The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #1381
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Can we just make a “I dislike Playmates, knockoffs, and Scalpers” thread.

I keep thinking NECA announced something.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:42 AM   #1382
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Can we just make a “I dislike Playmates, knockoffs, and Scalpers” thread.

I keep thinking NECA announced something.
Or just rename this thread NECA SDCC 2018 Henson Turtles maybe?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #1383
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Or just rename this The Haters Forum.... scalpers exist aint going anywhere. Deal with it. Lets move on.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #1384
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I purchased all four of these stupid quarter scale massive top heavy Turtles.
Sorry but i just cant believe this, how people can be so entitled to something and complain so much, this is strangest thing ive seen on internet in a while, NECA does not owe you anything at all.
How poeple can be so ungrateful is beyond me.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #1385
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Sorry but i just cant believe this, how people can be so entitled to something and complain so much, this is strangest thing ive seen on internet in a while, NECA does not owe you anything at all.
i agree %100 scalpers suck and piss me off so much. i wanna buy a single loose Leonardo figure and keep my SDCC set unopened but any loose figure for sale on ebay is going for 100+ but i do not think bootlegging is the answer. i think ill just wait a few months until the hype dies down and the price goes down
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #1386
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Finally afther some hassele from fedex the boys In green has arrived.😊one box a littel smack and one almost mint.in the "mint box one of mike eyes is missing pupils and posseble som issue on Leo and on the smackd box don got a crackd Shell and Ralf is cross eyed guess i will open both to mix and match to Get a perfekt set and see if there is other issues
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65D56E09-D486-4DBD-B387-5B74AA98ABCA.jpg (18.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg E6D4A7B4-6134-4384-B84A-18FC34D15D9C.jpg (13.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg BEC7567E-EEA6-4034-B131-232665EDFA3B.jpg (14.7 KB, 32 views)
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #1387
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
So to be clear, I should be grateful that a $100 figure breaks at the torso and slouches, and is very unstable to pose? As I said, it’s a quality control problem that I’ve seen mentioned over and over again. Beautiful paint job, and I am grateful that they were released, but you can still be disappointed with aspects of the figure!

And my other frustration with NECA, as mentioned, was that they give all indication that they would NEVER be able to produce these in smaller form, despite nearly everyone wishing they were smaller but buying them at quarter scale because they were beautiful and there was no alternative, and then NECA did release them one year later. In EXTREMELY limited quantitity. That was the extent of my frustration with NECA. It seemed shady. As I mentioned, I am more angry at Playmates and scalpers, and would only consider a bootleg if it seems NECA has no more plans to make money from the product.

Scalpers can still go to hell.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #1388
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
Finally afther some hassele from fedex the boys In green has arrived.😊one box a littel smack and one almost mint.in the "mint box one of mike eyes is missing pupils and posseble som issue on Leo and on the smackd box don got a crackd Shell and Ralf is cross eyed guess i will open both to mix and match to Get a perfekt set and see if there is other issues
Another example of quality control issues! Mentioned throughout this and other threads.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #1389
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

In 13 sets I had almost no quality control issues.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #1390
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Guys, relax. Scalper or not. In the end these people are making it possible for European buyers to buy these in an easy way.

These figures are beyond amazing. I got lucky and have zero QC issues. I really love them and imo these are better then the 1:4 versions. The skin texture is more like the suits in the movie, the ankles are better, the articulation is far better than the bigger ones and off course they are more practical. Also, Raphael's belt is more flexible and the Sai holders have more space which allow you to point the Sai outwards while they are in the belt just like the movie. Mike is shorter then his 3 brothers which is very neatly. These figures are truely crown jewels and the only two things which should have made these absolutely perfect are: an extra head for each Turtle with an other expression and a Bo Staff holder for Don (see my practical workaround for this issue in the last photo below)

Check out this quick photo's. I will buy an acrylic LED case and put it on my cabinet to these justice

Are those twist ties in Don's belt?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #1391
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Are those twist ties in Don's belt?
Yes, a recycled twistie tie. I just made it flatter
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:22 PM   #1392
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

I woued reckonmend buying 2 mm satin ribbon band to put on donny i think thats on the 1/4 scale just In 4/5mm.you can Get them at hobby shows or a sew store.i did it on mine and it works perfeck.i have to redo it because i only got In black and i want it In brown
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #1393
donatello_tmnt
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
wow, you must feel so proud of yourself
donatello_tmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:35 PM   #1394
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Cool, thanks for failing to contribute and for scalping.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #1395
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I understand you scalp for a living. As someone above stated it's going to happen. Scalping is not going to go away, and with collectibles like this it is always inevitable folks with little other means will take advantage of the supply and demand market and create their own little niche from highly sought after collectibles as a way to make a living. I can understand it, although I may not totally respect it at times.

As collectors we're all a little guilty of it as the market value of something rises, so does out expectations to get what the item is "worth" if we resell. So I do understand the idea of inflating prices. Let me be clear though, I'm not all for sneaking around the system to obtain more sets then someone is supposed to get. That's when scalping get's slimy if you ask me.

But all that being said... do you get off on the little jabs that rub salt into the wounds of everyone who missed out on the sets? Not that I am not entertained by the spats everyone has on here about it, but maybe we could get back on topic if you weren't constantly calling attention to yourself about it... since it's obvious a lot of folks here aren't fans of it.

Just saying maybe keep a little more of your choice tid bits to yourself if you know it's just going to rile people up... unless you really do get off that much on pissing pissing people off... In that case... have at it I suppose, but all you're doing is shrinking your potential customer base. Just maybe something to think about.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 08-22-2018 at 07:03 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #1396
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I understand you scalp for a living. As someone above stated it's going to happen. Scalping is not going to go away, and with collectibles like this it is always inevitable folks with little other means will take advantage of the supply and demand market and create their own little niche from highly sought after collectibles as a way to make a living. I can understand it, although I may not totally respect it at times.

As collectors we're all a little guilty of it as the market value of something rises, so does out expectations to get what the item is "worth" if we resell. So I do understand the idea of inflating prices. Let me be clear though, I'm not all for sneaking around the system to obtain more sets then someone is supposed to get. That's when scalping get's slimy if you ask me.

But all that being said... do you get off on the little jabs that rub salt into the wounds of everyone who missed out on the sets? Not that I am not entertained by the spats everyone has on here about it, but maybe we could get back on topic if you weren't constantly calling attention to yourself about it... since it's obvious a lot of folks here aren't fans of it.

Just saying maybe keep a little more of your choice tid bits to yourself if you know it's just going to rile people up... unless you really do get off that much on pissing pissing people off... In that case... have at it I suppose, but all you're doing is shrinking your potential customer base. Just maybe something to think about.
I think you might be asking a bit to much of him. Judging by his posts and past actions thinking is obviously not his strong suit.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #1397
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If firstoflatin blah blah blah can keep bragging like this maybe I can take it another way and share my story.

About 3 weeks before the pre-sale I went on eBay and bought a pre-order for these figures thinking I wouldn't have to stress about it. A week later I came into some extra money and thought I would try for one. After I scored the pre-sale on their store I immediately posted about selling g my extra eBay set. Surprise surprise my inbox exploded. I sold my 2nd set for the cost of the pre-sale plus shipping to them. I didn't gouge anyone, I didn't make any profit, I helped a fellow member obtain the set for collective purpose. I'm not telling this to get recognition just happy Latinkings lost a sale
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #1398
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Yes, a recycled twistie tie. I just made it flatter
Thanks. I tried that, but mine were too big. I'll keep looking.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #1399
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I think you might be asking a bit to much of him. Judging by his posts and past actions thinking is obviously not his strong suit.

Is that why you're trolling me on ebay now?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #1400
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Is that why you're trolling me on ebay now?

vous avez rencontré jacques?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote