The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Muckman episode is better?
Muckman Messes Up (OT) 2 28.57%
The Noxious Avenger (Nick) 3 42.86%
About the same 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Better Muckman episode: Muckman Messes Up vs. The Noxious Avenger

After watching today's episode and as I type this watching the classic OT episode, I find quite a bit of similarities between the two. They both start with a plot involving mutagen and both involve Bebop and Rocksteady invading a lab seeking some mutagen, each consisting of a special ingredient. Both mutations take place in an alley near a garbage can where mutagen is dropped from a lab. In the OT, it's Bebop & Rocksteady, but in Nick, it's done by the Turtles. The Turtles are of course watching their favorite TV shows for each series: Crognard for the Nick toon and watching another monster movie in the OT. Both involve a Channel 6 crew that want to see that the Turtles are evil. Both even have a screaming blonde woman screaming help! Of course in the OT the threat of the Turtles being wanted by Channel 6 goes away quicker thanks to April's reporting skills and Shredder does assist Bebop/Rocksteady. April of course gets kidnapped in the OT. Donatello does research in both versions and while in the Nick series mutagen itself is an ingredient, both versions involve a special forumla: Compund X-7 in the OT and another similarly named forumla with the mutagen in the Nick episode. Another key difference is that Splinter gets kidnapped and is threatened to be destroyed by Shredder in the Technodrome. That said, both sums up what Raph says when the Turtles see Muckman for the first time in the OT: "Just what this show needs, more mutants!" That said, which is the better episode?

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 04-26-2015 at 10:02 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Ot

Ot all day, not even close
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Nick one is better, but I have a sense of fondness for the original as they go to the Technodrome and battle Foot Soldiers with Muckman.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comparison, episode poll, fred wolf series, nick tmnt