The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 02:45 AM   #41
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

so who currently has the rights to this ie is it inculded in the Nick deal ? can other compneys like say discotek subliscance? what has to be done to get this to the rest of the world on DVD ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:25 AM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
so who currently has the rights to this ie is it inculded in the Nick deal ? can other compneys like say discotek subliscance? what has to be done to get this to the rest of the world on DVD ?
Considering how the Fred Wolf cartoon still belongs to Fred Wolf and Next Mutation still belongs to Saban, I'd say it probably still belongs to the producers who made it. BTW, the same goes for the 90's movies.

I'm pretty sure the only things Nickelodeon bought was the back catalogue of comics and the 2003 show.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #43
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Considering how the Fred Wolf cartoon still belongs to Fred Wolf and Next Mutation still belongs to Saban, I'd say it probably still belongs to the producers who made it. BTW, the same goes for the 90's movies.

I'm pretty sure the only things Nickelodeon bought was the back catalogue of comics and the 2003 show.
could have sworn they also paid for the name and trade mark ?

still if thats not the Case then discotek could in fact bring this to the West !
Old 01-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #44
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
could have sworn they also paid for the name and trade mark ?

still if thats not the Case then discotek could in fact bring this to the West !
Next Mutation still belongs to Saban. Distribution rights to the Fred Wolf cartoon belong to Lionsgate but I do think Nick owns some rights to the cartoon.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #45
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I do think Nick owns some rights to the cartoon.
No, they don't. They can use as a basis for new material, maybe even produce a shot for shot remake if they wanted, but they can't claim a dime on any profit made from re-releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Lionsgate Home Entertainment and Fred Wolf Films own the rights to the show, and they have been responsible for the DVD releases.

Neither Mirage Studios nor Viacom, the current owner of the franchise, own the rights to the 1987 television series, so Lionsgate and Fred Wolf are not under any obligation to inform them of future releases.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

The TMNT anime was never even dubbed in the U.S. back in 1995 when it came out and the Fred Wolf show was still on the air. If we didn't get it released officially back then, obviously now we never will.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #47
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The TMNT anime was never even dubbed in the U.S. back in 1995 when it came out and the Fred Wolf show was still on the air. If we didn't get it released officially back then, obviously now we never will.
not true - if its not stuck in some legal hell hole then these guys could do it !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discotek_Media
Old 02-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #48
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
No, they don't. They can use as a basis for new material, maybe even produce a shot for shot remake if they wanted, but they can't claim a dime on any profit made from re-releases.
Ah ok, thanks for correcting me on this.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #49
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just watched this anime for the first time and wanted to post about it.

It's actually really good! It's pretty obvious these OVAs were just made to sell those toys, buy they managed to make a couple fun and interesting stories. These were some very humorous episodes that I actually found funny.

I also found myself attached to the characters of Crys-Mu and Dark Mu. They were interesting additions, but it stinks they didn't have better introductions other than the little blurb at the beginning. They should be used in another iteration.

Kinzou Hattori was also a cool character.

The interactions between Shredder and Krang were also hilarious.

The mixing of FW and traditional anime animation made for interesting visuals that were well executed.

Overall a cool and relatively unknown part of TMNT history, that I ended up enjoying a lot.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #50
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just watched this anime for the first time and wanted to post about it.

It's actually really good! It's pretty obvious these OVAs were just made to sell those toys, buy they managed to make a couple fun and interesting stories. These were some very humorous episodes that I actually found funny.

I also found myself attached to the characters of Crys-Mu and Dark Mu. They were interesting additions, but it stinks they didn't have better introductions other than the little blurb at the beginning. They should be used in another iteration.

The mixing of FW and traditional anime animation made for interesting visuals that were well executed.

Overall a cool and relatively unknown part of TMNT history, that I ended up enjoying a lot.
You'll probably enjoy the manga series, if you haven't already seen it!
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/05/tmnt-manga.html

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:52 PM   #51
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, I've seen those various manga series, but never actually dedicated the time to read through 'em. I definitely will now!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:35 AM   #52
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post

I loved them, way more then the FW show (Yes, I don't really like that one, guss it's just not my kind of humor ), loved Krang and how he treated Saki, loved the new forms (they are some of my favorite figures from my collection, especially the Saint Seiya rip-offs and their transformable armours, and lets not forget the amazing intro by none other then Hironobu "Dragon Ball" Kageyama.

All in all I would love for a whole show of this, it's bonkers sure but I think it would work really well.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:16 AM   #53
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've read that manga series, it was an interesting read, the art style is cool and some of the stories were funny, it is neat to see how the Japanese interpreted tmnt when Toei animated season 1, giving some scenes in the fred wolf show an anime esque look to them and one of April's design inspirations being Fujiko Mine from Lupin.

The fairy characters were cool and I love the theme song for this ova, one of the dragon ball singers did the vocals for it
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, japan, super turtles, turtles