The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #1901
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh GOD I hate this man. BOTH of these men. I think I'm gonna end up hating Dave Green, too.
I wouldn't hate him too hard. Dollars to donuts they hired him just to have a warm body in the director's chair and say where to point the camera.

He has no stake in this thing outside of that.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #1902
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
You know you picked a bad Ninja Turtle director when, during an interview, he's asked who his favorite Turtle is, which is said to show a lot about the person.
"Let me guess... Donatello."
"What would that tell about me?"
"That you're super smart?"
"Oh, right, I got that right away."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWF0DuVBtOk (it's around 1:10)
If he's got any humility that all, that should be embarrassing on so many levels.

Quote:
I think the funniest thing about the promotion for the last movie is the fact that Megan Fox, the only cast member who claimed to be a superfan, said, "They only changed a few things."
Maybe she's a fan, but I've had doubts she's anything beyond a casual fan.

1:10 https://youtu.be/pp0B6QCAV7c

Sure, people make mistakes and she corrects herself, but to be honest that's a pretty armature mistake for a "superfan," on par with forgetting which is your right and left hand.

If some individuals aren't all that familiar, fine. But don't pretend to be otherwise.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #1903
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I wouldn't hate him too hard. Dollars to donuts they hired him just to have a warm body in the director's chair and say where to point the camera.

He has no stake in this thing outside of that.
I need a hug, man. They're ruining my childhood heroes.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #1904
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
"Well, in the comics, they're all red."
"WHAT. NO. STOP LYING."
"What?! So there's FOUR MICHELNARDOS?!?!"
Old 06-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #1905
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
Actually, it's four Raphatellos.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #1906
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Actually, it's four Raphatellos.
Well then I guess the only way to tell them apart is to hang more shi+ on them than a Christmas tree.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #1907
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
You know you picked a bad Ninja Turtle director when, during an interview, he's asked who his favorite Turtle is, which is said to show a lot about the person.
"Let me guess... Donatello."
"What would that tell about me?"
"That you're super smart?"
"Oh, right, I got that right away."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWF0DuVBtOk (it's around 1:10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
Oh man, has anyone tapped Liebesman to direct one of the new Star Wars movies yet? I can see the interviews now: "I can't wait to bring life to the new adventures of Lucas, Hans, Leah, and Dark Vaper."

Nobody expects every director to be a life-long fan of whatever property they're bringing to life, but at the very least they should familiarize themselves with it, try to understand it and find its strengths. This dude was just way too lazy to even try. A total hack on every level.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #1908
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
I need a hug, man. They're ruining my childhood heroes.
*Virtual hugs*
*Stabs you violently.*
"What Michael Bay does to a franchise. Embraces it, and then kills it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
If he's got any humility that all, that should be embarrassing on so many levels.

Maybe she's a fan, but I've had doubts she's anything beyond a casual fan.

1:10 https://youtu.be/pp0B6QCAV7c

Sure, people make mistakes and she corrects herself, but to be honest that's a pretty armature mistake for a "superfan," on par with forgetting which is your right and left hand.

If some individuals aren't all that familiar, fine. But don't pretend to be otherwise.
"Is it hard to read the comments on Twitter?"
"No, I learned to read when I was 6 or 7."
That's... that's not what she meant, Jonathan.

I bet this man was very confused when the bandanas switched colors by accident during the '80s cartoon. "WAIT, SO THERE ARE TWO RAPHAELS? GENIUS!"
Old 06-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #1909
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Also, what the hell is going on with his arms? Whenever he's in an interview, he starts flailing them around randomly. I get talking with your hands, but he looks like he's on drugs. Maybe it's sign language? "HELP. MICHAEL BAY'S GOT ME HOSTAGE AND IS GOING TO BLOW ME UP IF I DON'T PROMOTE THIS THING."
Old 06-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #1910
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
*Virtual hugs*
*Stabs you violently.*
"What Michael Bay does to a franchise. Embraces it, and then kills it."

"Is it hard to read the comments on Twitter?"
"No, I learned to read when I was 6 or 7."
That's... that's not what she meant, Jonathan.

I bet this man was very confused when the bandanas switched colors by accident during the '80s cartoon. "WAIT, SO THERE ARE TWO RAPHAELS? GENIUS!"
That was NOT comforting. Next time, you need a middle step: Product Placement. Oh, and Scantily Clad Sex Symbol. And Explosions.

THEN stab.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #1911
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Nobody expects every director to be a life-long fan of whatever property they're bringing to life, but at the very least they should familiarize themselves with it, try to understand it and find its strengths. This dude was just way too lazy to even try. A total hack on every level.
Adding to the sadness of that...that comic con was when? July of last year? After all filming, including reshoots, were done? Was he even THERE? How can someone be the director for months and not at least picked up on the basics... At least enough to name a favorite and know a tiny bit about them.

Quote:
Also, what the hell is going on with his arms? Whenever he's in an interview, he starts flailing them around randomly. I get talking with your hands, but he looks like he's on drugs. Maybe it's sign language? "HELP. MICHAEL BAY'S GOT ME HOSTAGE AND IS GOING TO BLOW ME UP IF I DON'T PROMOTE THIS THING."

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-17-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #1912
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
That was NOT comforting. Next time, you need a middle step: Product Placement. Oh, and Scantily Clad Sex Symbol. And Explosions.

THEN stab.
So, should I stab you right next to that stack of Orange Crush, or in the Halloween parade right by the Transformers costumes?

^I swear to Christ, Michael Bay could do a Transformers/TMNT crossover and the movie would still focus on the humans.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #1913
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's just because his puppeteer Bay is too busy laughing at his creation and jerking off into his money pit to properly control his little marionette.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #1914
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Adding to the sadness of that...that comic con was when? July of last year? After all filming, including reshoots, were done? Was he even THERE? How can someone be the director for months and not at least picked up on the basics...

The movie was basically two weeks away from its release when he said that. And then Megan Fox said something like "TMNT is the best movie of the summer, and it's better than Guardians of the Galaxy." Vin Diesel said the same three words, with two additional words, throughout that whole movie and was still a better actor than you. DO YOU HEAR THAT, MEGAN FOX? A F*CKING TREE WAS LESS STIFF AND WOODEN THAN YOUR ACTING.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #1915
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
So, should I stab you right next to that stack of Orange Crush, or in the Halloween parade right by the Transformers costumes?

^I swear to Christ, Michael Bay could do a Transformers/TMNT crossover and the movie would still focus on the humans.
Eh, next to the Victoria's Secret billboard, just to the right of the Apple store and in front of the parked 2016 Chevy Camaro.

I honestly expect a TMNT/Transformers movie to happen in or before 2020. There's no stopping Bay.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #1916
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Eh, next to the Victoria's Secret billboard, just to the right of the Apple store and in front of the parked 2016 Chevy Camaro.

I honestly expect a TMNT/Transformers movie to happen in or before 2020. There's no stopping Bay.
I'm sorry, I think you meant a crossover between Mark Whalberg and 2 cent Katara/April O'Fox and Stephen Amell. Oh, yeah, and those other guys.

Although, I would pay a ticket just to see Sam/Shia walk up to April and be like, "Ugh, Mikaela?" "NO. I'M A JOURNALIST. WHY WON'T ANYONE TAKE ME SERIOUSLY?"
Old 06-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #1917
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'm sorry, I think you meant a crossover between Mark Whalberg and 2 cent Katara/April O'Fox and Stephen Amell. Oh, yeah, and those other guys.

Although, I would pay a ticket just to see Sam/Shia walk up to April and be like, "Ugh, Mikaela?" "NO. I'M A JOURNALIST. WHY WON'T ANYONE TAKE ME SERIOUSLY?"
Uh, no, I didn't. The movie will be called "TMNT/Transformers".

STARRING:

Megan Fox
William Fichtner
Will Arnett
Stephen Amell
Mark Wahlberg
Stanley Tucci
Nicola Peltz
Tyrese Gibson

Post-credits scene: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and the four Turtles stare blankly at each other... "Wasn't this our movie?"

You know how bad TMNT was? It didn't even have Steve Jablonsky to compose the film score--the ONE good thing from Bay's Transformer movies.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #1918
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:

STARRING:

Megan Fox
William Fichtner
Will Arnett
Stephen Amell
Mark Wahlberg
Stanley Tucci
Nicola Peltz
Tyrese Gibson

Post-credits scene: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and the four Turtles stare blankly at each other... "Wasn't this our movie?"

You know how bad TMNT was? It didn't even have Steve Jablonsky to compose the film score--the ONE good thing from Bay's Transformer movies.
Besides the CGI. Say what you want about the Transformers movies, but that CGI is top notch. The CGI looks good in TMNT, but there are times where it looks really lazy (Specifically the snow chase.)
Old 06-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #1919
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Besides the CGI. Say what you want about the Transformers movies, but that CGI is top notch. The CGI looks good in TMNT, but there are times where it looks really lazy (Specifically the snow chase.)
I won't count the CGI because I cannot tell any of the Transformers apart except for Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Megatron.

And the two Racistformers.

And the Dinobots.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #1920
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

STARRING:

Megan Fox
William Fichtner
Will Arnett
Stephen Amell
Mark Wahlberg
Stanley Tucci
Nicola Peltz
Tyrese Gibson

In the sequel Raph get's a cameo as Megan Fox's mechanic, because reasons and to include Turtles.
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2