The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #561
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just hope they keep their designs looking "normal" this time.

No huge Hulk Turtles with nostrils wearing clothing like the previous movies, and no major changes to designs like Rise did with Raph being bigger than all the others, Don's head being more square, etc.

Can't the Turtles just look normal again instead of trying to reinvent their look each time? That's all I ask for.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:35 AM   #562
neatoman
Emperor

What do mean by normal exactly?

If you mean "cartoony" I don't think that's going to be a problem, given that it is an animated movie. If you mean they won't have any distinguishing features beyond the masks and weapons, I'm not sure they're gonna go back to that. That was correctly deemed to be a major flaw with how they traditionally looked, characters should be easier to tell apart visually than what we were usually given. Rise is obviously an absurd overcorrection, but I don't think we'll ever see another animated adaptation where they all basically look the same ever again.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #563
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hope it's "normal" in a good design that isn't weird. Something akin to 2003 would be decent, but still without trying to be 2003. I'm afraid if they aim for a spacific version, FW or 1990 esp, it will never be quite right enough and be off putting...the way 2012's CGI FW Turtles kind of are, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That's just the type of silly attempt at appearing vaguely realistic derail that makes me think it is fake - "all killer, no filler." That's rich. Good for a chuckle.
In other words, I don't think this is real. But I'm resigning myself to the fact that the movie could be something like this.
Yeah, that and some other parts feel as if they're written by a 17-year-old gamer.... but I'm not real familiar enough with Seth Rogen other than knowing he did Sausage Party, so I'm conflicted on if it would come from a grownass man like him or not. (Though even if fake I guess a grown man still wrote it.)

Guess I'm too "old" and out of a particular loop to have known that "all killer no filler" has been around a while... but still sounds gross applied to Leo, so just no, please. Sounds like something the Rise version would say because it sounds "cool" to him.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:03 PM   #564
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If there is no "ninja violence" in this up to and including killing... they're doing this:

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:28 AM   #565
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If there is no "ninja violence" in this up to and including killing... they're doing this:

Was this inspired by the David Reimer case?
Hahahaha!
Old 04-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #566
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wouldn't trust a site like that. They and We Got This Covered are known for click bait articles, and posting about rumors without linking to a source.
Sorry I took so long to see the link of concern, but agreed. I certainly hadn’t heard of the site before (then again, I don’t regularly look up info about upcoming movies and games in the first place), combined with the typo for Raph others pointed out.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:33 PM   #567
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A couple days later and it doesn't really seem to be carried by any other sites with much more credibility, and what few there are just pulling it from this same one and still no sources about where it supposedly came from otherwise... Just fine by me if it's utter hogwash.

Who would make that "Ralph" typo though and not notice. Maybe some amateur media journalist who isn't enough of a fan to be a stickler about it wouldn't notice, but the article presumably wants us to believe that the descriptions are copy/pasted from somewhere... and I have a hard time accepting that any filmmaker or writer trying to come up with this film wouldn't have read over those descriptions enough times to catch it.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:54 PM   #568
neatoman
Emperor

Anybody else find it a little weird that all of the Turtles in this movie will allegedly be defined by their insecurities? I'm not knocking any writer or director here, giving the characters some defined weakness is a good thing and insecurites are just as good as any, I just find it a little strange that it needs to be front and centre for all of them.

Anyway, if Don is going to be Will Hunting, can we get a psycho Splinter scene?
"If you ever disrespect Master Yoshi again, I will f%cking end you!"

Hahahaha!
Old 04-15-2021, 04:10 PM   #569
Leo656
The Franchise

The "N" in "TMNT" now stands for "Neurotic".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:38 AM   #570
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

not sure if we should believe the leak or not...

I just hope the character designs are decent.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:58 PM   #571
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I hope this doesn't turn out like the Preacher adaptation Seth was involved in... it felt like it ripped out so much of what made the property unique and told a totally different story with characters halfway modeled after the originals. Sigh.

I will say... the Matt Damon inspiration could be a step-up for Donnie. They need to find a way to get the nerd angle while still cool.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:43 AM   #572
Leo656
The Franchise

The 11th Commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Adapt The Works Of Garth Ennis".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:51 AM   #573
AquaParade
Banned

I stopped caring for this movie the way you forget about your ex when a wonderful new partner enters your life. I guess “The Last Ronin” was the bone I needed thrown to me. I’m not calling the book perfect, two issues in, but it’s at least serving me my flavor of TMNT, which I’ve been starved of for too long.

I’m not looking to this movie to give me what I need anymore, on even that small level. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still quite curious and I’m not calling it a trash fire, without concrete details. I’m just content with this movie most likely being aimed at children. Another cartoon reboot I can more or less ignore without hesitation.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:59 PM   #574
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

when do y'all think we will se character designs? hopefully sometime this year.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:49 AM   #575
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can buy Leo having a chip on his shoulder but I'm not a fan of him being supremely arrogant.

Also the whole "He needs Them more than they need Him" thing. That's... that's actually the inverse of how their dynamic usually works.
It reminds me a bit of the angle that Rise used for Leo. In the 'Portal Jacked' episode, Leo said:
Quote:
I will not be fine! There’s no team with just a faceman. I need my brainy guy, and my smashing guy and eats peanut butter with his fingers guy. I’m nothing without them
He was also quite arrogant in Rise. However, he wasn't the leader in that version and wasn't dedicated in trying to improve his abilities so he really didn't bring much to the team in that version except for coming up with ideas for the team now and again rather than Raph.

I've only seen the story posted on CBR and MOVIEWEB with both citing Illuminerdi as the source so it doesn't seem very reliable. The typos and Ralph further make it seem like it's probably fake.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #576
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hope they don't keep trying to continue that angle. Playing on his common themes of sometimes losing his confidence and struggling a little to find it again is one thing, but twisting that into "deep down Leo is actually just useless/nothing without the rest" is terrible. Sure, they all bring different strengths and talents to the team which is an assent, but none of them should be nothing without the rest. They've all got the training and survival skills to go it on their own if they have to.

Not to leave the others out though, most discrptions aren't all that flattering for any of them.

Sure, play on their flaws, but lets not keep trying to dumb them down with it, huh, and fix some of the damage already done like that.

Along with called Raph "Ralph," I find the use of "turtle boy" also feels a bit awkwardly out of place and lends more of a fanfic feel to it... Hm.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #577
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rogen recently had an interview with The Times (although it is pay walled). Nothing about TMNT in it, but he does talk a bit about how dated some of his earlier films are.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:57 AM   #578
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Rogen recently had an interview with The Times (although it is pay walled). Nothing about TMNT in it, but he does talk a bit about how dated some of his earlier films are.
Apology tour, when? ????
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #579
Galactus
Foot Elite

Unlikely but I hope it's cancelled. A kids cgi movie that is not what the franchise needs right now.

Honestly I'm not sure TMNT can bounce back as a movie series anytime soon. The failure of Out Of The Shadows still taints the brand when it comes to live action and to be honest a big part of the 'success' of the 2014 movie was that it was the first time seeing these characters in a big blockbuster setting with modern effects. Even I who who followed the movies production and knew it was going to suck got a pang of excitement of seeing Leo jump from that water tower in the teaser trailer and though "wow this is actually happening". That is gone. Paramount is never going to replicate that excitement again.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:33 PM   #580
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Unlikely but I hope it's cancelled. A kids cgi movie that is not what the franchise needs right now.

Honestly I'm not sure TMNT can bounce back as a movie series anytime soon. The failure of Out Of The Shadows still taints the brand when it comes to live action and to be honest a big part of the 'success' of the 2014 movie was that it was the first time seeing these characters in a big blockbuster setting with modern effects. Even I who who followed the movies production and knew it was going to suck got a pang of excitement of seeing Leo jump from that water tower in the teaser trailer and though "wow this is actually happening". That is gone. Paramount is never going to replicate that excitement again.
I don't know about that, But TMNT is due for a new CGI animated movie since 2007.