The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Papenbrook
> Krakenbrook ✂
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ✮ I'm inside my own head! ✮
Posts: 1,595
Starbucks to undergo "Racial-Bias" Training

Yes, really.

Let's see how well this goes ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,878
Not needed since 80% of Starbucks employees have degrees involving racial studies
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #3
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,262
Not around here they don't. Our local Starbucks mostly employs teens or young people right out of high school. Some are probably in college, but most certainly not for racial studies. Around here, it's mostly nursing/medical studies.

That said, our local Starbucks closed today for this, and because of it our own store was slammed for coffee drinks because of it. In fact, their manager, who is one of my regular customers in the mornings, came by an told me about the closing, and came by while the "store staff meeting" had let out for a short break. The funny part is- when she comes over here to order, all she gets is a frappe!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,807
Pretty sure FWL was taking a dig at the "snowflake crowd".

As in, "Lots of people currently under 25 completely wasted their college experience by getting a useless degree like Racial Studies. Which is why they're working at Starbucks, and why they'll still be working at Starbucks when they're 50."

Unless I'm reading too much into it. I hope not, because it seemed like a really subtle jab and was legit one of the most clever things I've seen today.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,397
Subtle? clever? FredWolfLeonardo's post?

Where's that J Jonah Jameson laughing video?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:45 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Pretty sure FWL was taking a dig at the "snowflake crowd".

As in, "Lots of people currently under 25 completely wasted their college experience by getting a useless degree like Racial Studies. Which is why they're working at Starbucks, and why they'll still be working at Starbucks when they're 50."

Unless I'm reading too much into it. I hope not, because it seemed like a really subtle jab and was legit one of the most clever things I've seen today.
You're right. If true, that's the best post from FWL I've ever seen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:46 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
was legit one of the most clever things I've seen today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You're right. If true, that's the best post from FWL I've ever seen.
Thank you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:59 AM   #8
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Subtle? clever? FredWolfLeonardo's post?

Where's that J Jonah Jameson laughing video?
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:48 AM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I can't quite tell whose side you're on
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.