The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #721
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
From a technical standpoint not much that was offered was actually "new" in last years set. The turtles themselves were repainted arcade turtles and the bad guys were retooled from the Mirage/arcade sets as well. So the only new pieces we got in last years set is Krang, his bubble walker, shredder's can of mutagen, the blaster rifles, the turtle comms, shredder's comm unit, the grappling hook, raphael's sai and finally the collectors case. Everything else is reuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
There was also the new accurate Foot Solider heads and arms, which really did make them almost new figures by comparison.
Shredder also had a new head, extra open hands,a new torso and a shirt piece
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #722
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Did I read correctly that we have seen cases of these Neca exclusives popping up on sites like Big Bad Toy Store?

Anyone care to comment on how common this has been or have a guess at when it could happen?

Thanks
i have seen the 30th anniversary set on BBTS and popcultcha.com but that was it

i have seen the arcade set on places like alibaba.com

IDK if we will see the movie set
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #723
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah, BBTS had the 30th 8-pack for $300, hence why I didn't buy it there cause it was going for $270-ยค280 on eBay and I daddled too long of the extra money was worth it to buy it from a proper store
Old 06-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #724
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i have seen the 30th anniversary set on BBTS and popcultcha.com but that was it

i have seen the arcade set on places like alibaba.com

IDK if we will see the movie set
Hope so. Although I wonder if had something to do with ordering more sets to repair peoples damaged sets.

I thought their license allowed for sale online and in specialty or comic shops. So maybe that is what BBTS and popcultcha.com are considered.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #725
Zog
Hench Mutant

Man there are so many sets on ebay it kind of sickens me.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #726
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
There's only about a hundred of them and an additional 225 have been sold. Out of a potential 3,500 units that were sold this past week I'd say that is a fairly narrow margin. Only roughly 10% or so.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #727
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Hope so. Although I wonder if had something to do with ordering more sets to repair peoples damaged sets.

I thought their license allowed for sale online and in specialty or comic shops. So maybe that is what BBTS and popcultcha.com are considered.
I doubt it. I bet some of the employees bought multiple set to sell on the sites. I think if they were licensed to sell they wouldn't have been such a markup. BBTS sold for over 300

Plus I think they only had 1 or 2 to sell
Old 06-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #728
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm surprised nobody is talking about the 900 set that already sold 9 times SMH
Old 06-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #729
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It is sickening but more sickening that I'll have to give one of those scalpers my business if I want a set. This is so annoying.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #730
Wes
Mad Scientist

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if for next year (or, heck, for NYCC) they rereleased this set, but with multiple heads for each Turtle a la the Playmates classic releases. Also, since the extra heads would include the Turtles' looks in TMNT II, Vanilla Ice would come packaged in the set as well.

Aaaaand now I want a set of variants based on the Coming Out of Their Shells tour.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #731
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I saw a seller on Ebay who sold 5 of these sets.

This doesn't bother me at because I didn't have any plans to get these, but I can see how it would be issue for someone who really wanted one.

Last edited by TMNTFanatic4Life; 06-11-2018 at 11:25 PM.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #732
Coro
Mad Scientist

They arent really selling as high as you guys make it sound. I went and looked at what is selling and its about 240 for the turtles and 250 for the diorama. Thats high, but you guys made it sound a lot worse.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 AM   #733
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

250 for the diorama alone is pretty nuts
Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #734
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

SDCC exclusives ALWAYS list for AT LEAST TWO TIMES the price on eBay in the lead-up, and wind-down from the con. ALWAYS. There should be no shock, awe, or surprise here.... Same story every single year. After the wind-down is over, then it's anybody's guess.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #735
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
250 for the diorama alone is pretty nuts
do you mean JUST the diorama? not including the 4 figures? wow.
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #736
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

A $250 free shipping eBay listing would mean the seller could be profiting as little as $65 by the time eBay, PayPal, and the shipping service have taken their chunks. I did the math, almost posted it, but...you figure it out, I did...you might learn something. It could be even less if he opts to insure it at the total the buyer paid because who knows what whiners will complain if one of the box corners gets dinged up by a postal worker who trips over the box while fleeing from ICE.

ERMAGRD, $65 (or less) profit for "doing nothing"! But wait...that seller may have a day job where the amount of time it takes for him to manage this listing, pack, and reship is worth about that much to him. And he might be paying con admission and wasting his con time in line to get it.

The real money on eBay is when you can sell for MORE than 2x cost, not when you sell for 2x or less. If you had ever tried selling on eBay you would know that.

And there's a $225 listing active right now with free shipping and Best Offer. Market is coming down already... If you want it to drop further, DON'T buy any, and convince everyone else to NOT buy any, and it will.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #737
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
And there's a $225 listing active right now with free shipping and Best Offer. Market is coming down already... If you want it to drop further, DON'T buy any, and convince everyone else to NOT buy any, and it will.
That $225 is for the diorama only, I believe. The basic Turtles set is still selling for at least $250-260 shipped, with some sets continuing to go for more than that.

Last edited by predaking000; 06-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #738
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

I would say 250 is a decent price for a diorama. especially since you could only buy it in a bundle

200 for the turtles is pricey but still not insane.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #739
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
That $225 is for the diorama only, I believe. The basic Turtles set is still selling for at least $250-260 shipped, with some sets continuing to go for more than that.
I know, the dio-only listings are what everyone was just complaining about up there so that's what I was referring to. But it doesn't matter what it is because the dio is $125 and so is the figure set. So either one is the same math.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #740
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
Quote:
I know, the dio-only listings are what everyone was just complaining about up there so that's what I was referring to. But it doesn't matter what it is because the dio is $125 and so is the figure set. So either one is the same math.
In the first few days, the dio sets were selling for $400 total shipped. Now that a lot of people have paid/are paying $250 just for the Turtles, sellers are wising up to the fact that they could get $500 if they just sell the diorama and figures separately.

You mentioned that the market was coming down. My point is that it's holding steady, if not increasing just a tad based on what people are asking for the dios.

I emailed BBTS to ask if they were going to carry the set. They said they didn't know, and that if I could, to try to get it where I can. I don't know if that's just the company line...though I wouldn't be surprised to see leftover stock there later. Joel's got his fingers in a lot of pies.

As far as your breakdown of eBay seller costs, that's accurate, at least to someone who sells quite a bit on eBay (me).

Last edited by predaking000; 06-12-2018 at 07:08 PM.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote