The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Honestly, I don't recall actually being scared of any and no related nightmares. Probably helps that in most cases my parents abided by the age ratings.

Although, I was a 2-year-old that begged my mother to let me stay up and watch "The Fly" on tv - I believe it was the original unless there was a remake prior to 1981. She tried to tell me no, that it would be too scary. I assured her that I wouldn't be scared. So she allowed it. Probably assuming my age 2 attention span wouldn't hold up long anyhow.

I proceeded to watch the entire thing and enjoyed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
and the one thing I could never handle was that doll from the opening of Are you afraid of the dark.

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhan...5084885-16.jpg

I could handle the show just fine, but that little 2 seconds I had to close my eyes.
Alright, I admit that clown doll is still creepy. Never scared me and I liked the creepiness factor, but creepy none the less.

Loved that show. My sister was such the opposite of me and avoided scary stuff. It took me a while to convince her that "Are You Afraid of the Dark" was MADE for kids so it really wasn't THAT bad. She finally got brave then and decided she liked it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-05-2017 at 09:37 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:34 PM   #22
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Chucky. That's the number 1 movie/TV thing that scared me and gave me nightmares as a kid. I was allowed to watch them and kept doing so.

I still love the movies and even though I'm not afraid of Chucky anymore I still think dolls are creepy. I think I would have been afraid of them anyway.

Thought about getting a Chucky doll but it's the one thing I'm hesitant to collect. I want one but then don't
Old 07-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I don't really recall being so scared of a movie I never watched again.
NOW MY BROTHER, on the other hand, has a movie that he refuses to watch again to this very day.

My parents rented it from Netflix in the middle ages, when you had to get the DVDs sent to you by mail. And we watched it. And my brother was in his stage where everything would scare him. Of course he's grown out of it now.
List of things he got over
  • Gandalf falling to his "death" in Fellowship of the Ring (our parents got the DVD when they showed it to us and made sure we watched the special features so we knew it was all movie magic and that all the violence wasn't real)
  • The Forbiddon Forest in Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, specifically when they saw Voldemort drinking the unicorn blood
  • Freaking fireplaces. Because of a chapter of "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark"
  • I KNOW there's a lot more, but man, I can't think of them all because it was so long ago.

But even now, after begging my mother to let him watch Sweeny Todd with Johnny Depp for years, and working on a "vampire" story with some very grim material...he still will not give Watcher in the Woods a second chance. Even as I told him, after a rewatch, that the acting is canned and it deserves a spot on Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #24
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Lord of the Fly.

When the savage boys pushed a rock on top the fat glasses kid, it crushed his head and he died instantly - bloodied head with eyes wide open.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tim Burton's Beetlejuice scared the hell out of me as a kid. Michael Keaton played Beetlejuice which I didn't even know until recently, and they both made Batman 1989 in the following year. Pretty funny.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:56 PM   #26
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Child's Play.
For a while I had nightmares and didn't want to be around dolls. Haven't seen any of the films since. I should probably give 'em another shot.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #27
Slade
god status

Beetlejuice freaked me out the first time I watched it. I was around four I guess. I refuse to watch Anaconda, I don't do snakes, at all. Twister scared me a kid too. the Omen still trips me out.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #28
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist

Tremors scared me to the point I couldn't walk down the street without thinking about Graboids when I was younger.

I also got freaked out by one of the Invasion of the Body-snatchers remakes (the one with the teenage girl) and the original "Don't be Afraid of the Dark" movie.

TV show-wise, the one episode that really got me was one from the X-Files, involving a cursed inca pot and killer cats in the sewers - I still make sure the toilet lid is down and the bathroom door is closed before going to bed to this day.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #29
Vegita-San
Emperor

I used to be scared of the yip yips on sesame street.

don't judge me...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #30
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

These guys scared the **** out of me as a kid.

Pompel & Pilt was a black and white 1969 Norwegian Children's Surreal Puppet Show, which did reruns in 1994 and boy did it spark a lot of debate about if it was good for children to watch.

The story line was that Pompel and Pilt was a pair of repairmen that got into all sorts of weird ****, often being cashed by the janitor Gorgon (doll in middle). They also met various fantasy creatures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:40 AM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, what child WOULDN'T be scared of those !?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Come to think of it most alien invasion movies I took way too seriously as a kid. I mean I knew they weren't real, but for months after I watched the movies all I could think about is what would happen if aliens really did invade the Earth. lol.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Puppet Master," too. And part II. Can't forget those. Toulon was a creepy bastard.

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Oh man, who wasn't messed up by this scene of Sarah Conner dreaming she was blown up in a nuclear war from Terminator II:

This scared the crap out of me as a kid. The idea of a nuclear bomb being dropped on you out of nowhere and you screaming in pain and turning into a skeleton (rather than dying in less than 1 second like you would in reality) was scary as all hell.

This was the stuff of nightmares.