The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'd like to get Gamora back, but I think it'd be more compelling not to get her back.

Everyone else that wasn't ashed needs to stay dead. Unless a Vision/Scarlet Witch movie is in the works... at this point, Wanda's kind of lacking in supporting characters. Dead brother, redacted father, and now a dead lover.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:45 PM   #42
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I actually think it might be possible that Vision could be restored through non-magical means, if Shuri was able to download his consciousness to a Wakandan hard drive before Corvus Glaive interrupted her work on Vision, so in A4 they can just make a new (albeit likely less good) body for him. Honestly whether or not they decide to bring back the Vision probably depends on Paul Bettany's desire/willingness to sign on for more movies and Marvel Studios' longterm story plans

And I agree about Gamora's death, that one has a large likelihood of being reversed. At this point we know that some members of the Guardians of the Galaxy's roster are going to be cycled out but we have no idea who yet. I think Nebula is the most likely one to try and sacrifice themself to switch places with Gamora's soul

Even with Loki's death, we've seen him pull shenanigans before and fake his own death, so we can't be entirely sure that he's gone, and at one point Thor almost longingly wishes that Loki was just tricking him again, but deep down he really knows that Loki's gone, and I think we the audience can assume that too because Marvel needs to make way for new villains at some point and the end of the first three phases of films is as good a time as any and Tom Hiddleston has been playing Loki for a while now, so I think Loki''s death is probably gonna stick
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:28 AM   #43
Mayhem
Foot Elite

The person responsible for reversing Thanos' actions in the comics has only been teased in the films so far, so unless they are going to introduce that person in the second half... it may fall to Captain Marvel to be that person instead.

But you could be correct, we haven't seen Hawkeye and Antman (they were name checked by Natalia as being under house arrest, but we know they are probably in hiding somewhere) so they may well appear in part two.

Also, how are Stark and Nebula getting off Titan? Maybe Nebula can jury rig one of the crashed ships, she is mostly technology herself, and Stark knows a thing or two heh... I'm guessing he may not re-use the new Ironman suit immediately.

You can probably see it... CM turns up...

"So, you're telling me that you've been gone since before the first invasion of Earth, and Fury didn't tell any of us about you? The sly dog!"

"What do you mean... FIRST invasion of Earth?!"

"Ah, kid, you've got a bit of catching up to do..."
Old 05-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #44
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

New Potential Avengers 4 Leaks

Okay so if you've seen Avengers: Infinity War and you love the MCU as much as me than you've probably been hypothesizing what exactly will happen in Avengers 4.

Here's a handy recap of the plot of Infinity War from Wikipedia to refresh your memory

Now, here's some interesting news regarding potential plot leaks for the still untitled Avengers 4

Avengers 4 Leaks Get Support From A 2-Year-Old Interview With Marvel Directors

Quote:
Warning! Not even the Avengers can save you from the possible spoilers below for Infinity War and Avengers 4.

If you’re still reeling from the end of Avengers: Infinity War, take solace in the fact that you’re not alone in your misery. You, like everyone else, still have to wait a year for the second half of the story, which will take place in the Russo brothers’ upcoming, still-untitled Avengers movie.

Or do you?

An interesting idea popped up in the Marvel spoilers subreddit this month, after user ilurkthingsreborn claimed to have access to an inside source with intelligence on the upcoming movie.

Specifically, intel on the fate of Captain America and the weapon he’s hinted at wielding for some time.

Now, stay with us here, because in the world of leaks things can get complicated quickly. A bit of background information:

An account with the name ilurkthings existed prior to the ilurkthingsreborn version, and it leaked accurate plot points about Infinity War weeks before the movie’s release, apparently revealing details about the post-credits scene and Spider-Man’s death in Iron Man’s arms. That account has since been deleted, but you can still see remnants of it when Redditors refer to ilurkthings leaks.

This new account, ilurkthingsreborn, is allegedly the same person(s) using the same Marvel source(s). Subreddit moderators have allowed this May 1 post to remain in the forum for more than a week; they’ve given no indication that ilurkthingsreborn isn’t the same leaker as before.

