The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #241
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant
 
RaphaelsIsolation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 392
Thank you, I will be using this list as my definitive list.

Thanks a bunch for this. I appreciate the time that went into this.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #242
bloodmetaldonor
Mouser
 
bloodmetaldonor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: berkeley, ca
Posts: 5
so this one is a stretch. kinda. anyhoo, there's a 2 page tmnt comic in the newest (jan-feb 2013) lego club magazine. yes it's silly, as you should expect a comic aimed at 5-7 year olds to be, but i know there's at least a few other completists out there that would want this info.

here's a pic of the zine cover (you're looking for the issue on the right): http://coolandcollected.com/wp-conte...legoclub-1.jpg

and here's a sneak peek photo from the same site: http://coolandcollected.com/wp-conte...legoclub-2.jpg
bloodmetaldonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #243
Venom
The Silly Symbiote!!
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmetaldonor View Post
so this one is a stretch. kinda. anyhoo, there's a 2 page tmnt comic in the newest (jan-feb 2013) lego club magazine. yes it's silly, as you should expect a comic aimed at 5-7 year olds to be, but i know there's at least a few other completists out there that would want this info.

here's a pic of the zine cover (you're looking for the issue on the right): http://coolandcollected.com/wp-conte...legoclub-1.jpg

and here's a sneak peek photo from the same site: http://coolandcollected.com/wp-conte...legoclub-2.jpg
Thank you, it's definitely something for the list!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #244
Orisue
Foot Soldier
 
Orisue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Riverside,CA
Posts: 103
Lol I tried to do this myself the other day, took forever when comparing it to what I had! Glad I found this thread! Definitely will make it easier!
Orisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #245
Triceraton Jones
Random Punk
 
Triceraton Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portsmouth U.K
Posts: 34
Thanks for the awesome list, definitely going to be using this on a regular basis.

I did notice that you have missed "Hero Comics 2012" from the IDW checklist. The first four pages are a short TMNT story written and drawn by Kevin Eastman.
Triceraton Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #246
JMMedia
Random Punk
 
JMMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 33
Has this been noted?..... Should this count? Maybe.... Probably not..... http://imageshack.us/a/img14/695/cardbackah.jpg
JMMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #247
Rat_King
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMedia View Post
Has this been noted?..... Should this count? Maybe.... Probably not..... http://imageshack.us/a/img14/695/cardbackah.jpg

While it is neat, I honestly wouldn't add it to the list.
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #248
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,661
Please add "The Savage Dragon/TMNT (1993) Ash Can Edition" to the list

Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #249
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Please add Savage Dragon/TMNT Crossover #1 ASH CAN Edition to the list
That's a sweet book, isn't it? Did you get that from the recent Mirage Studios auctions? Can't believe what those are going for.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #250
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
That's a sweet book, isn't it? Did you get that from the recent Mirage Studios auctions? Can't believe what those are going for.
I did indeed. The way I figure it is that I spend so little on the vintage collection these days, that dropping a little bit of coin when something DOES pop up that I don't have doesn't really bother me. Were you in on the fun today? I figured you'd probably be my competition

I'm not surprised really. Ash cans are historically the most expensive books. I mean, GG1 and 2 are technically ash cans. Turtlemania can be considered an ash can as well. The Birds the Bees and the Turtles, too. All Ash cans, all terribly expensive.

The Flaming Carrot ash cans seem to be the exception after someone flooded the market with them a couple years ago.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #251
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I did indeed. The way I figure it is that I spend so little on the vintage collection these days, that dropping a little bit of coin when something DOES pop up that I don't have doesn't really bother me. Were you in on the fun? I figured you'd probably be my competition
Nice pickup. You don't see a lot of them come around anymore.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:10 AM   #252
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior
 
Sofistocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 639
^ I watched the ends of both those Mirage auctions. It is a great feeling when you don't bid on an item, then watch the last 10 seconds turn into a melee.

However, when that happens and I AM bidding, it's the pits...

I keep an archive of stuff "I shou'd've won". Prob should delete it for sanity's sake...
__________________
Make like a tree and get outta here.

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #253
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofistocat View Post
^ I watched the ends of both those Mirage auctions. It is a great feeling when you don't bid on an item, then watch the last 10 seconds turn into a melee.

However, when that happens and I AM bidding, it's the pits...

I keep an archive of stuff "I shou'd've won". Prob should delete it for sanity's sake...
Why should you have won it?
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #254
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,622
Pretty sure he just means he wishes he would have.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #255
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I'm not surprised really. Ash cans are historically the most expensive books. I mean, GG1 and 2 are technically ash cans. Turtlemania can be considered an ash can as well. The Birds the Bees and the Turtles, too. All Ash cans, all terribly expensive.
I know the feeling, the Usagi ones quite often go for a decent amount as well, although everyone dropped the ball on one of the Usagi ashcans I got years back that sold for a measely $3 alongside another comic.

Never seen that particular ashcan before (the Savage Dragon crossover) and probably best I hadn't while the auction was running as the final price might have made me cry a little... bad enough trying to save for SDCC here...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #256
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I know the feeling, the Usagi ones quite often go for a decent amount as well, although everyone dropped the ball on one of the Usagi ashcans I got years back that sold for a measely $3 alongside another comic.
Wow what a deal. I sold my yellow Space Usagi one last year for nearly $150. Not sure how good of an idea that was. I haven't seen it on Ebay since.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #257
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,111
Yes, it was the yellow Space Usagi ashcan I refer to above
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #258
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior
 
Sofistocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Why should you have won it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Pretty sure he just means he wishes he would have.
I did not bid on either item, though congrats if you won either of them. I know the last minute of each auction was stressful to bidders.

I simply meant there are some auctions I wished I had not gotten beat out in the last few seconds. There is an Uncanney xmen vol 1 #131 signed by J. Byrne from a year ago that still bothers me.

To say I "should've" won is narcissistic and warrants me thanking you guys for pointing that out...


Happy 4th Of July to all the Technodromers
__________________
Make like a tree and get outta here.

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #259
Venom
The Silly Symbiote!!
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Please add "The Savage Dragon/TMNT (1993) Ash Can Edition" to the list

Spoiler:
THANK YOU! I contacted Erik Larsen about this a couple years ago and he swore up and down that it didn't exist, that it was for the Jim Lee action figures.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #260
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,622
Are you off in the head? Stop posting ridiculously off topic nonsense in all the threads you visit. Knock off the triple posting while you're at it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.