The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ch'rell is probably being saved for post issue 100. I definitely don't see him appearing anytime soon.

Especially since we're likely going to get an Oroku Saki resurrection arc with the Pantheon first anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #62
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Depends on what's happening between 80 and 100, then. If that were the situation, Ch'rell would have been set out for about 50 issues, which might be a bit too long.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

I kinda think this arc could have saved Malinga for a later time. Having the typical bug alien swarm invasion was expected but it ended too quickly.

Maybe it'll lead into Lord Dregg being introduced as Malinga's mate/King or whatever in a later arc. Both Malinga in Archie and Dregg in the OT and Nick eventually invade Earth, so that can be saved for a later arc.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #64
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Dregg for sure is going to wait if he's a thing at all.

However, since this was "paving the way to issue 100", the Triceratons invading, along with Kleve and Montuoro conspiring to keep things hush-hush, should all culminate by then.

Maybe we'll get an issue or two of Kitsune in the late 90's finally finding Saki's skull (as it was when the head was first snatched away, and so shall it ever be: Eww), and beginning her resurrection ritual.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:48 PM   #65
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
New interview of Waltz and Eastman:
http://doomrocket.com/10-things-concerning-tmnt/
I love this quote from Tom:
"After “The Trial of Krang,” the Turtles will make a quick detour to pay another visit to the Ghostbusters in*TMNT/Ghostbusters 2*(a five-issue weekly event in November). Then it’s back to the TMNT’s NYC to deal with a Triceraton invasion (which kicks off the “Invasion of the Triceratons” arc). And then, yes, we’ve got some street-level business to take care of… in a*big way!"

Maybe something with the Foot and/or Purple Dragons is in store for next spring?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #66
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I love this quote from Tom:
"After “The Trial of Krang,” the Turtles will make a quick detour to pay another visit to the Ghostbusters in*TMNT/Ghostbusters 2*(a five-issue weekly event in November). Then it’s back to the TMNT’s NYC to deal with a Triceraton invasion (which kicks off the “Invasion of the Triceratons” arc). And then, yes, we’ve got some street-level business to take care of… in a*big way!"

Maybe something with the Foot and/or Purple Dragons is in store for next spring?
That quote intrigued me as well. To me, street-level implies the Foot, the Purple Dragons, and possibly the Mutanimals and Karai's new posse in the mix. Maybe a City at War-type arc? All out chaos in New York in the aftermath of the Triceraton invasion, and someone has to step in to fill that void?

At this point, the amount of storylines being juggled is just staggering. The way the creative team keeps all of their plates spinning while still ramping up the stakes with every new issue of a soon-to-be 100 issue-long comic is simply outstanding.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well it's already shown in this issue Bishop will be involved in the Triceraton arc.

It's probably too soon for Karai to be back in NYC, her universe arc just ended and she's only now just starting her own clan. No way can she recruit that quickly. Casey controls the Purple Dragons and Hun is disgraced at this point so I don't see much happening there.

The only thing I can see is Null making her move and Splinter/Foot going after her, probably also involving the Mutanimals.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #68
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well it's already shown in this issue Bishop will be involved in the Triceraton arc.

It's probably too soon for Karai to be back in NYC, her universe arc just ended and she's only now just starting her own clan. No way can she recruit that quickly. Casey controls the Purple Dragons and Hun is disgraced at this point so I don't see much happening there.

The only thing I can see is Null making her move and Splinter/Foot going after her, probably also involving the Mutanimals.
We strongly suspected, and then later on had it confirmed via solicitations, that Bishop would be involved with the invasion. There's a hint at Hun making an appearance somewhere in there as well. And I agree that it's too soon for Karai to come back, but I expect she will before #100 anyway.

Null causing more trouble for both the Turtles and the Mutanimals is long overdue. Maybe after the invasion, when they see more eye to eye with Bishop (come on, you know it's going to happen), they'll have the resources to actually go after her in a proactive way?

Whatever way we slice it, there are several villains or factions currently in the backburner and there's just no way some of them will be fully used before #100. I don't see Maligna and Ch'rell, for instance, being one-arc wonders. There's got to be something more in store for them.

The way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if the Turtles started longing for the days when all they had to worry about were Shredder and Krang!
Old 10-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #69
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ehhh, Maligna IS the one that was scared away by pollen hallucinations. Though, there is the issue of her taking over a lot of Dimension X territories, but that's not exactly important to the story unless she comes through to the "main" dimension.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

You know, it's kind of funny when you realize Krang appeared in the very first issue in 2011, albeit you only saw his hand and he was off-panel.

Spoiler:
RIP IDW Krang 2011-2017. He had a good 6 year run.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #71
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The art changing every couple of pages was hugely distracting and very annoying.

I DID like how every witness--and Hakkr--were used to defeat Maligna.

Krang comparing himself to the Neutrino king was awesome. #75's trial proceedings were more interesting than #74, but such is the nature of a finale!

Spoiler:

On the one hand, I think Krang had a few good story arcs' worth of potential. But on the other hand, seeing Leatherhead chomp down on Krang was just so damn satisfying. So while the potential was there, this was one hell of an ending.
I approve!
Old 10-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #72
ChosenOne
Banned

One thing I've been wondering, though, given this issue's ending... What will come of the epilogue to #50? What is its significance now?
Old 10-25-2017, 09:54 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
One thing I've been wondering, though, given this issue's ending... What will come of the epilogue to #50? What is its significance now?
What was the epilogue, I don't remember? Something about the Utroms finding DNA in the past or something? I've forgotten.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #74
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm wondering if we're even going to see the Pantheon story "wrapped up" by Issue #100. With so many new story arcs brewing, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if it was post #100.

I mean, come on... Bishop and the Earth Protection Force are a big enough deal to merit the big #100 story arc, as is the whole Karai's Clan / Splinter's Foot Clan issue that is ramping up...
Old 10-25-2017, 10:01 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I mean, come on... Bishop and the Earth Protection Force are a big enough deal to merit the big #100 story arc, as is the whole Karai's Clan / Splinter's Foot Clan issue that is ramping up...
Well Bishop is just always included in big arcs, so he's always going to be there even when other arcs are going. They should on the other hand conclude other arcs for Null, etc.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #76
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
What was the epilogue, I don't remember? Something about the Utroms finding DNA in the past or something? I've forgotten.
Krang and a Lieutenant had watched Saki execute Hamato Yoshi and his sons from a distance, thought everything about it was weird, and then asked for Ma'riell and her team to collect DNA and "QNA" samples (whatever "QNA" is), believing that it might be useful to him someday. Which...isn't coming about now, unless something gets worked around.

So now that it's mentioned, what did happen to that plot thread anyway?
Old 10-25-2017, 10:48 PM   #77
oldmanwinters
Overlord

This was foreseen long ago...

Courtesy of Ryan Brown and Steve Lavigne. Credit to Roseangelo.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #78
Ninjinister
無問題

"Lieutenant" is spelled incorrectly when the Oots return to Burnow....
Old 10-26-2017, 05:57 AM   #79
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
If I recall correctly, it was about Krang finding the dead sons of Hamato Yoshi and taking their DNA and/or RNA. We've yet to see that play out any further.

As for issue #100, my take has always been that it will wrap up the Pantheon storyline. Or at the very least, propel it forward in a huge way (Splinter's death, Shredder's resurrection, that sort of thing). Sure, Bishop is a big threat, but he's more of a B-plot compared to what's been brewing in the background for much of the series. Still... Who knows, really? There's a ton of ways things could play out until then.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #80
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I want this to happen so much! And ironically enough, it even kinda fits into my "Shredder War" dream arc for this comic, what with the road Karai herself is currenly on over in Universe... All that's missing now is for Raph to embrace the dark side.
I didn't think about that!! Karai vs Oruku Saki vs Chr'll!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Spoiler:
At this point, I think it's more likely that he'd start using Krang's green exosuit. If he can fit in it...he's quite large.
I hope not, bc that would be redundant imo.

As others has said we probably won't get chr'll post 100.

But now that I think about it if....well probably when Oruku Saki is resurrected will he be "Demon Shredder" pretty much, bc I would be ok with that
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote