The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 06-18-2006, 11:37 PM   #21
Shadow_Ranger
Mouser

Some news trickled down to me the other day. The TMNT trailer will be screened at Comic Con this year. Also the film's release date was annoucned. March, 30th 2007!
Shadow_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:06 AM   #22
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ranger
Some news trickled down to me the other day. The TMNT trailer will be screened at Comic Con this year. Also the film's release date was annoucned. March, 30th 2007!
check out the new toon section I posted it a week or so ago...but no ones really paying much attention.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #23
mplspunker
New Recruit

i dont think this new movie is gonna be good, but i still am interested in seeing it.
if any of you guys dont like the new ninja turtles series, and like the older ones better you can download the whole series right here, all 194 episodes!!

[Edit: Sorry, but episode download links are against the rules. --Krang]
mplspunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #24
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplspunker
i dont think this new movie is gonna be good
Why not? The CGI looks great. Far superior to having guys in suits like the previous movies ....
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 AM   #25
Stimor
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen!
Why not? The CGI looks great. Far superior to having guys in suits like the previous movies ....
it is not superior, and just because someone bashes or says mean stuff about the cgi one there is no reason to turn against the old ones just to guard & protect! or something
Old 08-28-2006, 10:17 PM   #26
IMJ
Emperor

Check out the movie "Zathura". That movie was very successful at making good use of CGI right where it should be... COMPLIMENTING standard effects, not overtaking them. When too much CGI is used, things begin to look surreal and it's harder to suspend disbelief.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #27
iris
moddy mod mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ
Check out the movie "Zathura". That movie was very successful at making good use of CGI right where it should be... COMPLIMENTING standard effects, not overtaking them. When too much CGI is used, things begin to look surreal and it's harder to suspend disbelief.
I'm a pretty tough customer when it comes to CG quality, but I disagree with that. I think CG shouldn't be glorified as a special effect (*ahem* to how many bad movies), but it can be great on its own.

This TMNT movie is done like a moving comic strip, not like live action. It's not CG trying to be live action (because yeah, that's lame).

Last edited by iris; 08-28-2006 at 10:38 PM.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #28
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
I'm a pretty tough customer when it comes to CG quality, but I disagree with that. This TMNT movie is done like a moving comic strip, not like live action. It's not CG trying to be live action (because yeah, that's lame).
Oh, I totally can see that and respect that. Really though, my comment was aimed more at support for Stimor who posted above me. Now to direct the conversation back to the TMNT movie in particular where your thoughts were lying, I'd only say that my issue with this is that Cartoony CG people seem to work (i.e., Monster House), but in a movie like TMNT the turtles may actually suspend disbelief more than the "real" people. So far the only movie to really come close was FF: The spirits within.
That being said, I think that this movie may be better served as a live action with CGI turtles. If inhuman creatures are more believable in CGI than supposed human beings, then the movie would look better with real people. If people don't look believable in CGI, then the movie will suffer from rendering them in a movie that is supposed to be taken seriously (as opposed to Monster House - an outright comedy.
Understand though, these are preliminary thoughts; obviously the finished product isn't present to make a real judgment on.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #29
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ
...but in a movie like TMNT the turtles may actually suspend disbelief more than the "real" people. So far the only movie to really come close was FF: The spirits within.
That being said, I think that this movie may be better served as a live action with CGI turtles. If inhuman creatures are more believable in CGI than supposed human beings, then the movie would look better with real people. If people don't look believable in CGI, then the movie will suffer from rendering them in a movie that is supposed to be taken seriously (as opposed to Monster House - an outright comedy.
See, that's why I think this will turn out OK - the humans are also being done in a "cartoony" (aka: stylized) CG style. Kinda like the Incredibles, from what I've seen so far. So I think the humans in the movie won't be all that jarring when put next to the Turtles. At least, I hope so.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #30
Turtle Ninja
New Recruit

tmnt cgi its gonna be sweet!

the new tmnt cgi will kick a** i cant wait 3-30-07 it will be a good day they are also releaseing the game on that date it will be so awsome i hope its like the trailer i seen of it and more i have been waiting for a new tmnt movie i am glad its in cgi it will be new and different. i think they are takeing the series in the right direction.
Turtle Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote