The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2017, 04:39 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

First look at Rise

So Nickelodeon just released a new clip and I must say, it was bold of them to make April even younger this time around. I'm not really a fan of it, I think we were all a little skeptical when the current show decided to make her a teenager and now she's a straight up kid? I know Nick just wants the target audience to connect to the character but she does seem way too young this time around, I don't just want to see April fooling around like a little kid. I don't think anyone else is pleased with them going for a Platinum Dunes inspired series, those movies weren't met with praise or even financial success, so why even emulate them? Maybe they were too far into production when they started or maybe the crew just really liked the movies, who knows. I'm not really a fan of the actors either, they give a rather stale performance at best and the editing doesn't help either.

Over all, I'm not impressed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmCPg4I2Zs8
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:43 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Dude! You got me so bad I'm mad right now.

I read your whole paragraph in anticipation and it sounded legit. When you mentioned April getting younger I started worrying. When you mentioned it being like Platinum Dunes I started dreading this would be the new Next Mutation. Dont ever scare me like that ever again lol
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:54 AM   #3
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So Nickelodeon just released a new clip and I must say, it was bold of them to make April even younger this time around. I'm not really a fan of it, I think we were all a little skeptical when the current show decided to make her a teenager and now she's a straight up kid? I know Nick just wants the target audience to connect to the character but she does seem way too young this time around, I don't just want to see April fooling around like a little kid. I don't think anyone else is pleased with them going for a Platinum Dunes inspired series, those movies weren't met with praise or even financial success, so why even emulate them? Maybe they were too far into production when they started or maybe the crew just really liked the movies, who knows. I'm not really a fan of the actors either, they give a rather stale performance at best and the editing doesn't help either.

Over all, I'm not impressed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmCPg4I2Zs8
*Will assume it's an April Fool's joke*

Too unbelievable to be true.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Spoiler:
Nope, not looking.... If its a trick, I am very glad. But, for what it's worth, you were quite convincing. Playing on everyone's worries like that... *tisk*
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

I had this thread idea too, but I was actually gonna create art for it & make it really legit.

Your sub-par efforts beat me to it & deflated my enthusiasm. Boooo.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I had this thread idea too, but I was actually gonna create art for it & make it really legit.

Your sub-par efforts beat me to it & deflated my enthusiasm. Boooo.

If it makes you feel any better, I can lazily find some artwork that matches my description. Let's see here, what did I bring up... An even younger version of April, painfully obvious PD copying and wooden acting. Let's see what I can find:

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Hey, even if it's PD turtles, I'd totally watch a Gashi-Gashi cartoon.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote