The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #8961
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
idk how many coins I've got, but hopefully I can get *something* I'll enjoy.
i've only got like 120 so i won't be getting anything

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:33 PM   #8962
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'll get Paper Mario once I have the coins.
I've been blessed enough to have built up 1350 coins, so I will probably redeem them for five 250-coin games and end up with 100 points left over unless I pick up some extra codes.

I'm definitely going to get Doc Louis's Punch-Out!, Paper Mario, and probably Majora's Mask. My top two candidates for the other games are Excitebite: World Rally (WiiWare exclusive) and either Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 (never actually owned either of those games on a cartridge, believe it or not), but I'm really curious as to whether the original N64 control schemes for those latter two games would translate well to the Wii Classic Controller. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post
Pretty nice selection of games on Club Nintendo, for sure. I got Dr. Luigi, Doc Louis's Punch Out!, and Super Mario 3D Land. I'm waiting until I get my Wii-U Game Pad back before I download Dr. Luigi and Doc Louis's Punch Out!,
Hmm... I'm a little confused what you mean. I've already got Doc Louis Punch Out! but you haven't downloaded it yet? Why wait for the Wii U pad? Isn't it playable on old Wii mode only?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 02-03-2015 at 08:13 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #8963
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've been blessed enough to have built up 1350 coins, so I will probably redeem them for five 250-coin games and end up with 100 points left over unless I pick up some extra codes.

I'm definitely going to get Doc Louis's Punch-Out!, Paper Mario, and probably Majora's Mask. My top two candidates for the other games are Excitebite: World Rally (WiiWare exclusive) and either Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 (never actually owned either of those games on a cartridge, believe it or not), but I'm really curious as to whether the original N64 control schemes for those latter two games would translate well to the Wii Classic Controller. Any thoughts?

Hmm... I'm a little confused what you mean. I've already got Doc Louis Punch Out! but you haven't downloaded it yet? Why wait for the Wii U pad? Isn't it playable on old Wii mode only?
I've got the codes written down. Now that you mention it, I kind of forgot that I wouldn't need the game pad to download Doc Louis's Punch Out!. I'm going to do that now. The screen on my Game Pad broke, so my friend is fixing it, and it's currently at his house. He's already repaired it, he just needs to send it back to me. I'll download Dr. Luigi when I get that back.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #8964
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I've got the codes written down. Now that you mention it, I kind of forgot that I wouldn't need the game pad to download Doc Louis's Punch Out!. I'm going to do that now. The screen on my Game Pad broke, so my friend is fixing it, and it's currently at his house. He's already repaired it, he just needs to send it back to me. I'll download Dr. Luigi when I get that back.
Ugh. I dread the idea of breaking my own Gamepad since you can't buy a replacement at retail, and it would probably lead to having to buy a whole new console. Hope your friend is able to help you out. How much do you like Dr. Luigi compared to all the various incarnations of the Dr. Mario franchise?

View my sketch work!
Old 02-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #8965
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
well i plan on signing up for Nintendos next loyalty program whatever it may be. Clun Nintendo had a great run imo

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #8966
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Oooooookay...
Now it's clear to me why Nintendo wants to phase out the product registration and satisfaction surveys.

To the best of my knowledge, I always tried to be honest and thoughtful when I filled out the Club Nintendo surveys.
Hey, I was totally being honest. Nothing I want more than to kiss Professor Layton.

Thoughtful? Not really.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #8967
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Ugh. I dread the idea of breaking my own Gamepad since you can't buy a replacement at retail, and it would probably lead to having to buy a whole new console. Hope your friend is able to help you out. How much do you like Dr. Luigi compared to all the various incarnations of the Dr. Mario franchise?
I know it! I looked them up on E-Bay and a Game Pad by itself goes for around $200! Luckily I only had to pay $27 for just the screen. My friend was successful in repairing the Game Pad. He showed me a video of it the other night and it seems to be working fine. Thing is, he lives in a different state than I do, so I'm just waiting on him to mail it back. He's been having Kidney Stone problems at the moment, though. As for Dr. Luigi and Doc Louis's Punch Out!, I just remembered that it won't be possible to get them until I get my Game Pad back because I changed the internet on my Wii-U to my friends internet when we last hung out (via his Game Pad), and we never changed it back to mine before I left. Oh well, I have other games I'm playing right now anyway, those two game wait.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #8968
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I just remembered that it won't be possible to get them until I get my Game Pad back because I changed the internet on my Wii-U to my friends internet when we last hung out (via his Game Pad), and we never changed it back to mine before I left. Oh well, I have other games I'm playing right now anyway, those two game wait.
Might be just as well, since it seems that Club Nintendo is being crushed by excess traffic these last couple of days.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-04-2015, 01:12 AM   #8969
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since I had all the 3DS games they listed in physical form, and I own literally all of Nintendo's big NES, SNES and N64 games already there wasn't much for me to chose from.

I went with these:

- Doc Louis Punchout (only way to get it)
- HarmoKnight (GameFreak developed, heard good things and never played it)
- ExciteBike World Rally (Wii remake of the NES Excitebike, even better than the 3D Classics one for 3DS)
- Super Mario Land 2 (own in physical form but I want all Gameboy games digital)
- Wario Land 2 (same)
- Earthbound (was always planning on getting it but just never got around to it, since its free for me why not?)
- Dillion's Rolling Western

I already had Sakura Samurai too, and as I said I already own all the N64 stuff so it would be redundant to get it again.

I wish they had the 3DS version of Mario 3 from the Virtual console though they only have the Wii-U one up. I would have gotten that because portable NES Mario 3 = amazing.

A pretty good haul now to wait to see what the Platinum reward is as I hit that as well. I've gotten so many free games from Club Nintendo (literally more than half the stuff on my 3DS I've downloaded for free), so I'll be sad to see it go.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:25 AM   #8970
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

i ordered the zelda pouch, i was tempted by the MM bag but I know I wouldn't use it :T it's nice for what it is though.

so now i have about 1000 coins left and i'll be chosing a few games. i might get star fox 3d cause you can't buy it new anywhere now, though some local gamestops have it for about $27, which isn't too bad...

but i ordered a 64gig microsd for my New 3DS XL soooo i have way more space than i know what to do with, throwing star fox on there is a non issue

probably use the rest of my coins on more 3ds stuff and hope that the gold/plat free gift has some really good games to pick from

Oh, and technically i'm not yet platinum... i need about 100 more coins, so I ordered captain toad (60 coins), now i just need to find another 40 coins... might buy them off ebay
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #8971
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
but i ordered a 64gig microsd for my New 3DS XL soooo i have way more space than i know what to do with, throwing star fox on there is a non issue
Can't you only use up to 32 GB?
Also, where are you guys finding used Star Fox 64 3D at GameStop? I've been looking for that, Kid Icarus, and Ocarina of Time 3D all over and all mine have is that Big Hero 6 game and 3D Land.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #8972
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

Oh, and technically i'm not yet platinum... i need about 100 more coins, so I ordered captain toad (60 coins), now i just need to find another 40 coins... might buy them off ebay
The NES Remix Pack for Wii U should earn you enough. Just don't forgot to take the product post-play surveys for an extra 10 coins like I've tended to do a few times!

View my sketch work!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #8973
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Okay guys, Gold and Platinum Club Nintendo rewards apparently revealed? (just speculation -- this news is just breaking)

Looks like they are amiibo!

http://cpsia.nintendo.com/101324/101324.pdf
http://cpsia.nintendo.com/101327/101327.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
Can't you only use up to 32 GB?
Also, where are you guys finding used Star Fox 64 3D at GameStop? I've been looking for that, Kid Icarus, and Ocarina of Time 3D all over and all mine have is that Big Hero 6 game and 3D Land.
you can use larger than 32GB but you have to format the card into Fat32 instead of the default (which I think is xfat.) The only reason nintendo says you can't use larger than 32GB is because they don't want to have to explain to people how to format the cards, apparently.

Check out this guide!

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2015/...r-3ds-sd-card/

This guide will also show you how to transfer all of the data from your old 3DS's SD card to your new 3DS's microSD, if you don't want to do it wirelessly... and I suggest you avoid the wireless route if you have a lot of data on your 3DS because the wireless transfer is SLOOOOOOW i've read reports of it taking over 12 hours for some people.

Quote:
The NES Remix Pack for Wii U should earn you enough. Just don't forgot to take the product post-play surveys for an extra 10 coins like I've tended to do a few times!
Thanks for the suggestion!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #8974
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Okay guys, Gold and Platinum Club Nintendo rewards apparently revealed? (just speculation -- this news is just breaking)

Looks like they are amiibo!

http://cpsia.nintendo.com/101324/101324.pdf
http://cpsia.nintendo.com/101327/101327.pdf
Holy sh*t! I just saw this and I hope to god up in heaven it's true. Ultimate way to close out Club Nintendo.

Images, because those links no longer work.

Spoiler:
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #8975
Powder
So tired of this place

Wow, that would be really cool. I hope to snag another game or two before the 20th so I can be sure to qualify (& to have extra coins to register that I may get additional game downloads).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #8976
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I don't think those amiibos have yet to be confirmed as Nintendo of America Club N rewards. But it would be cool if they were. I've yet to get any of the series since they don't really interest me as either toys or game enhancers. But it would be cool to own something that makes the rest of the gaming world jealous. Ugh... the Club Nintendo site is so gonna be crippled by excess traffic once again if/when those rewards go live.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #8977
snake
Disgusting

Do elite status gifts have to be purchased with coins or are they free for getting the status?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #8978
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Do elite status gifts have to be purchased with coins or are they free for getting the status?
Free. No coins are involved in the redemption process. You pick what you want and they either get your shipping address or give you a download coin for your game of choice.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #8979
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Free. No coins are involved in the redemption process. You pick what you want and they either get your shipping address or give you a download coin for your game of choice.
Oh wow. Any news when the amiibo will be up? I imagine traffic is gonna be bad.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #8980
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Oh wow. Any news when the amiibo will be up? I imagine traffic is gonna be bad.
Again, I don't think it's been officially confirmed.

Club Nintendo rewards are supposed to remain available between April 1 and 30:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=8926

View my sketch work!