The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think what people want, is a TMNT game that plays like the original games.
No, normal people don't want TMNT: Final Fight Clone Game #32. Only nostalgiacs want that, and only because that's what TMNT 2-27 were like.

I'd love to see a kind of remake of TMNT 1 on NES with 3D maps and even more involved gameplay.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #82
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think what people want, is a TMNT game that plays like the original games.
Nobody in the TMNT fandom can even agree on what the word "original" means let alone what they want.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #83
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Nobody in the TMNT fandom can even agree on what the word "original" means let alone what they want.
What I'm saying is, I think people want a TMNT game that's 2D and be traditional, There been a lot of Retro style games out there,
Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
What I'm saying is, I think people want a TMNT game that's 2D and be traditional, There been a lot of Retro style games out there,
For... nostalgiacs. No mass market appeal, niche low-cost, low-profit market only.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #85
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
For... nostalgiacs. No mass market appeal, niche low-cost, low-profit market only.
They should make a TMNT game like that Scot Pilgrim game, which pays homage to 8-bit video games.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #86
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
I'd love to see a kind of remake of TMNT 1 on NES with 3D maps and even more involved gameplay.
Me too. The 1st one was actually my favorite of them all. In the end, it wasn't that hard to beat, and the difficulty just added to what made it a good game.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #87
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
They should make a TMNT game like that Scot Pilgrim game, which pays homage to 8-bit video games.
I think we should be wanting something new as opposed to a return to the old days. Just a standard 2D beat em up won't cut it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #88
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I think we should be wanting something new as opposed to a return to the old days. Just a standard 2D beat em up won't cut it.
They tried a few times doing a 3D TMNT game, and many of the reviews were hating on them, They need to make a TMNT game that gives people what they want, and not half ass it.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #89
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Anything reminiscent to the side scroll beat'em ups would be awesome. When I think vidro games that is what first comes to mind. As a superhero title it serves best in that vein. Good characters to serve as bosses also make the game.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #90
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I was thinking of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue for Gameboy and Wayforward's semi recent Danger of the Ooze. TMNT 1 has some shades of it too, yeah.
Yeah, that's probably the only game I can think of that truly plays in the "Metroidvania" style. TMNT1 on NES strikes me as somewhat unique but fundamentally an action platformer.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #91
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
They tried a few times doing a 3D TMNT game, and many of the reviews were hating on them, They need to make a TMNT game that gives people what they want, and not half ass it.
Because they were simply beat em ups and nothing more. You can only get away with it for so long. The best game would be to incorporate different aspects, elements, and possible other genres into one cohesive game like the Batman Arkham series, for example.

I do like Andrew's idea, though. It'd give the game a Breath of the Wild type of feel to it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 AM   #92
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

If you want more brawling TMNT games, look into OpenBOR. There's a bunch. Some are even pretty alright.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:50 AM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Correct.

Quote:
What people? The 30 year olds who are waiting for some kind of replication of "Turtles in Time" yet again, or some generic hipster/nostalgiac Final Fight clone again, like all of the other games in the 90s? No.

Current fans have no idea what kind of TMNT game they want, because there has been no kind of "good" TMNT game in the present or foreseeable past. You come at it with an innovative vision and the fans will rally.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #94
Maelxich
Thug

Quote:
I am a huge fan of platinum games and the Arkham series mutants in manhattan should have been my dream game and out of the shadows should have been at least a decent arkham clone most action games now are anyway. Both games had major hiccups though like platinums weird design ideas like ninjutsu with cool down instead of a classic super move or power up meter their other games are none for and out of the shadows was a buggy short game

People have been asking for arkham and dmc style tmnt games for a while we just got poor attempts

Quote:
Correct.

What people? The 30 year olds who are waiting for some kind of replication of "Turtles in Time" yet again, or some generic hipster/nostalgiac Final Fight clone again, like all of the other games in the 90s? No.

Current fans have no idea what kind of TMNT game they want, because there has been no kind of "good" TMNT game in the present or foreseeable past. You come at it with an innovative vision and the fans will rally.
I agree somewhat people were a little disappointed in both mutants in manhattan and out of the shadows for what kind of games they were I liked both as I think tmnt can fit most genres and fit those two the best the fan base is divided in this way however I think out of the shadows had a great idea have an optional arcade style mode for the fans for that classic tmnt gameplay
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #95
AquaParade
Banned

The opportunity with Platinum games was as great of a shot as you could hope for, when it comes to getting tmnt back into the gaming world.

Perfect developer for the game, great look taken from the current comics. Too bad it was low-effort project, because it sure dampens future prospects.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #96
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Too bad it was low-effort project, because it sure dampens future prospects.
It's really unfair that the TMNT keep getting most companies' "C-Team"...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #97
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The opportunity with Platinum games was as great of a shot as you could hope for, when it comes to getting tmnt back into the gaming world.

Perfect developer for the game, great look taken from the current comics. Too bad it was low-effort project, because it sure dampens future prospects.
The problem is, the game was developed by a different devision of Platinum Games, It wasn't the team that made games like Bayonetta or Transformers Devastation, It was the team who made The Legend of Korra, Which was poorly received.

When you have a game being developed by a team of a game that gotten a ton of bad reviews, that new game is gonna suffer the same fate.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #98
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's really unfair that the TMNT keep getting most companies' "C-Team"...
It's sort of a self-defeating circle. The next TMNT game will get another C team and another low budget because the previous games did badly, and the game after that will get the same treatment because of the same reasons.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #99
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

It's too bad, since hearing "Platinum is making TMNT" and "Wayforward is making TMNT" were great things to hear and then oh right it's not gonna get the time/money it needs to actually be good.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #100
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
It's too bad, since hearing "Platinum is making TMNT" and "Wayforward is making TMNT" were great things to hear and then oh right it's not gonna get the time/money it needs to actually be good.
Cause they will have the other division who had done previous bad games work on it, TMNT needs a developer that actually cares, and puts a lot of time and effort to make a game that everyone and the critics will love, and not make a game that's just a cash grab.

Tags
activision, video games