Now to the post. It contains a lot of disparate details.
Spoiler:

The plot of Avengers 4 will revolve around the Avengers who survived Thanos’ deadly finger snap in Infinity War going back in time, possibly to retrieve the Infinity Stones (using a Tony Stark-made Infinity Gauntlet) to prevent Thanos from ever procuring them. Hulk will also apparently use the Stark Gauntlet and lose his arm in the process.

It sounds like a bunch of really riveting fan fiction until you get to one particular piece of information that could validate the whole thing. It pertains to a fight scene involving Captain America, Thor and Thanos:

I was told that at one point bearded Steve and Thor have a fight scene against Thanos where Thor gets blown away and Cap actually ends up weilding Mjolnir because he has finally been found worthy. However I was told that Thanos does end up killing Cap.

OK, setting Cap’s possible death aside (fans were predicting he’d kick the bucket in Infinity War, and that didn’t happen), this “leak,” if true, could provide an answer to a long-standing question in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Yes, Cap is worthy of Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir.

At first, the Reddit detail about the hammer seemed questionable for a few reasons. Primarily because Thor’s sister Hela shattered his hammer in Thor: Ragnarök (2017), causing the God of Thunder to wield a new weapon in Infinity War dubbed Stormbreaker. Getting the new weapon is a significant part of Thor’s storyline. So why would Mjolnir come back into play in the proceeding movie? This requires an explanation, right?

Then I remembered an interview I had with the directors of Infinity War and the upcoming Avengers 4 film, Joe and Anthony Russo, following the release of Captain America: Civil War (2016) two years ago. During that interview, I asked them about Cap and Mjolnir.

It’s important to know that in the MCU, only characters who are “worthy” can pick up Thor’s hammer. No one knows exactly what “worthy” means. But if you’re not worthy, then stop. There’s no hammer time. But in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Captain America attempts to lift Mjolnir, and it moves ever so slightly in the process. He doesn’t succeed in picking it up, but Thor is effectively spooked by Cap’s abilities.

It seemed relevant enough a budge to ask the Russos, since I had the opportunity, whether Cap was actually worthy and just let go too soon. Their cagey responses had my spidey reporter senses tingling, even back then.

“I don’t know that might be a ...” Anthony Russo said, considering his words, “that might be a question for future storytellers.”

“Might be a little too specific for us to answer,” Joe Russo said.

A question for “future storytellers”? Might be “too specific for us to answer”?

The Russo brothers directed Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and Captain America: Civil War (2016) for Marvel. If anyone knew about Cap’s worthiness at the time, it was them. I didn’t end up including the Mjolnir/Cap quotes in my story two years ago, but why were they being so coy?

Could it be that Cap holding Thor’s hammer was a spoiler for one of the Russos’ two then-yet-to-be-released Avengers movies? (Mjolnir didn’t appear in Infinity War, so that leaves Avengers 4 on the table.)

Maybe, but in order for that to be so, Avengers 4 would need to involve some sort of time travel, which, coincidentally, is the exact rumor that’s been going around.

Leaked set photos support the theory that we’re going to see the surviving Avengers revisit iconic scenes from the previous movies. The pics show Ant-Man and Captain America at the battle of New York, which occurred in 2012′s Avengers: Assemble and did not originally feature Ant-Man.

Thor’s hammer was definitely present at the battle. So if the characters do indeed fly back in time, a Thanos-vs.-Thor-and-Cap battle scene, in which Cap finally gets his hand on Mjolnir, is possible. (The thing is, ilurkthingsreborn also claimed Thanos eventually kills Cap with the hammer, adding a whole other, devastating layer to things. Is Thanos’ cause―destroying half the life in the universe―worthy, too? Uh, I hope not.)

Of course, time travel has its problems. The Infinity Stones play a role in several different Marvel films, so a change in the stones’ timeline could potentially alter the plots of the other MCU movies that already exist, like Guardians of the Galaxy.

As an alternative to straight-up time traveling, some fans have suggested the Avengers could journey into the past using alternate realities connected to the Quantum Realm, a concept we first learned about in Ant-Man. This is another dimension where space and time are irrelevant, which you access through magical energy―or by turning subatomic, like Ant-Man does.

The Quantum Realm would explain why Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel, both movies that supposedly use the realm in some capacity, are set to come out before Avengers 4. They might establish more ground rules for the final Avengers installment.

Heavier use of this other realm could also explain why Sebastian Stan (who plays Bucky Barnes) has talked about acting in a scene with Michelle Pfeiffer in the MCU. (The actress is set to play Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp, a character thought to be lost forever in the Quantum Realm. And Bucky, aka the Winter Soldier, turned to ash in Infinity War.)

Some reality altering has to happen here.

On a recent episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, the Russo brothers told host Josh Horowitz that the upcoming Avengers movie is mostly filmed but could change a lot in editing. So, who knows what we’ll actually see in the end! But these leaks could be somewhat of a road map for those hoping not to turn to ash before the next movie comes out.

Here are a few other theories on the fate of Avengers 4:

Ant-Man secretly becomes part of all the Marvel movies

Was Ant-Man secretly in the previous Avengers movies, just miniaturized and pulling strings in the background?

Well, according to the supposedly leaked photos, he was/will be?

An Avenger will sacrifice another

If part of the new movie revolves around retrieving the Infinity Stones before Thanos does, an Avenger will have to obtain the Soul Stone. And in order to do that, they’ll have to kill someone they love. So far, the internet is betting Iron Man will sacrifice Captain America.

Do they actually love each other right now, though?

It seems more likely, to me at least, that Black Widow will have to sacrifice Hulk (or vice versa) and that’s the reason the movies have focused on their potential romance so much. (Ilurkthingsreborn suggested Iron Man will sacrifice Pepper Potts, but that seems a little too dark.)

An Avenger will wield the Infinity Gauntlet

The leaks said it’ll be Hulk, but I’d put my money on Captain America. In an interview with Infinity War writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, they said the goal for Infinity War is to put Cap, a former sickly, scrawny kid, in the most unbelievable situation imaginable.

What would be more unbelievable than that same kid, all grown up, using a gauntlet that’s powerful enough to destroy half the universe?

That or using a weapon in place of the God of Thunder. Either choice sounds pretty worthy.
If the plot of A4 is at all similar to the leaks then I think it'll be pretty f#cking good. What do you people think?
Old 05-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #45
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
This is interesting, and it sort of ties into a duscussion I had with Mr D a few days ago. The Infinity War and Thanos getting the gauntlet are all Jane Foster's fault. She was the one who found the Aether and allowed Malekith, (and therefore Thanos) to get their hands on it. Without it (aka the Reality stone), he would never have been able to accomplish his goal. In fact, had she not found it in that rift, it would have remained safely shut away and forgotten, inaccessible to anyone. So we can blame the loss of half the MCU on her. Also, Strange could have EASILY hidden the Eye of Agamotto (aka Time stone) somewhere in time to keep it away from Thanos. But he didn't. Another tactical error on the part of the Avengers and everyone else. (But mostly, Jane. She was meddling with things she shouldn't have.....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #46
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Eh, I don't really see how it's fair to blame Jane for having dealings with one of the Infinity Stones when there were five other in play, all changing hands at various points in time (for the most part). By that logic Gamora and Nebula should share equal blame for finding the Soul Stone and allowing Thanos to learn of its whereabouts.

Also, we have to assume that Dr. Strange giving the Time Stone to Thanos is part of the plan, as it was part of the only timeline he found where the combined might of the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Sorcerer Supreme was enough to defeat Thanos. Like he said, it's all part of the endgame.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #47
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Jane didn't know the stakes. Starlord did, however, when he had his hissy fit. He's way more to blame.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Vision/Scarlet Witch movie is in the works... at this point, Wanda's kind of lacking in supporting characters. Dead brother, redacted father, and now a dead lover.
I bet her dad becomes un-redacted soon enough.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #49
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Jane didn't know the stakes. Starlord did, however, when he had his hissy fit. He's way more to blame.
Agreed. They nearly had Thanos three times. Star Lord ruined his own plan. However, how does Thanos feel anything for Gamora? He hates and murders her? The soul stone works if he loves the person he kills. Plot hole!

So War Machine and Nebula survive with the original movie Avengers. Ant-Man,Wasp, Hawkeye, and Captain Marvel did not appear. Why Spider-Man though? He is everyone's favorite! *sigh*

Also, I don't see every Marvel movie so I have to ask who was that random tribal guy who was killed and got Thor upset, sent Hulk to Dr. Strange somehow?
Old 05-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Agreed. They nearly had Thanos three times. Star Lord ruined his own plan. However, how does Thanos feel anything for Gamora? He hates and murders her? The soul stone works if he loves the person he kills. Plot hole!

So War Machine and Nebula survive with the original movie Avengers. Ant-Man,Wasp, Hawkeye, and Captain Marvel did not appear. Why Spider-Man though? He is everyone's favorite! *sigh*

Also, I don't see every Marvel movie so I have to ask who was that random tribal guy who was killed and got Thor upset, sent Hulk to Dr. Strange somehow?
Most of this post doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #51
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Well, that was the whole point of the scenes featuring young Gamora and Thanos; he truly came to care for her after raising her after having half of her people slaughtered. However misguided he is, he is still capable of feeling emotions like love. He didn't hate her at all, he simply felt that it was worth it to kill her and take control of the Soul Stone rather than (in his mind) let the universe run amok and destroy itself.

Quote:
"random tribal guy"? Do you mean Heimdall, played by Idris Elba?

You should probably go read the Wikipedia entries for the Thor films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Most of this post doesn't make any sense.
Yeah I don't get it man
Old 05-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

It would probably help if you've seen most of the movies. It sounds like you observe what's happening by what random people say online over sitting down to watch something, which is probably why you're confused as to what's going on.

Thanos loved Gamora, they show us that in the film, at least in his own way. And we know the deaths aren't permanent for obvious reasons and the fact that Spiderman 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Doctor Strange 2, and Black Panther 2 are all in the pipeline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:54 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Doctor Strange 2
Doctor Strange 2 has NOT been announced yet.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:22 AM   #54
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Eh, I don't really see how it's fair to blame Jane for having dealings with one of the Infinity Stones when there were five other in play, all changing hands at various points in time (for the most part). By that logic Gamora and Nebula should share equal blame for finding the Soul Stone and allowing Thanos to learn of its whereabouts.

Also, we have to assume that Dr. Strange giving the Time Stone to Thanos is part of the plan, as it was part of the only timeline he found where the combined might of the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Sorcerer Supreme was enough to defeat Thanos. Like he said, it's all part of the endgame.
Quote:

The POINT was that the reality stone would have remained inaccessable AT ALL had she not accidentally brought it back out with her and thus brought it into play. Otherwise, no one would have ever even known how/where to find it. And that IS the ONE stone that allows someone to alter reality in the first place. It just needs the power of the others to do it on a cosmic scale rather than local.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #55
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It would probably help if you've seen most of the movies. It sounds like you observe what's happening by what random people say online over sitting down to watch something, which is probably why you're confused as to what's going on.

Thanos loved Gamora, they show us that in the film, at least in his own way. And we know the deaths aren't permanent for obvious reasons and the fact that Spiderman 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Doctor Strange 2, and Black Panther 2 are all in the pipeline.
That is true. I don't feel compelled to see every single movie, just the one's that interest me. I am DC Comics and Spider-Man as far as interest goes. So I have seen all Spider-Man films, Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, Captain America 3: Civil War, both Guardians of the Galaxy films, and all the Avengers films. I miss out on characters who are not primary supporting characters like the love interest or who the villain of each film is. I also had to ask who the woman working on Vision was. Those were the only two I was lost on. I suppose that is understandable.

As fir the confusion over Thanos actually loving Gamora like a daughter, it is as Gamora said something that makes little sense giving that his plan of genocide makes him show no emotion. I guess its just hard to believe he would feel anything for her. Its easy to see him kill her,but love her? Its not that my post does not make much sense, its just I cannot understand a character like that actually feeling paternal love.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
As fir the confusion over Thanos actually loving Gamora like a daughter, it is as Gamora said something that makes little sense giving that his plan of genocide makes him show no emotion. I guess its just hard to believe he would feel anything for her. Its easy to see him kill her,but love her? Its not that my post does not make much sense, its just I cannot understand a character like that actually feeling paternal love.
"giving his plan of genocide makes him show no emotion."

I give up.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #57
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Exactly. If we'really pointing fingers at people, Thor should get some of the blame too for not aiming for the head when he attacked Thanos with Stormbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I bet her dad becomes un-redacted soon enough.
Eh, I feel like in this continuity her dad is irrelevant. All of her powers come from experimentation with an Infinity Stone, not an inherent genetic mutation. Retroactively revealing that her dad is Magneto, I just can't see that working in the MCU.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:20 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Eh, I feel like in this continuity her dad is irrelevant. All of her powers come from experimentation with an Infinity Stone, not an inherent genetic mutation. Retroactively revealing that her dad is Magneto, I just can't see that working in the MCU.
Yeah, that's a good point. Although that was done with the idea that Marvel would never, ever reacquire the X-Men. With that back on the table, it'd be a simple thing to retcon... if they were so inclined.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #59
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Avengers 4 Ending Rumor Reveals Fate of the Original Avengers?

Avengers 4 Ending Rumor Reveals Fate of the Original Avengers?

Quote:
Now that Avengers 3 has hit theaters, fans are eagerly awaiting the last three movies that will make up Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Ant-Man and the Wasp on July 6, Captain Marvel on March 8, 2019 and Avengers 4 on May 3, 2019. While it remains to be seen when we'll get our first look at Avengers 4, a new rumor has surfaced, with a Reddit user noticing that a post on 4chan gives away the rumored Avengers 4 ending. The Reddit user admitted he would have normally written this off, "but the fact that it got taken down so quickly is suspicious." While these details below have not yet been confirmed, they do represent potential SPOILERS, so please read on at your own risk. Here's the rumored ending to Avengers 4, which ties into a device seen in previous Avengers 4 set photos.

Spoiler:
Quote:
"The device seen in leaked set photos allows the user to harness the power of the Infinity Stones. After defeating Thanos, each original Avenger is left with an Infinity Stone and a choice. Cap uses the Time Stone, returning to Peggy and living out his life with her. Thor uses the Soul Stone, returning his brother from the dead, they rebuild Asgard on Earth. Bruce uses the Mind Stone, and separates himself from the Hulk. They say their farewell and exchange a heartwarming hug. Ant-Man, who refuses the Reality Stone, selflessly gives it to Wanda, who uses it as a new power source for Vision. Finally Tony is left with the Power Stone, vowing not to weaponize something so powerful, he destroys it and snorts the remains."
The Reddit user claims, "the last part is probably a joke," but also notes how this rumor makes no mention of two original Avengers, Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), nor the Space Stone. The Reddit user posits that it's possible Hawkeye dies in the movie and Black Widow uses the Space Stone to go on an adventure with Bucky Barnes/White Wolf (Sebastian Stan). It's also possible that perhaps the Space Stone was used in some way to defeat Thanos (Josh Brolin), rendering it broken or useless. If this is true, there would be more than two Avengers that survive, but intriguingly, only two that could remain as active Avengers, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Black Widow. Here's a segment from the post by Reddit user "JadedCüntsicle," offering this person's interpretation of the rumor.

Quote:
"This would be consistent with the "only two Avengers survive" rumour if we use the "only two Avengers stay active" interpretation. Cap and Hulk would be out of commission, Thor would be busy ruling, and presumably Hawkeye would re-retire (if he survives). Which would leave Tony (new SHIELD director?) and BW."

This rumor doesn't shed any light on whether or not any of the heroes who were disintegrated at the end of Avengers: Infinity War will be resurrected at all, but that is one of the more popular rumors and theories surfacing after Avengers: Infinity War was released in theaters. You can head over to Reddit to see how others have responded to this theory.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:36 AM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Some promo art:

Doesn't really tell us much aside from... we know what Hawkeye looks like now, and Hulk wears a funny suit. Also, Thanos needs a melee weapon?

Tags
avengers cuckgame, captain marvel saves day