of the road execution of the "dirty" side looks pretty poor in my opinion.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #2773
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

But I will say the pristine side looks very nice. I like the overall size and weight of it.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #2774
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Order from me from now on-mine are arriving at homes today. Still have some left if you want. Free US shipping.
just ordered from you Coro, best deal around
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:41 PM   #2775
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Got new info from BBTS. Interesting... they were told by NECA that the items were "double taped" which they say means that they had to be opened and re-sealed, by NECA, before shipment.

Anybody know why that would be? I suppose it could have been to insert the ooze, if the factory did not do that part... Were the ones you guys have received already double taped?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 PM   #2776
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Got new info from BBTS. Interesting... they were told by NECA that the items were "double taped" which they say means that they had to be opened and re-sealed, by NECA, before shipment.

Anybody know why that would be? I suppose it could have been to insert the ooze, if the factory did not do that part... Were the ones you guys have received already double taped?
I source my products directly from NECA just like BBTS does. None of mine were double taped, and I opened one for myself. They all appear to have been normally packaged with ooze.

What I WILL state is that the batteries were in a seperate bag inside the the case, but not the packaged ooze canisters. When I shipped mine out, I didnt open the packages and put batteries in each ooze canister package. It looks like an oversight by NECA, but also consider that the batteries require additional documentation for hazardous materials so maybe its related to that?

Old 01-31-2018, 06:09 PM   #2777
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
False alarm: it was the 1/4 scale Daredevils.
Hmm, I was with you up until this part...what u mean? The BBTS memo was a mistake and it was actually DD who was double taped?
Old 01-31-2018, 06:25 PM   #2778
Coro
Mad Scientist

Nope disregard

Old 02-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #2779
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Casey Jones masks and Trenchcoat Raphael are live now.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #2780
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
I source my products directly from NECA just like BBTS does. None of mine were double taped, and I opened one for myself. They all appear to have been normally packaged with ooze.

What I WILL state is that the batteries were in a seperate bag inside the the case, but not the packaged ooze canisters. When I shipped mine out, I didnt open the packages and put batteries in each ooze canister package. It looks like an oversight by NECA, but also consider that the batteries require additional documentation for hazardous materials so maybe its related to that?
Which is ironic since there is are hazardous materials logos/warnings all over the toy and its packaging...

So did you just not include the batteries when you shipped these out? So now I gotta buy batteries?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote